MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

sunshine, no clouds, -5 Celsius, windchill -12 Celsius

A gorgeous day outside, so didn't want to stay indoors, despite the strong winds and freezing temperatures...so, took the car and went to the Polderbaan (36L) taxitrack :)

IPB Image

Also, good conditions to test and try-out further, my recent purchased D50: 1st to pass my lens was this Surinam Airways 747-300 PZ-TCM on her way to Paramaribo as PY0993, crossing a canal here :o

IPB Image

followed by this Thomsonfly 737-500 to Coventry as TOM0294

IPB Image

and this Easyjet A319 to London-Gatwick as EZY5104, a really British exodus, one-by-one

IPB Image

because next one was this Bmi A321 bound for London-Heathrow as BD0106 in a nice Star Alliance scheme

IPB Image

Than a Oneworld partner was in line for take-off, fully booked, as CX0270

IPB Image

while this Oneworld partner was passing the SPL VOR at more than 30000 feet from London-Heathrow on her way to Singapore

IPB Image

Which colour-scheme do you prefer ? (KZK as KL1065 to Cardiff and KZI as KL1053 to Bristol)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Than, MH003 9M-MPL (the refueller from London-Heathrow) sneaked out from 36C i.s.o. 36L :angry: look at her smokey PW engines...

IPB Image

SAS is one of the few carriers to operate -600 series 737's into AMS: here SK1552 to Stockholm-Arlanda

IPB Image

Glad I was able to take this shot of 2 widebodies, one of which is a Lufthansa 747, bound for North-America

IPB Image

Recently, the nose-cone was replaced on this PH-BTI (operating as KL1445 to Aberdeen), not fully painted as yet

IPB Image

This one is for you, Denny, Nippon Cargo JA8191 to Anchorage and Tokyo as KZ0001

IPB Image

Just love this MD11 cockpit: nice workingplace - here KL0671 to Montreal-Dorval; hope to fly her in 2 week's time to Dubai/UAE :D

IPB Image

KLM is wetleasing this BBJ in a 44-seat all Business-class configuration to fly non-stop to/from Houston :o

IPB Image

How about this for a colour-scheme ? this one left for better climates: KL0589 to Accra/Ghana

IPB Image

Bye-bye, colleagues, enjoy your flight to London-City airport as KL1563 ;)

IPB Image

nice shot peiter.

especially the KLM 332 and privatair 737.

Azuddin

Nice pictures, Pieter.

Ahhhh, I miss Amsterdam. It has been, what, 7 years since I was last there?

For the conditions u mentioned , which were SUNSHINE and NO CLOUDS ..

It looks rather dark ..

Manual settings?

Indeed, guys, like I said, still "experimenting"...this "test" was manual setting with speed at 4000, so diafragma was set by the camera....this because of the very windy conditions and chilly temperatures...the 1st one, Surinam Airways was taken with 2000 speed: see the difference ?? :p

pieter cheers!! nose shots are cool! brighten up a bit and they would look better. love that ms bergman.

Ahhhh~~~ F50!!!! Thanks Pieter to include it. Overall great photos!

Edited by Adrian M

Excellent Pieter! Good closeups of the cockpits!

How many hours did you stand in the cold?

I was able to "suffer" for 2 hours...than had to return home in the car with the heating at the max in order to "warm-up" my hands/fingers :o

Also, guys, do note, in wintertime, the sun's position is quite low here on the Northern Hemisphere, so, although taken around 2pm, the sun's position would be similar to around 5pm with you there in Malaysia.

Still finding out all the camera's abilities, so, please bear with me; the MD11 and F50 and NCA 747 cockpit-shots were taken with 400mm (= max)...

Good to hear, you guys, like the shots: it's a great "push" to keep postin' them on this site ;)

Dont worry Pieter...get it right at your pace. Finger around with the Nikon is Good.

i learn it since my old SLR...until now too!!!

If its a problem...try shoot at "P" mode or program mode...then if you see it looks good, then you have a look at the data...what Aperture and Shutter its uses...then you will learn from it on certain light conditions.

Anything below 1/300...may be blur if unstable hands in the cold winter.

too much above 1/1000..may be blur too...

in between 1/400 until 1/800 is OK.

Try "P" mode and see...it works just fine to learn from it.

Or pump up the ISO...not too much..maybe up to ISO400.

Getting more ISO value, noise level will be a problem.

I shot the MRD at night with ISO 1600...i used manual mode..aperture around F3.5 and speed at 1/30...he he he he...luckily i got VR..stable a bit!!! when i resize it to 700 pixel wide, no one can see how terrible the noise level and the sharpness!!!! :)

Dont worry Pieter...its FUN!!! Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, TK, to try first in P-mode...I will do that in future, and just look what the camera will come-up with ;)

I figured, it would be best to set at speed-4000 that day, because of the extreme cold and "shiffering" :D

hey Peiter

do you saw any Continental that day? CO always uses 762 or 764 in IAH-AMS route. :D I never been to AMS but my dad went there every month. He used to fly to Luanda via AMS. but this month, on 6th of Feb, he will fly to LHR but will fly throught AMS a month later.

Azuddin

Pieter, fantastic work mate!

Top of the must do list:

Amsterdam and Zurich!

eh eh...Dubai oso... :lol: :lol:

hey Peiter

do you saw any Continental that day? CO always uses 762 or 764 in IAH-AMS route. :D I never been to AMS but my dad went there every month. He used to fly to Luanda via AMS. but this month, on 6th of Feb, he will fly to LHR but will fly throught AMS a month later.

Azuddin

Yes, bro, CO operates 2 Boeing 767-400's from AMS: 1 flight to EWR and the other to IAH...

you mean these two ?

this one is on her way to EWR last sunday, 29jan06:

IPB Image

and.......this one is on her way to IAH 5 minutes behind the first one ;)

IPB Image

Pieter, fantastic work mate!

Top of the must do list:

Amsterdam and Zurich!

You're always welcome, Gibby: drop me a line or PM me, when more definite ;)

Hey Pieter!

have you been @ AMS last Sunday if I'm right? It was great weather over the weekend, so I've bumped in for a hour or so just to catch this 'Turkish delight' arriving from Istanbul as TK1951 (TC-JNA)!

See you next week and you can show me your Nikon in DUBLIN B) Now hoping for some sunshine over the Irish green fields ;)

IPB Image

Hope you like this TK A330 guys!

Eric

Nice one...

Can anyone tell me what sort of gray drawings/logo or something on the fuselage?

TK,

that's a kind of flower, I think a Tulip. I'm not sure about the correct meaning of it, but it looks like a Tulip actually <_<

Eric

TK,

that's a kind of flower, I think a Tulip. I'm not sure about the correct meaning of it, but it looks like a Tulip actually <_>

Eric

Eric, TK,

It's indeed a grey tulip; did you know the tulip originated from Turkey ?

They decorated also a 737-800 with this tulip motiv, I've learned ;)

Nice picture, Eric...how long were you able to withstand the cold ? :o

Sign in to follow this