MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
TK

SUBANG SUBang subang...

hhhhmmmmm......not easy to be a Pilot eh... blink.gif

actually...yes, It is not easy to be one!!!!

Happens today...somewhere around 16:45. 9M-EAT. sad.gif

user posted image

I got no news of what had happen...all i knew when i heard tower mentioned "airport close"....Pilots....dunno.. sad.gif

Aiyak. What made the a/c veered off the runway? blink.gif

Hope the pilot was safe

Edited by Delwin A

That is an ESB flying club aircraft. Zodiac Experimental Aircraft.....

OH MY GOSH...that is terrible...i hope the damage isnt significant...

Condition of a/c don't seem to be that serious.. nose somewhat still intact... Pilot must be able to climb out on that one.. smile.gif

You shot that TK? blink.gif

hahaha experimental... no need to file a crash report then... or do they??

What is DCA like with the experimental category over here??? In Aus, they are all Part 21 (not part 23) for airworthiness requirements, and CASA doesn't need to know bull about anything...

The pilot is safe. No worries. phew!! For your information, it doesnt matter whether its an experimental aircraft or not, its still an aircraft.

Let the report out first before making any conclusions yea....

No conclusions have been made, just stating that experimental aircraft fall under a completely different category in most countries.

An incident like this one however at an important airport like Subang is another story. Glad to hear the pilot is safe!

it could happen in any place or airport for your information. Doesnt mean SZB only reserved for important flights.

FYI, SZB is turning into a major General Aviation hub in the region. Hopefully by then we shall see more activities.

Edited by Phoon Chee Yuen

hahaha experimental... no need to file a crash report then... or do they??

What is DCA like with the experimental category over here??? In Aus, they are all Part 21 (not part 23) for airworthiness requirements, and CASA doesn't need to know bull about anything...

26901[/snapback]

You still have to... huh.gif

ESB is very popular with young student pilots. The Zodiac runs on MOGAS (your premium car fuel) which is much cheaper than AVGAS. Somehow I have never liked the "feel" of that aircraft.

No prizes for guessing who told you that!

The Experimental Aircraft (EA) category only applies to the licensing of the aircraft, not of the pilot. He still has to report the incident.

In the old days EA's can be home-built as long as at least 50% of the construction is carried out by the owner-pilot. Maintenance can be carried out by the owner-pilot provided he satisfies the DCA that he is technically capable of carrying out the work.

I'm not able to confirm whether ESB's aircraft are EA's or licensed under another category because they are being used for flying training. Could EAT stand for Experimental Aircraft Trainer?

If u guys wanna comfirm it here i have the picture of ESB flying club air craft picture...

IPB Image

IPB Image

the colour of the air craft that crashed is the same colour as the ESB flying club air craft..hmmph so what u guys think about this incident??haha

EchoAlphaTanggo belongs to ESB

BUT why some people got the "Haha" inside their statements ??:blink: :huh: :huh: :angry:

Its a training aircraft

& statistically... training aircraft has more "chances" of meeting "incidents and accidents"

BUT why some people got the "Haha" inside their statements ??:blink: :huh: :huh: :angry:

Maybe, because of her design-style and wooden prop ???

I think Norman And Imran Have Capture That Aircraft Pic Went they go visit ESB Hanger Last time... :p

I think Norman And Imran Have Capture That Aircraft Pic Went they go visit ESB Hanger Last time... :p

Hehe...i also gave norman a little heart attack by jumping into an aircraft....but he dragged me out... :( :( :(

The pic shown by Benjamin Ng is 9M-EAS

The one shown by TK could be EAT;

(too far but could make up the livery..)

IPB Image

Anyway... unconfirmed news report mentioned about the student-pilot was doing his first solo

when he landed off-center and veered off runway (strong gust/cross-wind??)

My apologies Norman, the "haha" is not with reference to this incident, nor to what happend.. I was just jokingly referring to the infamous 'experimental' category that is so dubious around the world with respect to airworthiness and incidents...

I was also reminded of another incident regarding an experimental homebuilt in Perth, where the aircraft belonged to a friend of mine (and a former Teacher of Liams, hence his reply)... This incident was much more serious, and the two pilots were extremely lucky to escape with their lives.. however, the local aviation authorities are only informed in such an incident if there were fatalities... the aircraft was badly damaged and the wreck sold and is now being rebuilt by some other enthusiasts...

The danger and risk is far more severe for experimental category aircraft, as many will testify.. I apologise if I have offended anyone here, it was not intended.

Guys,

Pilot error la(englishman Ross Gobert),6'5" height and had to remove seat and backrest+can't even fit into Eagle aircraft.

1st Solo + Crosswind+Panic=Grass slope and Toing+Prop Strike.

Aircraft still on ground but during Rotate.

Sign in to follow this