MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

Psychomotor test. What to expect?

The important thing is to not lie, about anything. Such questions as "have you ever stolen anything" come up frequently, everyone must answer yes. And before everyone starts defending themselves, i'm not a thief, no one said you were. Have you ever borrowed a pen and never given it back? Taken soap from a hotel? Gone to the supermarket and pinched a lolly or nut?

Well correct me if i am wrong, but psychomotor test doesnt involve answering of questions..its actually ur hand and mind coordination...and reflex movement..expect a computer-like screen and a old-style joystick to be used..from what i have heard...

The important thing is to not lie, about anything. Such questions as "have you ever stolen anything" come up frequently, everyone must answer yes. And before everyone starts defending themselves, i'm not a thief, no one said you were. Have you ever borrowed a pen and never given it back? Taken soap from a hotel? Gone to the supermarket and pinched a lolly or nut?

19652[/snapback]

IIRC this is about the psychometric test, not the psychomotor test

Bout two months ago. Just over. Takes a while I guess. They have to sort out hundreds or thousands of these. My collegemate who applied same time I did didn't get it. Test is on Wednesday.

Psychomotor nothing involve answering question.. that Psychometric laaahh... After Psychomotor.. Ya. I think you better practise using FS2004 (Any FLight SImulator) + Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (Same Joystick that use for MAS Psychomotor Test) with Realy High.. Sensitivity. The MAS Psychomotor test Joystick Is Realy High Sentivity.. Just A Little Bit touch.. The Aircraft Turning to 20 degree.. blink.gif

Ya.. The Simulator Can Make U feel Comfortable with Those Meter and Display.. Also it Can help you on Making A Better Landing.. they will use Visual Landing.

Lot Of People Did't Pass This Second Step. But Just Go For It.. Just Not OverConfident... also Not too Worries Laaa. laugh.gif Luck Is Important Man!!! Good Luck Mate biggrin.gif

One Thing To Add... FOCUS

Edited by Ibrahim

The test today was so friggin hard. I cannot tell you how many times I told myself after I finished (first) that I was so going to fail. The other 2 were still 'click-clicking' on their keyboards for the color/shape test when I had finished. Oh, boy....... the fist test was terrible. The second one, with the 3 men in 4 positions was easy until I confused myself once during the last round and the time expired. The 'Spot the shape!' test was whew, tricky and I had to screen the images thoroughly. Not easy. The fourth, the shape/color test was quite easy until I screwed up a little during the last few seconds of the test and I made a few careless mistakes. The glidescope thing was horrifying. Not that bad though once you get the hang of it.

The glidescope thing was horrifying. Not that bad though once you get the hang of it.

20141[/snapback]

GlideScope ??? Glideslope kot ??? Don't worry Mate I am Sure Lot of people that going for the test had seem feeling like you too... Thank for Sharing with us your Psychomotor experience. Hope you pass this test.. Cheers. smile.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

congrats andrew and all da best for tomorrow from all of us here...u have our support...anyway....if u dont mind me asking...what qualifications did u use to apply for the cadet programme..and..approx how many of u took the psychomotor test

Psychomotor...hmm. there were 3 of us at 10am and there were 4 people before us. With 2 more sceduled at 11am. 8 people took the psychometric test. I used my Canadian Pre-University results to enter.

Hope you join the fleet soon Andrew.

More things to come.

My test last time back in 1992.

It was interesting, got through it though.

It was tough...tougher course to come.

Have fun...its always to me!!

Well correct me if i am wrong, but psychomotor test doesnt involve answering of questions..its actually ur hand and mind coordination...and reflex movement..expect a computer-like screen and a old-style joystick to be used..from what i have heard...

19673[/snapback]

hmm..not old style joystick...its LOGITECH ATTACK 3 .. cool.gif

gravity

i think this might be help those candidates^^

try to control the ball to center point, dun touch the wall, i just can hang the ball for 2 minutes30sec +

Edited by Tze Shan

Well, I called HR last week and this week and the results for november were ready and mine isn't. Or maybe I failed and they didnt want to tell me. Haha. I really don't know. I was really psyched about the possibilities of flying after I took the test but now, i'm excited about the possibilities of studying abroad too, now that college has started. I'm currently taking aeronautical engineering (konon-lah), now stil doing the basics. freshman year la, sad. My backup plan, if I don;t fly, at least its still aviation-oriented. smile.gif So thats it. I'm still waiting. I'm half-dying to find out tho.

Sign in to follow this