MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Air France new corporate identity

Very clean and simple, typical French style. Now when will MH refresh it's very tired livery?

And a fleets of dirty planes..

Was travelling MH last weekend and when I saw the MH birds in a row at KLIA, only then did it hit me just how dirty the planes are and how outdated the livery appear. Later, while seated on one of the multicoloured choc and eating from the much maligned snack box, did a bit of fantasizing on the new 737-800, long awaited wide body fleet, new service product, new livery, new uniform....I may be wrong, but I thought the female FA's make up looks so 90s. 'Garang' blue and green eyeshadow. The only missing element is a big hairdo

OT -

First experience of the snack box - "main meal" laughably small proportion but taste good. The other non wholesome carbo laden stuff should go. And it was so difficult to manoeuvre the box and cup in the limited space, I spilled my drink, for the first time in any flight! The box had no weight so that it slides easily with a little force. And because of the box' height compared to a conventional tray, it makes eating difficult and tricky, one have to angle the fork and knife at 90 degrees to the box to be able to cut and scoop out its content. Thus the spilled drink. Never have I felt so irritated with the design of any tableware as such.

Allez,Air France,Allez! :clapping:

This one quite better than the current one;neat and simple.

Kudos to the Air France for the new corporate identity! :clapping: :drinks:

And a fleets of dirty planes..

Same Same...

Guys,

What has this to do with the subject: new corporate identity ??? :angry:

Please, comment on this only !!!

This is AF's 1st change since 1975: looks up-to-date again :good:

Awful.

Just looks like a rehash of the Cityjet logo.

Edited by Ken M.

let me topup some more info

Air France Sheds Some Stripes

airfrance_logo.gif

Operating since 1933, Air France has become one of the biggest and most recognized airlines in the world, traveling to nearly 100 countries. A new identity, replacing its last update since 1975, has been designed by Brandimage. A brief video explains a little bit about the change.

airfrance_logo_details.gif

Despite still being officially referred to as "Air France" in two words, the logo is set as one word, which is oddly confusing. Its saving grace is that the typography is quite handsome and alone worth the upgrade. Gone are the race car-like, angled stripes that didn't quite do much for me, and instead there is a new single ribbon-like icon that is simpler and, ideally, more iconic. With enough usage and years under its belt, I'm pretty sure it will become so. Questionable whether the shadow on the ribbon is necessary, but it does add some nice, subtle depth.

airfrance_seahorse_evolution.gif

airfrance_seahorse.gif

When Air France was formed in 1933 from the merger of various airlines, it adopted the logo of Air Orient, a hippocampe ailé (winged sea-horse), which has served as the icon for Air France and its parent company on and off through the years. I'm not entirely sure what role this latest iteration plays in the identity, but it sure is beautifully crafted. This image was floating around a few months ago, but I don't know how official it is.

airfrance_livery.jpg

The new livery is nothing to get excited about, it's pretty simple and harmless. Although the graphic on the tail seems contradictory to the idea of change as it reflects the old stripes. Overall, a nice, elegant update.

Edited by Min

Just cannot make myself get excited over the new AF livery . . . it isn't ugly at all, but there is just so little visible change.

One blue bar missing from the tail, and the bottom of the surviving bars went curvy like hockey sticks . . . and Air France became AIRFRANCE.

This really looks like a hybrid Air France - CityJet livery.

I wish the updated seahorse logo (which is very stylish in my personal opinion) had been applied on the fuselage like a watermark.

KC Sim

Something new from someting old... Minor alteration plus change of typeface is the 'it' thing for airlines nowadays, me thinks. Look at SQ, QF..