MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Ho

KLIA improvement

Went to KLIA sending off my sis to AUS last night (TK were u flying that sector?)

Suprising to noticed that improvement work on the car park is now in progress. they have now:

1. re-erected the signboard at the entrace of parking block B

2. light up block A at night

3. new chip coin vending machine

4. complete set of parking lot vacancy notification system for each floor

Work is still in progress, I think they need to repaint the parking lot too...

However there is also changes in parking fee. For first hour it is RM 3.50 now (instead of 3), second hour is RM 3.00, then RM2.00 for 3rd I think.... cant recall.

Good to see that they are working on the car park which is in dire need to do so. I did not go to block C so I am not sure if the same thing is there.... but I should think it is.

Anyone to add?

Ben-G

We should write that "they should build a dedicated spotter only building at approved (by MW.com) location."

Ben-G

26810[/snapback]

100% agree. this will make it legal, and i don't have to run off from cops or security anymore biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . i'm tired of running

Azuddin

We should write that "they should build a dedicated spotter only building at approved (by MW.com) location."

Ben-G

26810[/snapback]

Will they approve the suggestion?

26841[/snapback]

If the Director General of DCA...and the C.E.O of MAHB are converted into spotters...then get ready for the obs hill to open up! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Great idea! Then KLIA will be the heaven of spotters biggrin.gif

26876[/snapback]

It certainly will be if we get more traffic and airlines flying into KUL. tongue.gif

It certainly will be if we get more traffic and airlines flying into KUL.  tongue.gif

26909[/snapback]

How the current frequency? Low?

Not too bad if you love MH and AK 737's

26923[/snapback]

True. Also, you get :-

SIA

THAI

GARUDA

LION

THAI AK

INDON AK

LUFTHANSA

AUSTRIAN

UZBEK

KLM

QATAR

EMIRATES

GULF

INDIAN

AIR INDIA

JET

BIMAN

PIA

SRILANKAN

MYANMA

VIETNAM

THAI SKY

AIR MAURITIUS

AIR NEPAL

ROYAL NEPAL

IRAN

JAL

CATHAY

CAL

AIR CHINA

CHINA SOUTHERN

CHINA EASTERN

KOREAN

YEMENIA

SAUDIA

MERPATI

RIAU

SHENZEN

HAINAN

PAL (not anymore)

and many more.....

tongue.gif

You may spot all this airlines if you stay all day long, but here if you want to see international flight, it is around 3-??, that time you can see Mexicana, Lufthansa, KLM, aeromexico, air canada, etc along with CO international flights filling the airspace......

Looking forward to spot at KUL in near future smile.gif

26841[/snapback]

If you NEVER try, you'll never know, will you ???

At Amsterdam airport, two spotter's locations were opened in consultation with resident-spotters, and a 3rd, along 36L/18R is being negotiated upon with...

But, you've to set-up a meeting with both the airport and airport-police and get their trust...if you won't even be able to do that, than it's a lost case....so,

try and send a letter to the KLIA CEO and highest ranking police-officer with arguments, etc. and see what/how their reaction will be...you, at least, know the best location(s), so ask these to them...

would be a great achievement for you guys, if it will be realized in the end !!!

from a security point of view: it's better to have people centralized at one location (with camera supervision if need be), than scattered all around the airport...

Just how do you think spotters will contribute to KLIA Co. commercially and economically? We are talking about commercial viability here, who's going to pay for it? I wouldn't expect KLIA to even entertain your thoughts on this one.

FYI,

I flew MH123 KUL-SYD on Tuesday night, and I must say that I am impressed and my hope for klia is still very much alive after seeing what work has been done!

All monitors are being progressively changed to LCD Panels provided by Samsung! Check-in counters have already been changed on some islands!! The FIDS screens are also due to be overhauled with LCD screens.. The clarity is magnificent!

Secondly, Pax can enjoy FREE broadband services in the Satellite building!! There are a number of central colums that have been decorated very well by Samsung and decked out with Samsung peripherals :) $ computers per station and I believe there is one in each wing except the aerotrain wing. I did note that BKs very expensive net service was empty, with no one using!

A 24 hour noodle bar has opened upstairs near the entrance to the Golden Lounge and it was PACKED! didn't try the food, but this is what KLIA really needs!! Open a sushi bar and a local-delights place and bobs-your uncle! :)

Maybe they did read the letter after all?

Wow, everything is samsung! :blink:

Overall, very good improvement. They need to put more entertainment at satelite building etc. thou, for transit passenger, don't you think so?

Wow, everything is samsung! :blink:

Overall, very good improvement. They need to put more entertainment at satelite building etc. thou, for transit passenger, don't you think so?

I agree with that, satelite building seems so quiet. spotting are at setelite building would be good :D , do it like Frankfurt style.

i do agree on that.

spending 5 hours in KLIA is much of a torrid time for travellers comparing to Changi.

You can literally do anything there!

KLIA is getting better now though, with free Wireless etc, and more choices for food aswell, can only get better for transitting passengers.

The new LCD Flight Display Screens are also so much better than the older TV screens, the format of the information is also bringing it up to par with changi etc

Thou they need to put some more entertainment, like TV, computer(may be they already did), for small kid entertainment because most people travel with kid must be tired, and during transit time, the kids may get restless..........with some entertainment for the kids, it helps them a lot :)

Thou they need to put some more entertainment, like TV, computer(may be they already did), for small kid entertainment because most people travel with kid must be tired, and during transit time, the kids may get restless..........with some entertainment for the kids, it helps them a lot :)

i'm very agree. the airport inside is very quiet, apart of people talking and announcement. need more entertainment, of course not loud rock or hip hop music, those aren't entertainment.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this