MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

Malaysia Airlines B747-400

Have a few questions regarding MAS 744. Two years ago MAS had a total of 17x 744 in service but 6 were taken out of service soon after Idris Jala came into power. 2x out of the 6x 744 grounded was leased to Singapore Airlines via "Penerbangan Malaysia Berhad". So any idea where did the other 4x 744 go to ? And the 2x 744 leased to Singapore Airlines have also left SIA fleet for quite sometime now. Any idea where are the 2x 744 now ?

By the way, 2x - 3x of the 11x 744 MAS currently have in service have also since been grounded. Do they just park these grounded 744 in KLIA or what ?

One was painted in air india's new colors and the SQ ones were converted to cargo,world airways I thibk but not too sure which carier. Unsure bout the rest.

9M-MPE (Kangar) went to Singapore Airlines as 9V-SPR (Star Alliance livery). 9V-SPS (9M-MPC?) never went to Singapore Airlines as far as I know.

ex-9M-MPE has since been sold and went to Israel for freighter conversion. She became a 747-4H6/BDSF and she is now serving World Airways as N741WA.

ex-9M-MPC has also been converted in Israel and became a 747-4H6/BDSF, also serving World Airways as N740WA.

ex-9M-MPA is now awaiting conversion into B747-4H6/LCF at Taipei's Evergreen hangar.

ex-9M-MPG is now serving for Purmantur Air, after a brief stint with Air India as VT-AIS.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/World-Airwa...DSF)/1505832/L/

Edited by S V Choong

ex-9M-MPA is now awaiting conversion into B747-4H6/LCF at Taipei's Evergreen hangar.

Not yet converted to the Dreamlifter? I thought it would have been converted by now. Too bad, the graceful lines of the 747 is gonna be turned into the whale that is the "Dreamlifter"

Thanks guys ! :)

ex-9M-MPE has since been sold and went to Israel for freighter conversion. She became a 747-4H6/BDSF and she is now serving World Airways as N741WA.

ex-9M-MPC has also been converted in Israel and became a 747-4H6/BDSF, also serving World Airways as N740WA.

ex-9M-MPG is now serving for Purmantur Air, after a brief stint with Air India as VT-AIS.

Choong, only 4 are listed. Any idea where are the other 2 ? Where are they now ?

Edited by Isaac

I know Wikipedia is a terrible source for information but I checked it recently and it shows that MAS is currently operating 13 x B747-400 aircraft. Anyone from MAS can confirm this?

Edited by Wilson Kook

I thought the first Dreamlifter was an ex-MH B747?

I know Wikipedia is a terrible source for information but I checked it recently and it shows that MAS is currently operating 13 x B747-400 aircraft. Anyone from MAS can confirm this?

Pretty sure it's been reduced to 11x for quite a while. And with a few more of the 11x temporary grounded as we speak.

So how many 747 left in Mh fleet?

Official number is 11x 744 still in MAS fleet but i believe only 8x - 9x are active now.

Choong, only 4 are listed. Any idea where are the other 2 ? Where are they now ?

Thats as much as i can find over the internet. We need insider news or spy :D

9M-MPB and MPD are no longer in Hibiscus livery, perhaps they are the candidates for grounding?

Edited by S V Choong

I both a stored 744 pax and a 744F parked at KL earlier this month, the engines were covered over.

On another site -MPB and -MPD are shown as 'to be converted', so hopefully they'll be able to get rid of those B742F's.

Sign in to follow this