MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eric M

One day trip to DUB (Ireland) on EI (08FEB2006)

Hi there!

I'm just back from a daytrip to the Republic of Ireland, done together with Pieter <_< !

We flew on Aer Lingus A320-200 aircraft (AMS-DUB on EI-DEJ, DUB-AMS on EI-DEC) in Y-class.

The weather was awful sunny, we didn't expect that much sun in Ireland (famous for the many rainshowers!!) :o So we don't complain at all!

I'm uploading here some impression of our tour with some pictures/text. As Pieter is off to Dubai from tomorrow, he will not have the time to do this now ;)

Hope you like them,

IPB Image

View after takeoff, visible is AMS rwy 18C-36C, bad weather in Holland this morning!

IPB Image

View on Dutch coastline, including part of harbour of IJmuiden

IPB Image

Gulf Air A330 in special livery departing to Bahrain

IPB Image

Exotic paintscheme on this bmi regional ATR42, short final runway 28!

IPB Image

Polish lowcost airline is called 'Centralwings'

IPB Image

Ryanair's Dreamliner on approach!! How beautiful this is...

IPB Image

Singapore Cargo dealing with some light crosswinds on short final! Biggest aircraft at DUB today!

IPB Image

Closeup for Azahan ;) , A330-300 departing to the USA!

IPB Image

New livery of Dutch airline Transavia.com! Note the missing 'eyebrow-windows' at the flightdeck!

Just let me know if you want to see more pics from DUB!

Eric

wuhuuuuuu eric.......thanx for the nose of 'st maeve'. was it 'romeo delta' or 'romeo oscar'. if its the former, sounds ironic isnt it? seems perfect brightness at that spot for nose shots. good timing bro! captain is blatantly clear even with lower resolution. cheers eric and hope u enjoyed that 'shuttle' trip. and every minute counts!

wuhuuuuuu eric.......thanx for the nose of 'st maeve'. was it 'romeo delta' or 'romeo oscar'. if its the former, sounds ironic isnt it? seems perfect brightness at that spot for nose shots. good timing bro! captain is blatantly clear even with lower resolution. cheers eric and hope u enjoyed that 'shuttle' trip. and every minute counts!

"St Maeve" is actually A330-300 EI-ORD. Aer Lingus registered their A330's to airport codes (like -JFK, -ORD, -LAX, -CRK)

IPB Image

Higher resolution of St Maeve for Azahan... ;)

And 2 more closeups for you mate :D

IPB Image

Embraer 170 SP-LDF of LOT Polish Airlines

IPB Image

And Ryanair's B737-800 EI-DHG speeding up the runway. Why you don't wave captain if you look @ me :lol:

For sure you don't see these planes ofter in SE-Asia. We sure liked the day overhere at DUB!

Eric

Edited by Eric M

Beautiful pics...... :)

Azahan, what do you look for with the nose shots? what qualifies as a good nose shot??

cheers

kelvin

Attan,

Yes, a nice overview picture of runway 36C/18C....looking down 36 in this case...see also the de-icing spots at the left of 36C with the taxi-track turning left half-way: this is the way to go to the "Polderbaan" 36L/18R, where lot's of spotters will wait for the heavies (see also my series of 2 weeks ago)...

Will include my pictures next week, after my short break this coming weekend :o ;)

Will include my pictures next week, after my short break this coming weekend :o ;)

Boy will you have pictures to upload after your "short break"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dublin airport... I've seen many cross wind landings there.

Interesting feature of the airport is that the US immigration seem to be stationed there to pre-clear passengers for the US. So when you arrive in the US, you just have to pick up your luggage and go! Nice feature, but I wonder how the US will react if Ireland insists on having Irish officers in a US airport!

Great pictures Eric! and Pieter.. waiting for yours!

Min Chun,

You mean the LOT E170 captain ?

Note, although, temps were a pleasant 6-7 degrees at DUB, there was a blistering wind and weather in Poland has been extremely cold lately (-15/-20 during the day), so he might have opted to wear a sweater instead of a coat ;)

Beautiful pics...... :)

Azahan, what do you look for with the nose shots? what qualifies as a good nose shot??

cheers

kelvin

hey kelvin....good question!

and i myself have no real clue what constitutes good nose shot. let me try to explain. i think a nose shot is about the nose. for me, the nose shot can extend right up to door 1 or door 2 (in the case of triple or jumbo), however, website like a.net is quite strict on the definition. the basic idea of getting a good nose shot is similar to getting a good shot for other areas of the airplanes........the sun position....... where the target area must be bright so u get a clear picture. and what do you want to see for a nose shot? cockpit right!!! so if your shot can cater for a clear view of the pilot(s) then i think u have a good nose shot! that is why 'st maeve' or the eyebrowless ryanair 738 are good nose shots. at the same time, dont leave the gap between the tip of the nose and the side wall of your frame. fill it up! see ryanair again and u see what i mean. see my fedex shot below and u will get another good idea of my explanation:-

IPB Image

then how u one to make it more interesting? i think it is more funky to shoot the nose when the aircraft is at its fastest speed on ground i.e. rolling, take offs, lifting of front gear. wouldn't you agree? no worries kelvin, u can start and get used by clicking the nose when the plane is taxying. slowly slowly catch a monkey. and when u get used to faster speeds, then try the 'take offs'. u may have seen a lot of my examples for this explanation but here is one:-

IPB Image

1. cockpit view is clear. the sun is with you.

