MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sing Yew

SQ To Increase Capacity

Singapore Airlines To Increase Capacity For Northern Summer Schedule

11 January 2006

Singapore Airlines plans to increase capacity on some existing routes when the Northern Summer schedule comes into effect on 26 March 2006.  The schedule offers more frequencies to several cities in the carrier’s global network and will improve the connection options for its passengers travelling to Australia and North Asia.

The Airline will fly daily to the South Australian city of Adelaide, up from the current five a  week services.

An additional daily frequency will be added to Taipei; with this increase, the Taiwanese city will be served three times daily.  Three more weekly frequencies will be operated to Guangzhou and Hong Kong bringing the total number of weekly services to these two destinations to 10 and 38 respectively.

In South East Asia, the Airline will add another frequency to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, resulting in 13 weekly flights. Frequency to the Malaysian city of Penang will be increased to triple daily, from the existing 18 flights per week.

Frequency to Athens will be increased from two to three times weekly for the summer season.

Among new routes, Singapore Airlines announced recently that it will commence its three times weekly services to Karachi and Lahore in Pakistan from 1 February and launch a thrice-weekly service to the Russian capital Moscow on 1 March 2006, and thrice-weekly services to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates also on 1 March 2006.

With these increases, Singapore Airlines will operate more than 680 flights a week across its global network and its passenger network covers 62 cities in 34 countries.

Annexe I

Link

ADL gets a daily service finally. Wonders when MH will do so.

when they find the money they need lor smile.gif

24900[/snapback]

That's a billion dollar question. Hopefully Idris Jala comes out with a feasible turnaround plan and has the authority to do so.

I thought they were saying the building can get RM1.0 billion, but some sources tell me they are looking more so at RM0.8 billion.. I hope things work out lah... C'mon MAS! TIME TO FLY!

ADL gets daily and CAN gets 10x ? SQ used to fly a few times a week to CAN last year or the year before and now increasing it to 10 ? WHere is MAS ?

Can you see MAS anywhere ? Hello, anyone ??

tongue.gif

ADL gets daily and CAN gets 10x ? SQ used to fly a few times a week to CAN last year or the year before and now increasing it to 10 ? WHere is MAS ?

Can you see MAS anywhere ? Hello, anyone ??

tongue.gif

24973[/snapback]

MAS also fly 10x to Guangzhou. 7x direct from KUL and 3x from KCH via BKI.

I thought they were saying the building can get RM1.0 billion, but some sources tell me they are looking more so at RM0.8 billion.. I hope things work out lah... C'mon MAS! TIME TO FLY!

24945[/snapback]

100 over million saja.. ie the main MAS building.. pLus Plus d overseas assets.. maybe can reach 1B, however Idris Jala is doin it right imho. because its apropriate to scale down and stich closer all the departments, utilizing KLIA.. Ol building can be given to goverment..

did u knw tat d Main MAS building has been a major FengShui turn off.. however its not d chinese pov but it came from an ancient Indian version of 'feng shiu'.. its to be said that the building blocks off energy and staffs will have an issue wif the management side. The story is in the star, Today!

dry.gif y not if SIA and MAS coop?

100 over million saja.. ie the main MAS building.. pLus Plus d overseas assets.. maybe can reach 1B, however Idris Jala is doin it right imho. because its apropriate to scale down and stich closer all the departments, utilizing KLIA.. Ol building can be given to goverment..

dry.gif  y not if SIA and MAS coop?

25070[/snapback]

SIA and MAS co-operating is not feasible as the two are competitors.. ultimately, MAS or SIA will be on the bottom end... one has to suffer.. at the moment and for the last 10 years or so, it's been MAS at the bottom.. this has to change!

Is SQ doing well on the Pen-Sin route???

3 flights a day..Wow..

SIN-PEN does quite well I believe! MAS only use a 734 on the route, so apparantly, many Malaysians and Singaporeans alike prefer to use SQ with the onboard games and what-not.. not to mention additional comfort in the seats..

