MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia New Aircraft Deliveries

Hmm.. maybe i've been in a cave somewhere, but yesterday at PEN, did i saw an AK, probably a new one, with yellow/orange and black Proton livery?

Yeah. That must be it... man, that's green? I thought it was black.... :wacko: maybe because the lack of sun and facing the shadow side when it was rotating, plus i was driving...

Thanks guys... :)

I saw after just landing yesterday night, new livery one of aircraft AirAsia X. Livery on aircraft painted such as KL city panorama view motif. Simple but nice. I'm not sure what the rego number.

If it is a new aircraft, it should be 9M-XXH (cn 1165). If it is an old aircraft with new paintwork, it could be 9M-XAA (since it is the oldest plane in the fleet) as it carries the standard AK livery. D7 is now going "independent" and this new livery may be another measure to establish a separate identity for D7.

Update: If you check out this thread, Azizul has confirmed that the rego is of the first D7 plane, 9M-XAA: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14945&st=0&gopid=264909entry264909

If it is a new aircraft, it should be 9M-XXH (cn 1165). If it is an old aircraft with new paintwork, it could be 9M-XAA (since it is the oldest plane in the fleet) as it carries the standard AK livery. D7 is now going "independent" and this new livery may be another measure to establish a separate identity for D7.

Update: If you check out this thread, Azizul has confirmed that the rego is of the first D7 plane, 9M-XAA: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14945&st=0&gopid=264909entry264909

Thanks flee, yup this aircraft what i mean and saw yersterday.

I find this surprising news.

9M-XAA (c/n 54) of Air Asia X lsd to Bahrain Air operate for Al-Lama group (Iraq)

in the Hajj Thread 2010 in A.Net. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4952397/

So, the new coat of paint is going to serve as a flying billboard in the Middle East region during hajj then. It also reveals the worrying fact that D7 is now has excess of aircraft.

Yes, that is why they are campaigning so hard for their SYD and JED rights. XAA still has the old non reclining sliding seats and will go in for refitting after this lease is completed.

Edited by flee

But I also think from the financial aspect of it, the incoming revenue from the lease of 9M-XAA to Bahrain Air is more than the lease rate D7 is paying out to AWAS for the mentioned period and hence, this short term leasing exercise itself is generating profit for D7. Rather than leaving it idles on the ground or being low utilised, better lease it out for more money.

Yes, they need the money to pay for the new seats!

The whole of AirAsia Group is now aggressively pursuing good yields and say that this is a matter of survival. They will not fly a plane if it is not going to make money.

That explains why many flights are cancelled/consolidated at the last minute. This annoys pax and they have to be careful to manage the situation carefully. If too much bad feeling is generated, they will find that pax will dessert them. Pax will only travel with them if they win most of the time...

I find this surprising news.

in the Hajj Thread 2010 in A.Net. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4952397/

So, the new coat of paint is going to serve as a flying billboard in the Middle East region during hajj then. It also reveals the worrying fact that D7 is now has excess of aircraft.

On the 10th, we (me and Hon Kit) was waiting for its ferry flight to JED via HDY but got delayed and only departed 0020LT (11th). Crew is also from D7. It is not that it has excess of aircrafts, just that they don't seem to have sufficient parking bays. Better to max out what you have rather than to have 3-4 a/cs sleeping long layovers in KUL and providing no parking bays to the operating a/cs of AK & D7. :drinks:

On the 10th, we (me and Hon Kit) was waiting for its ferry flight to JED via HDY but got delayed and only departed 0020LT (11th). Crew is also from D7. It is not that it has excess of aircrafts, just that they don't seem to have sufficient parking bays. Better to max out what you have rather than to have 3-4 a/cs sleeping long layovers in KUL and providing no parking bays to the operating a/cs of AK & D7. :drinks:

Curious routing for the ferry flight as the A333 should be able to fly KUL-BAH non stop. Were they picking up crew/supplies/fuel in HDY?

Yes, MAHB (another GLC) is causing D7 a lot of problems and should really offer a better solution to the parking problems. Next year, another three more A333s will arrive. So how are they going to accommodate them? Is D7 considering parking/storing their planes in HDY?

Parking problem?

In the early 90s MH got parking problem for their B737 in SZB. The solution? Every night there were aircraft parked in AOR, LGK, IPH, JHB, SBW, even SDK. Not to mention KCH and BKI.

Parking problem?

In the early 90s MH got parking problem for their B737 in SZB. The solution? Every night there were aircraft parked in AOR, LGK, IPH, JHB, SBW, even SDK. Not to mention KCH and BKI.

But B737's ply those routes - so it is not a major inconvenience. AK's A320's are also doing the same thing now - being parked away from LCCT at their other hubs. D7 does not fly to AUH anymore - so their plans for a virtual hub did not materialise. As such, parking is a potential problem as they now have 10 aircraft in the fleet now, 11 soon.

Parking problem?

For that very same factor Capt, KCH hub is coming back :drinks:

Parking problem?

Believe the reason 734 were parked at LGK, etc that these 734 were surplus (MH took delivery more than needed) and to avoid questioning from the then pm.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Believe the reason 734 were parked at LGK, etc that these 734 were surplus (MH took delivery more than needed) and to avoid questioning from the then pm.

:drinks:

That don't make sense, considering the then PM is a Langkawi man!

For that very same factor Capt, KCH hub is coming back :drinks:

heard this from an SFA on my MEL-KUL...also notice there is an even later flight from KUL-KCH at 2300+ with the earliest at 0600+...any words on some of the destinations which will be reinstated? How many planes based here? 2?

I suggest a 3x weekly KCH-SBW-SINvv and KCH-MYY-SINvv...

AirAsia Group has pushed a lot of its new aircraft deliveries to Thai and Indonesia AirAsia, in addition to outright postponement of this and next years' deliveries to 2013-2015. And if LCCT construction falls further behind schedule (most likely), they may have to postpone 2012 aircraft deliveries too.

So maybe you will see more AK aircraft sent to KCH and BKI next year.

But what about D7? At the last count, LCCT can accommodate a max of 3 A330 sized aircraft at any one time. They may also need to postpone their aircraft deliveries next year, especially if the new routes that they have applied for are not approved.

I just can't understand the attitude of MAHB and the govt. Here we have a private company wanting to invest and bring more tourists and other travellers to Malaysia. And guess who is frustrating their plans? Their own government and civil aviation partner! Countries like Australia, India, China, etc. welcome them with open arms because the economic impact they bring along is far greater than the amount paid for air fares.

I hope that more planes in BKI means more route i.e. BKI - ICN, BKI - HND, even BKI - PER being served by AK.

Sign in to follow this