MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Korean gears up for Paris and LA A380 services

Hi guys,

KE's A380 will be delivered today officially in TLS. Click on the link below to watch live webcast of the delivery ceremony at 1.00pm UTC which shall be 9.00pm local Malaysia time. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Have your popcorn ready!

A380 delivery LIVE

KE livery: the best of all the 380's sofar IMHO :yahoo:

KE livery: the best of all the 380's sofar IMHO :yahoo:

Until such time there is the blue of your employer on the dugong I suppose :lol:

Or when someone paints their's Dutch orange :p

:pardon:

In the video, what is the spacious area at 2:29? It looks like a mini lounge on the upper deck.

Possibly the duty free sales area ? Merchandising people not been round yet I suppose :D

Could be. But the duty free shop is located near the stairs at the rear portion of the main deck. That area seems like the area near the galley where EK is putting its bar on the upper deck.

i dislike how the floor reflect lights on it! <_ looks slippery. and notice how long the aisle is right up until back of plane src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:"> I wonder what those tap like thingy protruding on the side of the seats :blink:

i dislike how the floor reflect lights on it! <_ looks slippery. and notice how long the aisle is right up until back of plane src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:"> I wonder what those tap like thingy protruding on the side of the seats :blink:

The floor is still covered with plastic to prevent it from getting dirty, considering the amount of people walking over it.

The tap thingy could be a reading light.

In the video, what is the spacious area at 2:29? It looks like a mini lounge on the upper deck.

Possibly the duty free sales area ? Merchandising people not been round yet I suppose

Could be. But the duty free shop is located near the stairs at the rear portion of the main deck. That area seems like the area near the galley where EK is putting its bar on the upper deck.

Found it. It is the 'Celestial Bar'.

1962321.jpg

The 'Celestial Bar' is located at the rear of the upper deck for Prestige Class passengers. It is unique accommodating space in Korean Air A380!

Korean Air takes delivery of its fourth A380 today, and will launch superjumbo flights to Paris on September 26, and Los Angeles on October 10.

The carrier currently operates A380 flights from Seoul Incheon to Tokyo, Hong Kong and New York, and will add Paris and LA to the list this autumn.

Superjumbo flights to Paris will operate three times per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), between September 26 and October 29, on flight KE901 departing Seoul at 1320, and KE902 departing Paris at 2100. It’s not yet clear what will happen to A380 services on the route after the end of October.

A380 flights to Los Angeles will also operate three times weekly from October 10, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The carrier is also set to launch superjumbo services to Frankfurt on December 1 (see online news August 12).

Korean Air is scheduled to take delivery of one more A380 this year, followed by a further five by 2014, allowing the carrier to “gradually expand its A380 service to major destinations in Europe and North America”.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/korean-gears-up-for-paris-and-la-a380-services

Sign in to follow this