2. plane is highest speed on ground.

3. window view is clear (a bonus). :blink:

4. pilot's behaviour at that point of time (a bonus). no he is not giving me a thumbs up. i wish so. instead, he is shading himself against the bright sunlight. :blink:

hope i have given you a good explanation of my definition of good nose shot. it may contradict the definition in other websites. hopefully one day, you, eric and many others can get better and better nose shots and pass this 'dark side' tips to the next generation. may the force be with you! heheheh........

eh by the way, hope those two shots are good examples. hehehe. sorry if your expectation is a little higher. B) B)

Eric.... nice pix there... No harm of sharing some more pixs from the trip

or any trio for that matter :lol:

Azahan... thanks bro... that's a good tip for nose shots. Forget about other websites' requirement

Your requirements are better... ;)

And will try to fulfill that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi guys! my first post!! :D

Eric/Pieter,

You guys sure are lucky to have nice, sunny weather on the 8th.......it has been awfully grey and overcast for the past 4 days at least!

Awesome pics btw......love the shamrock 330 :) nice to see you've got Gulf Air a332.....they've just started services to DUB....

and yes.....upload more pics of DUB pleaaassee!! and more EI!! :p

cheers!

dublin airport... I've seen many cross wind landings there.

Interesting feature of the airport is that the US immigration seem to be stationed there to pre-clear passengers for the US. So when you arrive in the US, you just have to pick up your luggage and go! Nice feature, but I wonder how the US will react if Ireland insists on having Irish officers in a US airport!

Great pictures Eric! and Pieter.. waiting for yours!

Sounds convenient.

Nice shots

hi guys! my first post!! :D

Awesome pics btw......love the shamrock 330 :) nice to see you've got Gulf Air a332.....they've just started services to DUB....

and yes.....upload more pics of DUB pleaaassee!! and more EI!! :p

Hi Ashraf!

welcome here at MW...

For you some more Shamrock alias Aer Lingus ;) When you visit DUB, you won't miss this green airline (just my 2 cents :rolleyes: )

IPB Image

Another A330 (EI-LAX) lining up for her flight to the US!

IPB Image

One of Shamrock A321's arriving from LHR (most probably)

IPB Image

EI-ORD seen on arrival! Take care for the stupid high new fence surrounding the airport. It's been placed for security reasons!! :angry:

IPB Image

EI-DES coming in on finals, their newest A320! Just a few weeks in operations now.

Thanks for your comments guys!

Eric

Azahan, thanks for the nose shot tips - you've got the parameters right IMO.

Eric, wooooh some more superb Irish bus shots there. Thank you mate.

Azahan,

Is this a good nose? No idea here..

IPB Image

Comments welcome Azahan.. :)

eric,

hehehe thanks for those awesome green buses!! a330 wingflex is always awesome!!

yeah, i did notice the new green fence last time i came back from the airport. didn't seem to ruin your photos at all though. i wonder if they choosed a green fence colour, so that it matches EI's green livery..... :blink:

btw, did u guys catch ryanair's new 738 with winglets?

cheers!

eric,

hehehe thanks for those awesome green buses!! a330 wingflex is always awesome!!

yeah, i did notice the new green fence last time i came back from the airport. didn't seem to ruin your photos at all though. i wonder if they choosed a green fence colour, so that it matches EI's green livery..... :blink:

btw, did u guys catch ryanair's new 738 with winglets?

cheers!

I really love the A330-200 myself, it is having the perfect shape!

The green fence is not good at all, unless the spotting hills become a little higher... The fence is visible in almost all pictures when not edited in Photoshop or other software. You've to crop the aircraft out in a new frame to get rid of this fence. Spotting conditions are a lot more worse then 6 months ago :angry:

Nope, no Ryanair winglets for us this time... Was really excited to catch one or a few, but the only special Ryanair was the 'Dreamliner' for us.

Eric

The spotting location for Dublin seems to be a nice spot.

Aircraft is fast, low and touch down zone.

Might need a ladder for a short guy like me..

good one guys...something green from Dublin.

Ok, guys, just returned back from "the desert", so, here are a selection of my shots, taken at DUB, together with Eric (tried to upload different ones, as Eric has shown the main ones already); hope you like them (they're all still un-edited, so fences visible on most of them :angry: )

This Jetstream31 operated an unknown scheduled flight

IPB Image

Many helicopters are based at DUB; here is EI-SBM, an A109, crossing at high-speed

IPB Image

Many business-jet make Ireland their 1st stop after crossing the Atlantic; here N27VP, a CitationX

IPB Image

Another heli crossing from North to South: Sikorsky S76 or A109 ??? for me: difficult to tell :blink:

IPB Image

A nice and very noisy take-off could be witnessed by this Gulfstream-3 VP-CNP

IPB Image

Here's my "trial" of a nose-shot of a Dash8-400, a type not seen regularly at AMS

IPB Image

Two Irish airlines "framed" in one picture: here EI-CSI with the German flag and "Frankfurt-Hahn" titles

IPB Image

9V-SFE battling the strong crosswinds from the right: look at the spoilers at the right-wing deflected :o

IPB Image

5B-DBV of Eurocypria landing, to collect another load of Irish sun-seekers

IPB Image

G-HERM, gracing a beautiful eagle on her tail, seen here taking-off

IPB Image

OO-DLC resting during the day at DUB and waiting for another night-shift throughout Europe

IPB Image

Sign in to follow this