MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Yoong

Korean Air New 777-300ER

Must say that the Cosmo Suites looks nice and comfy, although look generic.

Prestige Sleeper have slight seat-pitch change, thus enable it to become fully flat bed. Overall, a very good products and congrats to KE by introducing new premium seats for their customer. :drinks:

Wonder if MH will do the same for their business class seat. :rolleyes:

Looks like KE has chosen the Weber economy class seat for their new fleet as well.

Nice to hear that :clapping: Kudos to KE for the introduction of 773ER :drinks:

Any idea how many 773ERs will be joining the KE fleet?

P/S:Congratulations for the 40th anniversary of Korean Air;Daehan Hanggong Manse! (Long live Korean Air!)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

P/S:Congratulations for the 40th anniversary of Korean Air;Daehan Hanggong Manse! (Long live Korean Air!)

should be 38 according to the video. btw, i like music. hehe....

Wah..just by listening to the music, I felt like in Korea already... :p

Sadly KE stopped the PEN route... :(

Yey! Managed to wrestle company to let me fly KE instead of MH to Seoul next month (in A330 though, not the new T3)

Yey! Managed to wrestle company to let me fly KE instead of MH to Seoul next month (in A330 though, not the new T3)

KE 333, despite younger than MH 333, have really worn out interior as they never refurbish the aircraft since they received them many years ago.

Hope you enjoy the flight and share with us your experience.

p/s: I think the fare with KE to SEL is not cheap.

:drinks:

Edited by Yoong

Sadly KE stopped the PEN route... :(

BKI route will reduce from 4 times per week to 2 times per week...

starting 2JUN to 22JUL. (temporary reduce)

The schedule will be:

KE674 / TUE / SAT -----BKI-SEL----ETD0015

Edited by Yoong

BKI route will reduce from 4 times per week to 2 times per week...

starting 2JUN to 22JUL. (temporary reduce)

The schedule will be:

KE674 / TUE / SAT -----BKI-SEL----ETD0015

Sabah remains a preferred holiday destinations for the Koreans. We have quite a few Korean restaurants, tour agencies run by Koreans and also *cough* Korean Karaoke. :shok:

Anyway, really hope to fly KE one of these days since they have direct flight from BKI.

Sabah remains a preferred holiday destinations for the Koreans. We have quite a few Korean restaurants, tour agencies run by Koreans and also *cough* Korean Karaoke. :shok:

Anyway, really hope to fly KE one of these days since they have direct flight from BKI.

Waiping,Any idea how frequent KE operates flight to BKI?

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

According to their schedule should be 4 times weekly with another 2 times code-share with MH I think. That is apart from Asiana flights.

KE.jpg

According to their schedule should be 4 times weekly with another 2 times code-share with MH I think. That is apart from Asiana flights.

As Yoong said earlier, the frequency reduction is only temporary between 2 June - 22 July.

Edited by Isaac

Current:

KE674/////////TUE/ WED/ SAT/ SUN.....BKI-ICN.....ETD 0015..ETA0625........738 (4 times per week)

KE/MH5676///WED/ SUN ....................BKI-ICN.....ETD 0050..ETA0700........330..operated by MAS. (2 tiimes per week)

From 2JUN to 21JUL

KE674/////////TUE/ SAT/ .....................BKI-ICN.....ETD 0015..ETA0625........738 (2 times per week)

MAS remain the same as above.

B/rgds

Just to add something = *cough cough cough* Sabah have Korean Golf Course too. (Borneo Golf,somewhere in Bongawan)

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Edited by Yoong

MAS should train their staff at BKI to speak better English, especially those who make the flight announcement. They can definitely learn a thing or two from the lady who make the flight announcement for KE and OZ at BKI. Her pronunciation is very clear and good. Grammar used is correct.

Just to add something = *cough cough cough* Sabah have Korean Golf Course too. (Borneo Golf,somewhere in Bongawan)

No wonder,as if i'm not mistaken many Koreans prefer to play Golf overseas as the fees at Golf Course back in Korea are expensive.That's what i've heard when watching KBS World News (can't remember when i watched that news).

No wonder,as if i'm not mistaken many Koreans prefer to play Golf overseas as the fees at Golf Course back in Korea are expensive.That's what i've heard when watching KBS World News (can't remember when i watched that news).

That's right. Koreans and Japanese. Golf and getting a PADI diving license too. They come here to play golf, we go there to ski. :p

They come here to play golf, we go there to ski. :p

hahahahaha...you are right. :drinks:

MAS should train their staff at BKI to speak better English, especially those who make the flight announcement. They can definitely learn a thing or two from the lady who make the flight announcement for KE and OZ at BKI. Her pronunciation is very clear and good. Grammar used is correct.

Of course, KE and OZ is better....the announcment is recorded in MP3 and send to BKI all the way from Korea.

Of course, KE and OZ is better....the announcment is recorded in MP3 and send to BKI all the way from Korea.

Is this true ? Have heard it in many different versions but i can remember the voice of the lady who makes the flight announcement. it's the same lady. The flight announcements for KE and OZ are made in both Korean and English and it always starts with "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE".

With do respect,referring to the photo taken from our MWings member,Cornelis (a.k.a CB) at China recently:

C2-1.jpg

In this photo,this KE B772ER is using new title.So,i've presumed that the KE new B773ER will using the bigger title? :rolleyes:

Yup the titles will be bigger on the 777-300ER. The logo on the engine is also larger

here's a picture of the new 77W: http://paineairport.com/images/kpae5046.jpg

And I believe the new 777-300ER will also be going to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN). Originally it was suppose to go to Bangkok, but they decided to switch it. So the 77W will be going to SGN on days 246 and JFK 357. Starting September, it will run daily to JFK for KE081/082 and 3 times for KE085/086. I'm assuming by then they'll be receiving their 2nd 773ER. There are some 777-200ER's that are already installed with the new business and economy class seats but with the previous Kosmo Sleeper in first class.

According to Thales IFE, looks like KE's 773ER IFE will have their new system. I kinda wish they had stuck with Panasonic though :(

They've ordered 10 773ER's. KE will also be getting A380's and 787's, which will be getting the new seats. The rest of the fleet (A330's and 777's) are expected to be refitted with these new seats as well. I don't think they have plans to fit the 747's with new seats since most of them already have AVOD. Anyone know?

Edited by Jenah

Is this true ? Have heard it in many different versions but i can remember the voice of the lady who makes the flight announcement. it's the same lady. The flight announcements for KE and OZ are made in both Korean and English and it always starts with "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE".

100% true, the announcement recorded in MP3. :drinks:

KE and OZ is different company ,the voice is different lady.

KE recorded the announcement in MP3 since the new opening of KKIA, followed by OZ later. Previously at the old KKIA, Korean announcement was made by KE Korean staff and English by MH staff.

Edited by Yoong

100% true, the announcement recorded in MP3. :drinks:

KE and OZ is different company ,the voice is different lady.

KE recorded the announcement in MP3 since the new opening of KKIA, followed by OZ later. Previously at the old KKIA, Korean announcement was made by KE Korean staff and English by MH staff.

I see. Thanks :drinks: