MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia stock

Does this chart look familiar?

3182.png

Unfortunately, the stock market is full of speculators and syndicates hoping to make a quick buck. Those real investors will have to navigate these peaks and throughs to formulate an investment strategy.

In any case, I think a lot of people are divesting the more speculative counters and prepare for the recession. I think it is still a bit early to buy stocks at the moment. We can expect Bursa to fall somemore once the Eurozone collapses.

I'm guessing the Air Asia PR spinners Investor Relations Personnel are already drawing up comparative charts demonstrating how counter 5099 has outperformed other more illustrious stocks (note Facebook has reportedly dived 45% since float in May) :)

Oh dear, what has happened? 25% value gone POOF! in just 10 weeks?

===

5099.png

SOURCE

Hope there is no casualties/ victims here! Looks like Air Asia is a red chip stocks! Kinda ties in with their own colour I guess! :p

For blue chip..... buy MH shares :)

Can't deny that Air Asia has a promising future though. Some people have actually made some handsome returns from buying and selling and buying and selling the Air Asia shares :D

Edited by Isaac

EPF, Fernandes, Kamarudin increase stakes in AirAsia

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia Bhd's group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and deputy group chief executive officer Datuk Kamarudin Meranun have increased their stakes in the low-cost carrier over the past few days, according to reports to the stock exchange.

They have increased their combined stakes in the company by a nett 0.86% over the past three days, filings with the stock exchange showed. They now own a combined deemed interest of close to 24% in AirAsia.

On another development, the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) board had also increased its stakes in AirAsia by acquiring about 450,000 shares. The EPF board now holds total direct and indirect stakes of almost 10% in AirAsia.

The company's shares rose by 10 sen yesterday and the stock was the second most actively traded .

AirAsia shares had experienced some sell-down recently on concerns of intensifying competition domestically and regionally. The market had also been concerned that Malindo Airways, which was launched earlier in the month, would give AirAsia solid competition.

Market dealers said that the move to increase stakes by AirAsia's key directors showed that they were committed to the business despite the impending competition from Malindo.

Source:

http://biz.thestar.c...67&sec=business

Edited by flee

AirAsia's stocks are suffering from a serious bout of "Malindonitis" ... a very serious ailment that results from a cross-border infection transmitted by the Lion and a mythical creature known in Malaysia as the NADI. The only cure for this is if TF can trick the Lion and the NADI into accepting his proposal for a "collaboration" ....

KC Sim

The AK stock chart looks like where they built Lukla airport.

I hope there is no direct relation with the recent crash at that particular airport.

AirAsia's stocks are suffering from a serious bout of "Malindonitis" ... a very serious ailment that results from a cross-border infection transmitted by the Lion and a mythical creature known in Malaysia as the NADI. The only cure for this is if TF can trick the Lion and the NADI into accepting his proposal for a "collaboration" ....

KC Sim

We heard about such a "collaboration" before...more of you collaborate to agree to whatever I suggest...

How would you guys, as aviation fans, rate Malindo's entry into Malaysia. Threat to AirAsia, or not?

Edited by jani

How would you guys, as aviation fans, rate Malindo's entry into Malaysia. Threat to AirAsia, or not?

Not immediately, but may be a threat in the future - if they can scale up successfully.

Exactly. So those sentiments are factored into the stock price. However, personally, I would consider this a great time to buy AirAsia shares. AirAsia thinks so too, since Tune are buying back a lot.

Just a few weeks ago it was also hovering around this price, at ~RM2.90. Then it jumped to ~RM3.15 in a very short while.

Had you bought it when it was at RM2.90, and sold at RM3.15, you would have made an 8% profit in just a couple of weeks.

Sign in to follow this