MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Wo! My bet is that they are going to lash out about the delay in the construction of the permanent LCCT. And some other unexpected revelation of what suppose to be confidential LOL.

Specifically on Malaysian airports ?

Quite possibly a rant on (supposed) forced relocation from BKI T2 to T1 soon too

New from Uncle Tony.

Tony Fernandes

Morning everyone. Overall great weekend. About to do a speech for HP. New routes from airasia about to be announced.

Thanks to Azizul and Flee, this thread got lost for me for a while :D

Anyway, wanted to ask you guys to follow www.twitter.com/tengkuazmil

He has answered a few questions of mine regarding alliance and 77W, so he responds. Just make sure you guys don't flood him too much questions or he'll get tired of it!

D7 is having a new contest!

Azran Osman-Rani

Korean trivia- good luck! http://blog.airasia.com/index.php/the-korea-secret-box-challenge

2 hours ago · Comment · Like

Wanna know the prize?

PRIZE:

1 X GRAND PRIZE

• ONE (1) round trip on AirAsia X Premium Seats to Seoul, South Korea from Kuala Lumpur

2 X SECOND PRIZE

• ONE (1) round trip on AirAsia X Economy Seats to Seoul, South Korea from Kuala Lumpur

Contest Period:

Start: 11:01hrs (GMT+8:00) , 26 July 2010

Close: 23:59hrs (GMT+8:00) , 31 July 2010

Not really an airline CEO's shoutout, but this looks promising!

KAMARUDIN MERANUN South of France...one day everyone can fly to South of France and that day may be soon but in the meantime, fly via Paris Orly starting next year and celebrate Valentine in City of Love

So the plan to Paris and Nice is indeed becoming a reality. Just checked, Orly at the moment does not have any connection to the Far East. That's a potentially huge market for D7 to nurture at the airport, especially for traffic between Europe and Australia.

And check from the BFM interview, on the by Tony heard from Azran that Paris might be on valentines next year. Interesting!

Azran announced Seoul!

38895_436209893544_639133544_4731736_3075114_n.jpg

Azran Osman-Rani

We're opening for sale flights to Seoul. Bookings start midnight, 4 August. First flight 1 Nov - daily service. Fares from RM99 nett or KRW60,000 nett. Hallyu power!

10 hours ago · Comment · Like

D7 is hiring cabin crew.

Azran Osman-Rani

Looks like AirAsia X will have to supplement our cabin crew strength with external hires - as the number of cabin crew to be transferred from AirAsia is less than what we need. Besides experienced crew, we're also taking onboard new crew

4 hours ago · Comment · Like

D7 is hiring cabin crew.

AK and D7 have started splitting the manpower already. Priority was given to internal staff in AK to move on to D7. You can definitely expect many other posts being offered too, good chance for freshies to start a new career. Just keep browsing the website every now and then and you never know when your lucky day would come :drinks:

Here is hoping our friend Adrian will now get his chance to do what he wants to do (well, what he wanted to do at the very least anyway) ! :)

Not quite Facebook, but this is from Tony Fernandes' Blog:

So close but still so far

I'm sitting in my car park listening to a CD by the two of the greatest musicians in our time - Carol King and James Taylor. Don't want to leave such a great CD.

"So Far Away" is one of the greatest songs ever written. Funny how songs can accurately reflect your mood because this is how I feel right now about settling disputes with MAS.

We just want to fly where we want but they spend all their time trying to stop us. Kinda sad that such a great company is so focused on stopping a fellow Malaysian company from growing.

Actually I have no dispute with Malaysia we just want to fly.

Is the sky only for MAS?

Is the high street only for CIMB? No, it’s not.

Is the mobile phone service only for Celcom? No it’s not.

Saudi Arabian government has just given Malaysia 28 flights a week to Jeddah but because MAS objects to us flying there, lower income folks who could get a low fare still can't go. We will survive because we have such innovative people in the company.

But I feel for people who could go to Mecca (via Jeddah) more often with our low fares. How different it is in Indonesia, where both Gardua and low-cost carrier Lion Air fly to Jeddah.

As a Malaysian I want MAS to be the best in the class just like I want the same for CIMB, Petronas, and Celcom. And when you see SIA and Cathay and Garuda doing so well it is a shame that MAS’ only ideas are to stop AirAsia growing.

Good job for the article. As a Muslim I think if D7 is allowed to fly to Jeddah, so, so many people who previously could not afford to go to Makkah would probably have the opportunity to do so.

Hopefully a solution that'll benefit every party could soon be found.

By the way, this thread needs to be renamed.

And if you guys did not know yet, you can basically ask any question on Twitter for MAS boss Tengku Azmil, and he'll get back to you. I think that's pretty cool.

www.twitter.com/tengkuazmil

He's able to do so because he has just about ~360 followers whereas Tony and Azran have thousands, so they seldom read what you write them, I guess.

More details on D7 flight and cabin crew recruitment.

Azran Osman-Rani

Thanks for your interest in applying for Pilot and Cabin Crew positions with AirAsia X. We are considering those without prior flight attendant experience, as long as you have a great attitude and personality. Come for walk-in interviews at Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur 25 September 2010 at 9am. First Officers require a minimum of 2000 flying hours.

12 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike

FY's walk-in-interview.

Firefly Airlines

Grab the chance to be part of Firefly family! We're having a walk-in interview for Ground Operations Officers at Impiana KLCC Hotel this Saturday 4th Sept 2010. Registration opens from 0830am to 1130am. Please bring along your resume, copies of certificate and one full-size photograph. See you there!

10 hours ago · Comment · Like

Azran says...

Azran Osman-Rani

Linkin Park's 'A Thousand Suns' is truly inspirational. Signature Chester and Mike, yet they've reinvented their music. That's how I want to run AirAsia X: continually pushing the envelope and smashing barriers!

49 minutes ago via Mobile Web · Comment · Like

Azran = Linkin Park? Macam tak kena je LOL. I think Azran = Michael Buble's Hollywood. Baru ngam.

Now at least we know that whenever D7 launches an attack against MH, the background music would be something that contains Chester Bennington screaming his throat out while Mike Shinoda rapping his nu metal-ogy.

Tony Fernandes Tweeting:

As for brazil we definately going to fly there. As to when I don't know. Depends on planes. Football on copacabana. Wow.

Has anyone try this?

Azran Osman-Rani

Would you like to earn a chance to upgrade to our Premium seats for a great rate? http://www.airasia.com/my/en/upgradetraveloption.html

Upgrade Travel Option (UTo)

Introducing Optiontown, the new choice for upgrading your Economy seats to Premium!

By using Optiontown, you’ll save up to 75% as compared to the regular AirAsia Premium fare.

To upgrade to Premium using Optiontown, follow these simple steps:

• Book your AirAsia Economy seat
  • Go to www.optiontown.com
  • Enter your booking number, last name and email address to retrieve your booking
  • Select the seat you want to upgrade
  • Pay a small sign-up fee (approx. RM15) and an additional nominal Upgrade fee** (remember, you’ll save up to 75% as compared to the regular AirAsia Premium fare!)
  • You will receive an email prior to your departure notifying you if your upgrade is successful. In the event that your selected flight has not been upgraded, the upgrade fee will be automatically refunded to you

Other airlines that join this interesting program are SAS, Malev, Blue1, Air Baltic and Kingfisher.