MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
V Wong

Chartered flight KUL-BKI

From my observations, compiling reports from friends and crew, it can be concluded that the flights were to ferry voters from the Peninsular side to Sabah / Sarawak. Now ater the GE, the flights are ferrying people from Borneo to the peninsular.

I think it was not about illegal voters, but more of BN defending their fixed deposits. And they did well in that respect.

I flew to KL from KK last Friday evening (MAS 5.35pm flight). A 747 was parked at the gate (Gate 5) and the boarding lounge at that particular gate was totally deserted. So it seems to me that that particular flight i saw last week brought Sabah voters back to Sabah just so they can vote and after all passengers have disembarked, it flew back to KL with no passenger at all.

From my observations, compiling reports from friends and crew, it can be concluded that the flights were to ferry voters from the Peninsular side to Sabah / Sarawak. Now ater the GE, the flights are ferrying people from Borneo to the peninsular.

I think it was not about illegal voters, but more of BN defending their fixed deposits. And they did well in that respect.

Another question is, are they suppose to use people's money for their own gain? When the parliament dissolved, I thought nobody is allowed to use the public funds or assets.

Another question is, are they suppose to use people's money for their own gain? When the parliament dissolved, I thought nobody is allowed to use the public funds or assets.

i believe the flights were chartered flights and therefore had to be paid....who paid? I have no idea..

back when I was I was in college, there's always people (from the 2 main political parties contesting) giving away free bus tickets to go back to Kelantan/Terengganu...so I guess this is exactly the same except that they flew people instead of using buses.....

i believe the flights were chartered flights and therefore had to be paid....who paid? I have no idea..

Friends of BN, it has been mentioned :)

Friends of BN, it has been mentioned :)

"Friends" of BN are 20 million odd strong, correct? Now what does this tell us? When you have so much friend, even a single RM from each of us will charter a few flights for their political gain! Well done!

"MAS Denies Flew Phantom Voters for Polls"

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mas-denies-flew-phantom-voters-for-polls/

There you have it :)

57 flights, 6,553 pax

Average 115 pax per flight

Considering the many 744 and 333 runs, must have been very many sparsely populated cabins

But never mind, everything already paid for oredi :D

If the return flights are ferry flights, then the populated numbers per flight would double, wouldn't it?

"MAS Denies Flew Phantom Voters for Polls"

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mas-denies-flew-phantom-voters-for-polls/

There you have it :)

57 flights, 6,553 pax

Average 115 pax per flight

Considering the many 744 and 333 runs, must have been very many sparsely populated cabins

But never mind, everything already paid for oredi :D

But he also mentioned flights to Sibu and Sandakan, so Boeing 737 were also used.

Those chartered flights were under the direction of PMO. Even if they do really ferry the phantom voters, how could they ever admit? So no point of keep arguing with them.

Those chartered flights were under the direction of PMO. Even if they do really ferry the phantom voters, how could they ever admit? So no point of keep arguing with them.

Correct - to be fully transparent, they should disclose who are the ones who sponsored the flights and also let independent observers verify that the pax are bona fide citizens. Otherwise, it will be perceived that these privileged and supposedly pro BN voters have an unfair advantage in the GE while ordinary citizens do not get the same benefit when returning to vote.