JHB-PEN is very up and coming by AirAsia.. This one is purely cost basis! Singaporeans enjoy free parking or reduced fee parking at Senai's long-term car park! AXM is really promoting JHB well, and it's a testament to the hopes and dreams of Senai Airport Terminal Services, the ONLY major Malaysian destination not run by MAHB.

I just saw on the MH website that the KUL-ADL-KUL route will be upgraded to a B744 from March 2006. Maybe they heard our nagging and decided to upgrade ?

tongue.gif huh.gif

I just saw on the MH website that the KUL-ADL-KUL route will be upgraded to a B744 from March 2006. Maybe they heard our nagging and decided to upgrade ?

tongue.gif  huh.gif

25531[/snapback]

Really ?

But then people would prefer more flights as compared to more seats per flight. SQ would offer travellers a better choice with daily flights as compared to MH's 4x weekly.

Besides, B744 isn't as comfortable as the B777. As what Azahan said before, the triple 7 is simply fabulous.

Edited by Sing Yew

With all these increase in capacity, it means a few things to my life.

Less long stay in certain nightstops. ADL use to be a five day pattern with two rest days there, nice enough to rent a car to go sightseeing. photography and strawberry picking. Now it reverts to usual Australian stops. Minimum 24 hour stop.

More turnarounds with CAN increased capacity. CAN is one of the dreaded patterns because of its long day. 8 hours flight time to and fro. Plus transit time of 1 hour. And add two hours to before departure.

With the arrival of the B777-300ER in September and some manpower movements to the new A380 fleet end of Nov, we are going to be quite maxed out on all fleets. Better quickly plan my leave now.

SIN-PEN vv is a hot sector. In fact SQ is planning to increase capacity over the CNY. Maybe spotters will get a chance with a 747-400? Schedule for SIN-PEN are

SQ191/192 Departing SIN 0805LT

SQ196/195 Departing SIN 1545LT

SQ197/198 Departing SIN 1845LT

Arrivals into PEN are 1 Hour 25 Minutes later on the schedule departure. As usual spotters, expect on time touchdown RWY 04/22 approximately 10 minutes before schedule arrival time. Returning sector leaves approximately 1 Hour after that.

LeeCH

With all these increase in capacity, it means a few things to my life.

Less long stay in certain nightstops. ADL use to be a five day pattern with two rest days there, nice enough to rent a car to go sightseeing. photography and strawberry picking. Now it reverts to usual Australian stops. Minimum 24 hour stop.

More turnarounds with CAN increased capacity. CAN is one of the dreaded patterns because of its long day. 8 hours flight time to and fro. Plus transit time of 1 hour. And add two hours to before departure.

With the arrival of the B777-300ER in September and some manpower movements to the new A380 fleet end of Nov, we are going to be quite maxed out on all fleets. Better quickly plan my leave now.

SIN-PEN vv is a hot sector. In fact SQ is planning to increase capacity over the CNY. Maybe spotters will get a chance with a 747-400? Schedule for SIN-PEN are

Arrivals into PEN are 1 Hour 25 Minutes later on the schedule departure. As usual spotters, expect on time touchdown RWY 04/22 approximately 10 minutes before schedule arrival time. Returning sector leaves approximately 1 Hour after that.

LeeCH

25539[/snapback]

Well then you could perhaps hope that you will be rostered into ADL at least once before the daily service commences.

LeeCH

25539[/snapback]

Leech..do u get any of it? since u did fy into Penang for a long time

and this schedule will start from now or any date?

Edited by Min Chun

25539[/snapback]

Mmm, apparently the WHY and J cabins on the 773ER are going to be identical to the ones on the A380, perhaps with slightly less legroom. This is due to the delayed arrival of the latter. Any insider info on what they're going to look like, Lee? tongue.gif Unfortunately F is going to remain the same as the current F to maintain an element of surprise when SQ reveals its A380 interiors.

All the increased capacity are for the dates effective March 06 ending on October 06 when the winter blocks come in.

