MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Aina

How to be a Stewardess ??

Hallo I am new here.. I realy want to be stewardess.. Can Anyone tell me How to apply ?? I realy admire this Job. biggrin.gif

Maybe our member M N Fairizuan can advise you, as he's a steward with MH wink.gif

I suppose, you should also check out Malaysia Airlines website, their careers section would have some information about the application process, requirements and all to become a cabin staff.

MH Website

Good luck.

I suppose, you should also check out Malaysia Airlines website, their careers section would have some information about the application process, requirements and all to become a cabin staff.

MH Website

Good luck.

12413[/snapback]

yaya..u can get all the infos u want from there for sure! Good luck!

Aina if that your avatar realy your face.. wink.gif Wahahooooo.. realy Sabahan right Pieter.. hehehe your are beautifull girl aina.. wub.gif good luck..

.. realy Sabahan right Pieter..

Bahhhh !!! from KK, Aina ?

Hehehehe.. yup I am Sabahan but not from KK.. happy.gif Thank All for fast reply..

i might add some info...

MH do have openings, job vacancies...especially for cabin crew.

I will try and find out the address and so on.

This few months, i flew with new girls...beauty.

New crew will be given an aircraft ratings. Meaning to say the fresh ones will be rated for Boeing 737 and Airbus A330. They call themselves the "D" fleet...meaning dual fleet. Its a good start flying the 737 serving juices and meals on certain routes at low capacity load...even for a full 737s. And some experience of a wide body duty on an A330.

From time to time, they get and upgrade...go back to class and get themselves rated on the Boeing 777 and Boeing 747. plus A330 that they have, and now they dont need to fly the Boeing 737 with all the domestic flights.

Some spent few years or a year on the "D" fleet, then they get so call promoted on the 3 wide bodies. Good money for flying the big fleet...

Chances to go to so many part of this world where only a few can experience.

Remember, the job is important, firstly its all about SAFETY of the flight, service comes second.

All my years of flying, SAFETY and SERVICES comes along together.

I find that MH crew are good in their job and the special touch of a malaysian style.

Im proud of it. smile.gif

You can try by:-

- Walk-In-Interview

- Write-In-Application

During the interview, maintain your

- Greetings

- Grooming

and establish

- Communication

- Inter-personal skills

Once you "click" with the interviewers, nothing can go wrong. biggrin.gif Then medical check up and after that, you'll be receiving a phone call from HR. Then you'll start your 4 months training at Malaysia Airlines Academy. Very demanding period. Exam, exam, exam all the way.

MH cabin crew interview process is nothing/very easy one compared to SQ. But the cabin crew training itself is very, very demanding. Far more difficult than SQ. The best part during training, you get to meet MAA instructors from "hardcore"/golden girls generation. Very proud, very "garang" but very very nice people. biggrin.gif like Mdm Melanie, former chief stewardess from grooming

user posted image

At the end of your initial training:-

- 2 IOE (inflight observation experience) flights. 1 B737/ 1 A330 daily flight.

- 7 SNY (supernumerary cabin crew appraisal) flights. 4 B737 (including 1 nightstop) / 3 A330 daily flights.

Your cabin crew in charge for all 7 SNY flights will write a report regarding your appearance & decorum, inter-personal skills, service performance, general performance and job knowledge as well as personal comments.

Then, graduation. After 3 months of flying, another exam paper for job comfirmation. If fail, another 4 months re-training. sad.gif

Anyway, if you need any assitance, just e-mail me okay. Take care.

MH cabin crew interview process is nothing/very easy one compared to SQ. But the cabin crew training itself is very, very demanding. Far more difficult than SQ. The best part during training, you get to meet MAA instructors from "hardcore"/golden girls generation. Very proud, very "garang" but very very nice people. biggrin.gif like Mdm Melanie, former chief stewardess from grooming

12467[/snapback]

You've applied with SQ before ?

Nope biggrin.gif

Many Ex SQ girls now MAS girls told me biggrin.gif

12493[/snapback]

Hmm.....and I thought it was usually the other way round.

Thank guyz.. i realy appreciate those answer. biggrin.gif you guyz realy nice to me.. even i new hear realy warm welcome. Thank smile.gif

I realy like my member no. 300 hehehe what a lucky number. happy.gif

Edited by Aina

Hmm.....and I thought it was usually the other way round.

12520[/snapback]

well, it actually depends on your luck..

as for me i think SQ's interview process is much more easier compared to MH..

You can try by:-

- Walk-In-Interview

- Write-In-Application

During the interview, maintain your

- Greetings

- Grooming

and establish

- Communication

- Inter-personal skills

Once you "click" with the interviewers, nothing can go wrong. biggrin.gif Then medical check up and after that, you'll be receiving a phone call from HR. Then you'll start your 4 months training at Malaysia Airlines Academy. Very demanding period. Exam, exam, exam all the way.

user posted image

At the end of your initial training:-

- 2 IOE (inflight observation experience) flights. 1 B737/ 1 A330 daily flight.

- 7 SNY (supernumerary cabin crew appraisal) flights. 4 B737 (including 1 nightstop) / 3 A330 daily flights.

Your cabin crew in charge for all 7 SNY flights will write a report regarding your appearance & decorum, inter-personal skills, service performance, general performance and job knowledge as well as personal comments.

Then, graduation. After 3 months of flying, another exam paper for job comfirmation. If fail, another 4 months re-training. sad.gif

Anyway, if you need any assitance, just e-mail me okay. Take care.

12467[/snapback]

Aina,

Most importantly is to be yourself...do not fake it... smile.gif

Fairizuan is this way of how to be stewardess work as well for steward or there are something diffrent bettween this two same thing. biggrin.gif if we not so handsome and beautifull they will hire us or not ?? face like average man and women.

Edited by Ibrahim

But most of the F/As have an average face imo. So, should be okay. I think the most important part is ur personality right?

O/T: Aina, are u the girl in your avatar? That girl makes me wub.gif

hehehehe biggrin.gif

I think Aina is the girl in the picture, Delwin smile.gif

From my experience, looks aren't that important - it's the personal touch you offer to passengers that makes one an exceptional flight attendant.. and that is of course a reflection of personality..

But judging by your appreciation for the feedback to your question, Aina, it would appear that you're genuine and thats the most important smile.gif

Good luck!

aina, go ahead and be MH's stewardess. work for few years until you reach widebody and when your contract expires, call dubai kid imran to fix u up at emirates. emirates flies to nice and dusseldolf ooooohhh..........hehehhehe

ahem...Dubai'man'... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

No worries..as long as Aina can bring me my Gardenia and Milo Kotak Hijau! biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this