MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

All-in Fares policy for AirAsia (finally)

Finally, AirAsia bows down to pressure from competitors and consumers to advertise all-in fares. GREAT!! :yahoo:

“From now on we will also be introducing ‘All-In-Fare’ policy for the Malaysian market, making it easier for our guests to choose and decide. What you see is what you’ll pay! And rest assured it will be all low fares!” she (Kathleen Tan) added.

With the new All-In-Fare, free seats for flights from Kuala Lumpur to destinations such as Kuching, Kota Kinabalu or Langkawi are only RM28.50 nett. From Johor Bahru to destinations such as Penang, Miri or Sibu will only cost RM31.50 nett.

From http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/business-ne...-may-11-15.html

The new sale is good but only covers domestic flights and no international flight sale like before.

Edited by Azri M.

Finally they do it...tired of getting bamboo-ed by pax on the fares. (I still think the assigned seating should be gone. Maybe only available assigned seating for those who choose to buy Hot Seat.)

On a side note, watch out for the soon to emerge Abu Dhabi and Chengdu and also QZ's Bali-Darwin and Bali-Perth

Edited by Adrian M

So no more '0 Fare' or 'Free Seat' promotion then. A 'free seat' but costs MYR 28.50 is not a free seat, isn't it? It could pave a way to AK to give a true free seats promotion in the future, should competition heats up.

Finally,what you :blink: is what you pay ..Anyway,AK should have come out with this earlier

Edited by Li Ren

So no more '0 Fare' or 'Free Seat' promotion then. A 'free seat' but costs MYR 28.50 is not a free seat, isn't it? It could pave a way to AK to give a true free seats promotion in the future, should competition heats up.

Exactly...the commercial is indeed misleading....

Today I booked 2 flights for 4 pax to Macau and (return from) Hong Kong for travel next year. Total cost, less than RM 700. AK is getting cheaper, if you can manage to snag the seats! :drinks:

Edited by flee

interesting to see how they make money.. i doubt they make money with those free seats (though got some admin fees and tax) but it's a good publicity for their airlines. good brand building. so people will more likely to fly with air asia in the future.

interesting to see how they make money.. i doubt they make money with those free seats (though got some admin fees and tax) but it's a good publicity for their airlines. good brand building. so people will more likely to fly with air asia in the future.

Yes, there are very limited "free" seats on each flight. Basically, pax who book later subsidise the pax who book earlier. So these "promos" are nothing to shout about because instead of quietly offering the earliest bird the zero fare ticket AK uses this as a chance to milk media coverage....

For people like me, the announcements will ensure that I know I have a good chance of getting these fares. I just came back from Hong Kong on a ticket booked in August last year. 2 pax for around RM 750 return. Next year, 4 pax can go for less than that! Amazing! :clapping:

Yes, there are very limited "free" seats on each flight. Basically, pax who book later subsidise the pax who book earlier. So these "promos" are nothing to shout about because instead of quietly offering the earliest bird the zero fare ticket AK uses this as a chance to milk media coverage....

For people like me, the announcements will ensure that I know I have a good chance of getting these fares. I just came back from Hong Kong on a ticket booked in August last year. 2 pax for around RM 750 return. Next year, 4 pax can go for less than that! Amazing! :clapping:

On the other hand they have 1 year to invest on the amount of money prepaid by the travelers.

Yes, that is why Tony Ferndandes is looking for a Head of Ancillary Income. Treasury management is very important to make the forward booking revenues work to earn even more income.

FOC seats to Hangzhou, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Hong Kong all gone. Tianjin, Perth and Macau also almost habis. Looks like this time, bookings are not moving so fast.

I remembered that last year Tiger had the "zero fees and taxes" promo and the fare is only RM 69. That is the same as the current AK promo where the "zero fare" tickets resulted in an average of RM 140 for a return flight. But it will cost more if you have luggage and you want to choose seats.

Check Tiger Airways promotion from KUL- Sinagapore zero fare, much cheaper than Air Asia Rm1 fare. :sorry:

Great news! Now everyone can fly...for sure!

Check Tiger Airways promotion from KUL- Sinagapore zero fare, much cheaper than Air Asia Rm1 fare. :sorry:

Great news! Now everyone can fly...for sure!

Tiger Airway KL-Singapore is not really zero fare after you add in some hidden cost.. like $59 i just checked..

if it's really zero fare, then they can "close shop" or lelong their aircrafts soon.

seems like BKI-SIN load very bad... till now still got Rm0.00 basic fare. after charges, return RM140 for basic package. <.>

edit: during off-peak season but weekend.

Edited by Samuel Chy

Sign in to follow this