Yes, have not seen a PEN since June last year. Really looking forward to a PEN turn. I was in ADL about two months back. We rarely get ADL even with increased frequency. Usually PER and BNE appears on my roster every other month. I do not mind PER as they are plenty of nice food around. BNE very boring indeed. Then again its only my personal choice.

As for the interior of the A380 and the B773 ER we are clueless as well. Only select people in the airline knows about it and they have to sign Non Disclosure Agreement. What can we do?.......Just be patient.

Postings shall resume back to normal by tomorrow. Regards,

LeeCH

All the increased capacity are for the dates effective March 06 ending on October 06 when the winter blocks come in.

Yes, have not seen a PEN since June last year. Really looking forward to a PEN turn. I was in ADL about two months back. We rarely get ADL even with increased frequency. Usually PER and BNE appears on my roster every other month. I do not mind PER as they are plenty of nice food around. BNE very boring indeed. Then again its only my personal choice.

As for the interior of the A380 and the B773 ER we are clueless as well. Only select people in the airline knows about it and they have to sign Non Disclosure Agreement. What can we do?.......Just be patient.

LeeCH

25647[/snapback]

Ahh.....so you were here 2 mths ago, too bad didn't know you back then or else would have showed you around. Well there's always next time.

LeeCH

25647[/snapback]

Oh well, you know what to do when you get MEL. biggrin.gif

Flight SQ590 operated by B773 is schedule to arrive PEN around 2055 tonight.

This is a special CNY flight.

Do KUL also get some additional CNY flight?

SIA to increase flights to 8 cities

SINGAPORE, Dec 17 — In a sign that Singapore Airlines (SIA) is expecting less turbulence ahead, it has made its most significant increase in flight capacity since the global financial crisis struck.

Over the next six months, the airline is progressively increasing flights to eight cities.

These destinations are Newark, Manchester, Dhaka, Mumbai, Colombo, Seoul, Delhi and Houston via Moscow, where services are increasing from one to four flights a week.

SIA will also begin flying to Munich five times a week in March and 14 times weekly to Tokyo’s Haneda airport.

Though these changes do not increase capacity to pre-crisis levels, it is the most significant addition to SIA’s services in this current financial year.

Reeling from the economic slowdown, SIA had cut capacity by 11 per cent and grounded at least 17 planes in the past 12 months.

At the height of the crisis, employees were asked to take no-pay leave, retire early, work fewer days and take a pay cut.

But since October, the industry has seen signs of a comeback.

Last week, SIA said it will resume daily direct services to New York on its all-business-class Airbus 345 aircraft next month.

The airline had cut the frequency in February to five times a week due to a plunge in demand brought on by the collapse of the global economy.

But it is not all clear skies ahead yet.

SIA said yesterday that while positive signs of a recovery in demand continue to be seen, operating conditions remain challenging, and yields, in particular, remain under pressure.

The airline also faces pressure from low-cost carriers, which fly to some of the same regional destinations such as Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City.

From next month, SIA, which flies 54 times a week to Kuala Lumpur, will pass seven weekly flights to sister carrier SilkAir.

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City will be trimmed from 18 a week to 14. And due to poor performance, flights to Nanjing will be suspended from March 30, and those to Karachi via Lahore will stop from Feb 20.

Globally, passenger traffic is expected to grow by 4.5 per cent next year following a 4.1 per cent decline this year, according to statistics by the International Air Transport Association. — The Straits Times

What go down will come up. Time to grow! :clapping:

:drinks:

So Munich in; Nanjing, Karachi and Lahore out. PEN was out earlier on.

Interesting to note that the Munich flight will continue on to Manchester using B77W and from the A.Net discussion it was suggested that the flight can carry passengers between MUC and MAN. No other SQ's intra Europe flight has this advantage (the MXP-BCN vv sector).

Other new speculation is that SQ may add Madrid and Sao Paulo into their network, but I guess we shall see later on in 2010.

Sign in to follow this