MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Kong

Rainy day

Was bored and have not been spotting for a long time. So decided to go spotting at KUL even though it was raining. Single runway was in used from 11.00am to 2pm.

First surprise of the day... but you can tell the weather hasn't been kind to me sad.gif

user posted image

AirAsia holding at Apha Three, the Captain and the F/O must be admiring the Triple

user posted image

Qatar departing for Jakarta

user posted image

Thai was late for two hours today... here rushing back to Bangkok

user posted image

Yeah~~~ Transmile MD-11 taxying to 14R for departure. Waited 3 hours for her departure biggrin.gif

user posted image

Always powerful takeoff for MD-11

user posted image

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Royal Brunei's cute A319. This is a flying shoe box smile.gif

user posted image

Today's weather was a real difference with yesterday sad.gif

damn i have to work today sad.gif

anyway, rainy days are always better than hazy days biggrin.gif

I think spotting in an overcast weather can produce some nice photos. With the engines at full throttle drying up the runway....

Add a little flavour to the usual sunny weather shots?

Chaity, you can see the MD-11 that close at Penang! ;-) FedEx MD-11 is a regular there... I've got some shots of it... When it taxies it goes really, really slow, unlike MAS 737s... (Sorry Radzi, I'm just comparing and telling what I observed. :-0 Nothing wrong, right..?) The last time I went spotting at WMKP, one of the FedEx -11 rotated a little, drop, then rotated again... Spectacular... !!! Unfortunately I didn't have it on video...

Nice one, first Malaysian airline to have Chinese characters on the fuselage. smile.gif Unfortunately a number of airlines have not put their native languages on the fuselage when the livery is revised.

The "gone" list:

Japan Airlines and subsidiaries

All Nippon Airways and subsidiaries

Japan Air System

China Airlines (sort of)

Thai Airways

Malaysia Airlines (Bahasa Jawi gone and "Sistem Penerbangan Malaysia" was never on it, although they have used it at check-in counter during the 1980s)

Korean Air (Chinese characters gone as a result of the wave of Korean nationalism, which everything must be written in Korean characters only)

Vietnam Airlines

tower control, this is malaysia 787 request for line up weather centre for spotting clearance.

good stuff emperor. at least u didnt sweat.

tower control, this is malaysia 787 request for line up weather centre for spotting clearance.

good stuff emperor. at least u didnt sweat.

5528[/snapback]

Looks like he's back.

Thanks Teoh for the info. Any idea what days are those MD-11 paying a visit ?

Any MD-11 is nice.

Sad to watch today's documentary in NGC about the Swissair MD-11 that crashed into the sea. mad.gif

Was at KLIA yesterday and Transmile MD-11 9M-TGP was there again but it did not take off. Just when i was about to go home, another Transmile MD-11 touched down on 14L, 9M-TGQ. So i think they are setting up the cargo hub at KLIA. smile.gif

More MD-11 to be spotted at KLIA!

Thanks Teoh for the info. Any idea what days are those MD-11 paying a visit ?

Any MD-11 is nice.

Sad to watch today's documentary in NGC about the Swissair MD-11 that crashed into the sea.  mad.gif

5648[/snapback]

I guess everyday as I see 'em all the time. They also send in the A310 everyday besides MD-11.

Oh ya, MD-11 comes early morning and leaves after 3pm. If wanna see takeoff, be there by 3...

wwwaahhh...Jonathan...nice la your photos..

YOU USE CANON ah.... biggrin.gif

5713[/snapback]

Hey, what is going on here?????

Sign in to follow this