MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

The planned suspension of KUL-CCU is reversed off.

Tony Fernandes

Thanks to the many twitters I got airaisa is keeping calcutta kuala lumpur. Also in china many follow kathleen tan and she listens. The airline that listens. Power to the people. We not perfect but we try hard.

11 minutes ago ·

its awesome that tony has based (or reversed) quite a few of his decisions lately on twitter pressure. shows the true power of social media.

either that or he's actually BS-ing all of us lah.

Don't think he is BSing. LCCT has already reached its capacity and one of the ways he can increase profit is to achieve better yields with the existing capacity.

After building up a network of 139 routes among its 75 destinations, the Malaysian low-cost carrier is pulling planes off routes longer than 3 1/2 hours to take advantage of fast- growing demand for short-haul travel.

“If you take a plane to Hyderabad, it’s four hours there, four hours back and you lose that plane for the whole day,” Fernandes said. “If I take that route out I can do another three flights to Singapore and the return is much better.”

Perhaps AK was trying to pull the plane that is used for the Kolkata route so that it can be deployed on another more profitable route.

Effectively only positive feedbacks will stay on the wall?

MH Deals by Malaysia Airlines

We'd like to reiterate our strict policy on NOT accepting posts with obscenity / offensive content and foul language. While we welcome all feedback and comments, we will not hesitate to delete any posts / feedback / enquiry that contains offensive content. Please abide by this rule and respect others if you do not wish to have your post / enquiry deleted. Thanks.

59 minutes ago

Effectively only positive feedbacks will stay on the wall?

don't be captain literal ler...id imagine theres a difference between positive or negative feedback vs plain offensive content.

for instance...."can you replace the orange juice please? the pulps are making me constipate" would probably survive the moderator's cut.

but "f#$k !@#$@ airlines serve drink on f!$!ing hand and not use tray !#$!$ wtf do you think crossin my way?" would probably be deemed offensive.

RT: @tonyfernandes: Wonder how airlines named after insects and animals are dealing with 125 dollar oil. May never know as some never announce their results. Wonder how analysts allow them to get away with it.

http://tmi.me/705sY

RT: @tonyfernandes: Wonder how airlines named after insects and animals are dealing with 125 dollar oil.

I hope those insects and animals will not follow the airline named after a continent: secretly increase various fees to cope with the increase in oil price.

RT: @tonyfernandes: Wonder how airlines named after insects and animals are dealing with 125 dollar oil. May never know as some never announce their results. Wonder how analysts allow them to get away with it.

I'm getting tired of thinly-veiled insults by TF and his band of brothers...

FY is part of MH so basically their numbers are sitting somewhere in MH's group financial statement, which does not escape the analysts. FY is being mentioned whenever there is a new report concerning MH by investment houses/banks. Uncle Tony shouldn't say the last sentence because analysts are not law enforcers and that their job is just to give guidance about one particular stock to fellow or prospective shareholders - whether to buy, sell or hold.

But of course, to be able to view FY's figures would be great. The only way this could happen is for MH to make FY public by listing the airline on Bursa Malaysia. Then it can't escape the analysts LOL.

The same can be said about AirAsia X, can't it? They don't publish their numbers either. So until the IPO, they are in the same boat as Firefly. I think this shows TF's frustrations with analysts more than with FY.

In some ways, he is correct - the analysts are still not able to correctly value LCC operations. That is why the stock market is always "surprised" by their "better than anticipated" results. If the analysts knew how to correctly value them, then the results will not look so spectacular. :)

The same can be said about AirAsia X, can't it? They don't publish their numbers either. So until the IPO, they are in the same boat as Firefly. I think this shows TF's frustrations with analysts more than with FY.

But I think the weightage is different in MH and AK's respective case. This is because FY is 100% owned by MH, while D7 is only 16% owned by AK. FY is a fully owned subsidiary, while D7 is just an associate company.

Uncle Tony on their slow responsive website during the current sale.

Tony Fernandes

Sales are at record levels today. Again we apologize. Navitaire owned by accentrue manages our system has not been able to cope. They said they could. Volume is huge. There have been 4 jams today.

20 minutes ago

But I think the weightage is different in MH and AK's respective case. This is because FY is 100% owned by MH, while D7 is only 16% owned by AK. FY is a fully owned subsidiary, while D7 is just an associate company.

Correct - they only treat D7 as an investment.

TF is also frustrated with many more snide remarks from all quarters about the AirAsia Group. So I guess he is entitled to take a swipe at MH and others if opportunities are presented to him. No one said that business and the corporate world is clean... :)

There are people who insult others to make self look great... (or something along these lines). I remember these words of the late Yasmin Ahmad all the time to check myself whenever I am frustrated. Though not always successful :p

Edited by V Wong

What a tasteless comment by TF. Exactly what FY and Eddy wanted, and he walked straight into it. Next he'll be calling EL and TA names. I remember Azran mocking TA after a radio interview in which TA revealed his fav songs.

Birds of a feather do flock together.

Follow up tweet in response to those who criticised him:

not at all. Just want more transparency.

Is it just me or most M'Wingers have something against TF and AK though I gotta admit that TF can go overboard at times. He's probably trying to follow in Sir Richard Branson's outspoken approach.

He's trying to follow Michael O'Leary's approach to media and publicity. but unfortunately he lacks the balls that MOL possess in the follow-thru. TF has acted all gung ho only to reverse it a few days later or to suddenly become silent.

MOL have no intention of being a national hero..he just wants to sell seats hence he'll f**k everyone who stands in the way. TF on the other hand, wants to be both the jerkoff and the hero, which does not work. Makes him look stupid or childish sometimes really.

I wouldve enjoyed MOL type of banter and character here.

Is it just me or most M'Wingers have something against TF and AK though I gotta admit that TF can go overboard at times. He's probably trying to follow in Sir Richard Branson's outspoken approach.

I don't think he is consciously trying to emulate anyone. It is just that when you do business in Malaysia, it is never far from political intervention and interference. So he has to struggle through that. Sometimes his frustrations show through - that is only human. How long can you stay in a pressure cooker without exploding?

Uncle Tony on their slow responsive website during the current sale.

Not sure its the right thing to do to just blame the vendor.

Not sure its the right thing to do to just blame the vendor.

TF always blamed other parties when something didn't working properly as TF expected same as what happening on aircraft skidded at KCH last time.

Can I say, TF team didn't do some research and evaluation before hiring the vendor for them either good or not for last result? Now, easy to point finger to other parties?

TF always blamed other parties when something didn't working properly as TF expected same as what happening on aircraft skidded at KCH last time.

Can I say, TF team didn't do some research and evaluation before hiring the vendor for them either good or not for last result? Now, easy to point finger to other parties?

If I took TF's approach in my field I'd only last a few minutes.

I wonder what testing strategy they employed and what their risk mitigation they had etc etc