MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

Domestic flights operated by widebodies

Hello MWings members,

Never actually introduce myself... I am HC from Sarawak (Kuching) but currently resides in the UK.

Just out of interest...does any 'insider' know whether there would be an impact on the domestic flights currently operated by widebodies after MAS starting the route rationalisation? Would they be downgraded to B734 and the widebodies deployed to more profitable international routes (if any :huh: )?

Here are a few examples of domestic flights operated by widebodies ex-KUL

MH1138 KUL-PEN A330 Daily

MH1168 KUL-PEN A330 Daily

MH1430 KUL-LGK A330 Day 4

MH1438 KUL-LGK A330 Day 1,3,6

MH2504 KUL-KCH A330 Day 3,7

MH0005 KUL-KCH B772 Day 2,5,7

MH2538 KUL-KCH B772 Day 2,5,7

MH2616 KUL-BKI A330 Day 1,3,6

I am hoping that MAS will keep flying these widebodies on these flights, :( but I have to admit that it is a bit 'wasted' to use a B772 on a domestic sector!

domestic ops has been sponsored by government since 1972, regardless of aircraft type.

In an article in yesterday's paper, apparently MH7 LHR-LGK-KUL and LHR-PEN-KUL will proceed direct to KUL, and MH5 FRA-KUL-KCH will end at KUL, effective from March 26.

I think direct flights between KUL and major city(not via) will stay because of the high laod factors but 777 to FRA and PER via KCH and 747 to LHR via PEN and LGK are no good :( ...................no comment about international flights from BKI, is it profitable?

Edited by Seth K

Thanks...Good to know that some of the flights will still be operated by widebodies. Yes everytime I took KUL-KCH vv the flight is always full, incl the 777's! :lol:

I wonder if the following routes will probably be terminated as well?

KUL-BKI-NRT

KUL-BKI-KIX

KUL-BKI-TPE

KUL-BKI-PVG

KUL-BKI-ICN

Isaac likes to hop on to one of these flights whenever he travels to the west or vice versa to enjoy the in-flight entertainment of the widebodies on international flights.

I flew a number of times on B777 to KCH. MH 5 was often not that full...probably too early in the morning from KUL (0815), but the return MH 2507 was quite full. MH 6 at night was 100% full the last time I flew. I asked the check-in staff if there was anybody seating beside me, and she said the flight was absolutely full, and it indeed was. I think KCH should get widebody service like the B777 at certain times like school holidays etc.

I wonder if the following routes will probably be terminated as well?

KUL-BKI-NRT

KUL-BKI-KIX

KUL-BKI-TPE

KUL-BKI-PVG

KUL-BKI-ICN

I hope not ......

Isaac likes to hop on to one of these flights whenever he travels to the west or vice versa to enjoy the in-flight entertainment of the widebodies on international flights.

:lol: :lol: My favorite flights are MH80/MH81. The Japanese FAs are just so polite and friendly ! Didn't travel on MH69/68 since year 2003.

My flights in April/May are MH2528 and MH2507, on Saturday and Sunday respectively. It is an a330 now but when i'm flying its downgraded to a 734 both ways. Damned!

To optimize yield, Mas need 200 to 220 pax widebody to slot between 734 and 333. For 'national pride' and 'higher order value', TR ordered A330 in all -300 instead of a mixed of -200.

To optimize yield, Mas need 200 to 220 pax widebody to slot between 734 and 333.

787 is perfect :)

787 is perfect :)

that would be when the 787 is released. for now, i think maybe MH should lease some 757-200 or 767-200 for this route for temporary time until they can find the real solution. it's a bit efficient.

Azuddin

MAS is not going to lease anymore planes until some routes recover from loses or high demand..........but right now they already have mass amount of planes to operate......just when the 330 dead.........787 will come grace the KUL space :)

Edited by Seth K

For 'national pride' and 'higher order value', TR ordered A330 in all -300 instead of a mixed of -200.

I believe TR ordered the 333 long before the 332 was available.

787 is perfect smile.gif

I couldn't agree more B)

MAS really should reconfigurate the seating arrangement on their 332 because it's EXTREMELY hard for MAS to fill up all the GCC seats ! Especially on many routes the 332 are currently serving. Otherwise, terminate the leases a.s.a.p.

Isaac, Probably not that easy to terminate the lease. Say if the a/c is on lease contract for 2 years, then MAS is obliged to pay for the two years' lease. Any termination prior to that will incur a penalty, which could be a hefty one.

Sign in to follow this