MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Kuala Terengganu-Bandung Direct Flights

KEMAMAN, Jan 8 (Bernama) -- The Terengganu government is in talks with an Indonesian businessman to get Heritage Air to hold direct flights between Kuala Terengganu and Bandung, Indonesia.

Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said said the step was being taken to attract more tourists to the state as well maximise use of the Sultan Mahmud Airport (LTSM) which serves the state capital Kuala Terengganu.

"LTSM has the longest runway after the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Subang Airport and as such, it is prudent that the airport is fully utilised," he told reporter after opening the Pantai Teluk Kalong police station here Saturday.

Ahmad added that once the service was in place, expected to be by March, east coast residents in Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan would be spared the need to go to KLIA in order to get to Bandung.

Source BERNAMA : http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=555149

Heard this news while watching TV;but no further info about it since it was mentioned in a newsflash during the 'Berita Wilayah' (Region News) on TV1.

Thanks for posting the news here,Ikman;Let's wait and see for more news.

"LTSM has the longest runway after the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Subang Airport and as such, it is prudent that the airport is fully utilised,"

What prudence ?

How is runway length correlated to airport utilization I wonder ? :rolleyes:

What prudence ?

How is runway length correlated to airport utilization I wonder ?
rolleyes.gif

I know what I'd like to write lol

Well, I positively welcome any improvement of local aviation industry..

So all the best for Heritage Air!! :drinks:

N don't forget to complete ur papers before flight!

What prudence ?

How is runway length correlated to airport utilization I wonder ? :rolleyes:

Maybe politicians thought that if the runway is long enough,Emirates & co will launch flights there?

Maybe politicians thought that if the runway is long enough,Emirates & co will launch flights there?

Qamdo Bangda airport in Tibet has priority then :p

Mercifully, rest of the world largely does not operate to that standard of logic ...... :lol:

Or SQ will send a 380 there

Qamdo Bangda airport in Tibet has priority then :p

Mercifully, rest of the world largely does not operate to that standard of logic ...... :lol:

I have taken off from Lhasa (LXA) at 3,700m, in an A332. It seemed to take ages to get airborne. :)

I think what the politicians tried to say is when there is a long runway, it might attract more airlines to fly to that airport as some airlines refused to fly to some particular airports as their runways is quiet short. Examples are AK stop flying to Ipoh because they said Ipoh's runway is not long enough for their A320 aircraft and the suspension of Berjaya Air's flight to Pangkor. Berjaya Air once stated that if MAHB expand the runway of Pangkor Airport, they are willing to return flying to that resort island.

Sorry to be sceptical, but how long will this venture last?

Probably until the next change of (you know what).

And I'm skeptical to anybody who is not skeptical of this venture.

Edited by Radzi

Proves they probably should utilize the extra runway length for something else.

In my opinion, if they think the runway is not utilised properly they should cordon off the end of it and make a Pasar Tani.

that would be good for everyone, including the state government. anyways, they don't need such a long runway for a BAE 146 flight to bandung

BDO is famous among Malaysians for shopping. Time for a "lawatan sambil belajar" for some local councils?

Sorry to be sceptical, but how long will this venture last?

what venture? i don't think it has even started yet. :D