MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

SilkAir Orders 23 737-800s + 31 737 MAX 8s

MAS 30" pitch is just horrible. That's why I still prefer their older 737-400 which have better seat pitch

MAS 30" pitch is just horrible. That's why I still prefer their older 737-400 which have better seat pitch

Plus you have the video box under the seats

Apparently MI's B737-8SA (Reg: 9V-MGA) had its maiden flight on 13th Jan.

I'm surprised that MI is assigned a new boeing customer code instead of retaining SQ's code, since (if i'm not mistaken) the order was made by its parent company SQ.

Anyone got any pictures of the new plane? :D

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.com/2014/01/9v-mga-b737-8sa-silk-air-first-flight.html

SIA did not make the Boeing orders - you have been mistaken it for the 787 which SIA ordered and was transferred to Scoot. And apparently Silkair order the 738/739s instead of the A320 was because the Boeing 737s can fly further in range than the A320s.

SIA did not make the Boeing orders - you have been mistaken it for the 787 which SIA ordered and was transferred to Scoot. And apparently Silkair order the 738/739s instead of the A320 was because the Boeing 737s can fly further in range than the A320s.

Actually, it was slot issue. Boeing's production slot fits better with Silk Air's renewal plan. Airbus wasn't able to free up early slots for MI, unfortunately. Boeing with their new CEO is now on combative mode in every single order after JAL's A350 and VivaAerobus B737 to A320 switch order. This is evidenced from the MI order and Air Canada recent B737MAX order.

Actually, it was slot issue. Boeing's production slot fits better with Silk Air's renewal plan. Airbus wasn't able to free up early slots for MI, unfortunately.

yeah the issue was due to available early slots instead of range.

737 was ordered by SilkAir. I doubt SQ would let SilkAir use the same Boeing code.

yup. my bad haha sorry.

it was Silkair who indeed placed the order. :)

737 was ordered by SilkAir. I doubt SQ would let SilkAir use the same Boeing code.

And why not? I believe Boeing customer code is at the sole discretion of Boeing, not their customer!

Boeing customer code is unique and fixed to the airlines. Once it was assigned, I don't think even Boeing can change it! Since 737 was ordered by SIlk Air they will get their own. 787 on the other hand is still unknown because it was ordered by SQ but will be operated by Scoot. It's more likely to get SQ 12, unless SQ asked otherwise.

Don't think B787s carry customer codes anymore.

Yes. You're right. They could at least follow Airbus, although it'd never happen with Boeing.

SilkAir's first B737-8SA 9V-MGA will be handed over in Seattle on the afternoon of 3 February ... will by then be able to confirm how the 25th Anniversary markings are applied on the aircraft.

Hopefully the location has wifi connection and I could upload some pictures of the aircraft's exterior and interior on FB ...

KC Sim

So I guess MI's Boeing code is SA ?

Isn't it nice and easier to remember than 12, which is SQ's code?

I think Silk Air livery is very tired and dated... they should come up with a new one soon!

They should put something on those winglets ( logo or paint it perhaps )

Like MAS's wau on their 738 winglets? Or all blueish green?

Sign in to follow this