MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Yoong

Korean Air New 777-300ER

is it just me or the new thales remotes are a rip off of the panasonic remotes?

hope someone out there can provide a trip report if they rode KE's first 777-300ER hehehe

Wow! looks like the 77W also has mood lighting! :)

looks like the Y seats also have USB ports as well!

I think the mood light only available in First Class (Kosmo Suites)

I think the mood light only available in First Class (Kosmo Suites)

i see. would've been cool to have mood lighting in economy too hehe

has anyone experienced KE's upgraded AVOD yet?

More news on KE 777-300ER

Astate-of-the-art aircraft is introduced with an entirely upgraded inflight service by Korean Air.

To celebrate 40 years since its foundation, Korean Air has purchased the very latest aircraft on the market, the B777-300ER. The aircraft comes with next generation premium seats in all classes, including the Kosmo Suites (First Class), Prestige Sleeper (Prestige Class) and New Economy (Economy Class).

Korean Air disclosed its new Boeing B777-300ER aircraft at Incheon International Airport on June 1. The new and upgraded aircraft started operation on June 3 on the Incheon-New York (JFK) route.

Kosmo Suite seats in First Class are the pinnacle of luxurious travel, costing 250 million KRW per seat. The wood colored seats help bring a touch of nature to the cabin while the 180 degree lie-flat beds have been widened by 15.3cm to provide passengers with added comfort.

Prestige Sleeper seats in Prestige Class feature 180 degree lie-flat sleepers, a first in Korea, with 66cm wider pitch than the current Prestige Class seats, offering customers the level of comfort normally reserved for First Class at other carriers.

New Economy seats in Economy Class are ergonomically designed with a slimmer seat back to secure more leg space. It is also designed so that the bottom cushion slides forward when the seat is reclined, to minimize the impact to the passenger sitting behind.

On the new B777-300ER, the AVOD system is also upgraded with wider screens and better IT mechanisms. In particular, a wide monitor with a ratio of 16:9 is provided in all classes.

Korean Air plans to install the enhanced cabin in all 96 mid-to-long haul aircraft by 2014, to provide the high level of service customers have come to expect from Korean Air as a leading global carrier.