MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2011 Paris Air Show - Le Bourget LBG/LFPB

This year, I celebrated the Malaysian Wings 6th Anniversary by visiting the Paris Air Show. Here are some photo highlights to share with Malaysian Wingers. :)

Dassault Rafale (Special 30,000 hours livery)

249977.jpg

Russia always never fails to give us weird and wonderful aircraft. Here the Beriev Be-200 water bomber shows its capability. We need a couple of these to douse the Indonesian forest fires!

249981.jpg

ATR proudly showing off its new ATR72-600

249979.jpg

Dassault with its Falcon 7X

249980.jpg

Many visitors were disappointed when the Airbus Military A400M could not fly due to an engine gearbox problem

249978.jpg

great share and what a disappointment with the A400 , and the A380 for that matter.

to be on home turf , and be handicapped like that . but that didn't prevent them from reaching record numbers of course

Flee, is it difficult to muscle in for a decent shot?

Flee, is it difficult to muscle in for a decent shot?

It was not that difficult if you are prepared to wait a few minutes. However, at the popular displays, there are always customers/VIPs in the vicinity of the aircraft. So a clear shot may not be possible at all, e.g. the USAF aircraft.

I went on Friday, the first public day. I would imagine that it would be more crowded on Saturday and Sunday.

Any shot of the CN295?? ;)

No clear shot as it was parked right at the back with no access from public areas. So there are always planes in the foreground. Sorry!

anyshot of the Korean Air A380??? :pardon:

Sorry no shot of the Korean lady cos this was back after repairs at Toulouse!

250379.jpg

Flee, thanks for sharing those shots. :drinks:

Certainly not easy to shoot those static display aircraft with so many people around. <_>

Do share more when you have time to edit.

Nice shots, Francis :good:

If you have some more Russian 'hardware' to be posted lateron, I would be most delighted... :pardon:

Certainly not easy to shoot those static display aircraft with so many people around. <_>

Yes, it is pretty busy on the apron as you can see in this pix of the crowd in front of the C5 Galaxy:

251601.jpg

Any shot of the CN295?? ;)

This Alenia C-27J Spartan made up for the no fly CN295. It thrilled the crowd with its aerobatic flying display. Only 3 seconds of its display is on level flight!

251597.jpg

The SolarImpulse did not fly until late in the weekend as it was not sunny enough.

251599.jpg

The USAF display was a popular one. Here we see the F15E

251598.jpg

great stuff.... thanks for sharing, Flee... :clapping:

waiting for more... :good:

Hehehehe, more indeed! :) Here is the French Air Force AWACS

251602.jpg

The Paris Air Show will not be complete without the Patrouille de France

251600.jpg

Nice shots, Francis :good:

If you have some more Russian 'hardware' to be posted lateron, I would be most delighted... :pardon:

Thanks Pieter! Hope you had a good and safe flight back to AMS. :)

Yes, I wanted to see the Superjet but like the Boeings, it left before the public days. Still we can enjoy one more shot of this Russian princess.

254201.jpg

This Eurocopter X3 is no ordinary heli

254197.jpg

And the Eurofighter Typhoon is now seeing action in Libya

254199.jpg

Just look at "Jaws"!

254198.jpg

Breitling was well represented in the Paris Air Show. Here we see the Super Constellation, one of only six that remain in airworthy condition.

254200.jpg

This concludes my highlights of the 2011 Paris Air Show.

Thanks for your kind comments and I hope that you have enjoyed it. :)

MW_6Anniversary2011.jpg

That's it? Oh well,.. I was hoping to see more, since it is PARIS Airshow, not some cheapskate Lima Singa Airshow.. but I am sure you had a blast being in a Real airshow :good:

I did not see 'Patrouille de France' performing on the 2nd day of the event. Was it a full formation aeros display or just a flypast?

However, I was lucky enough to watch KE A380 instead of the 'clipped' A380 and the arrival of B7late7.

:hi:

Looks like the C-5 Galaxy was there to display its updates - Cockpit avionics and the new GE engines.

Thanks for sharing, Flee.

Wonderful angle in your Constellation shot ! :good: :drinks:

That's it? Oh well,.. I was hoping to see more, since it is PARIS Airshow, not some cheapskate Lima Singa Airshow.. but I am sure you had a blast being in a Real airshow :good:

Well I am just trying to show what we do not normally see here. Let me look thru somemore and see if I can pick out a few more for posting here.

Frankly this year's Paris Air Show was not that good - been to Farnborough and Paris Air Shows in the past and the ground and flying displays were more impressive.

Stay tuned! :)