MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Expected at Penang

Guys,

Received the following information:

Bae146 VH-EWR departed on a ferry flight to Exeter/UK from Australia 15nov05 where it would be looked after by Flybe. The 1st stop was Alice Springs then Broome-Denpasar-PENANG-Colombo, etc etc...

Hope, someone can "pin-down" this 146 and publish some photos lateron ? wink.gif

Pieter,

Good news there. At what time exactly will this 146 touchdown at PEN ..?

And i don't think i can "pin-down" this babe cause i gotta work this whole week .. sad.gif .

Mohd,

SORRY, no times were given in the message; maybe Gibby can pin-down this flight ?

It should have passed through PEN today, if not staying the night. Depending solely on crew requirements. Departures of ex- AN a/c are usually quite low key out of MEL, however when -JJS left PER, everyone was out there! laugh.gif Many of the ex- 143's were destined for O7 (Ozjet) however change of plans now see's 12 732's headed our way!

Note Ozjet a/c pass thru Subang enroute to DRW and MEL. Latest was G-CEAJ earlier in the week, however again are very low key and we usually don't here until they have reached DRW!

Problem is, they have no ACARS, so, unless spotters will "tip" others, it's almost unknown...VH-EWR is also supposed to pass through Malta, so, if I do get some more info, I'll let you know wink.gif

Note Ozjet a/c pass thru Subang enroute to DRW and MEL. Latest was G-CEAJ earlier in the week, however again are very low key and we usually don't here until they have reached DRW!

15385[/snapback]

Saw Ozjet 732 twice in KUL, never in position for pictures. sad.gif

Cheers Radzi, nothing like showing off a new airline bit of free publicity ay! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Pieter, they ex- AN 146's do have ACARS. Bit of news...from SW in BME. It left and returned a few hours later enroute to DPS after a suspected cracked windshield. Was noted departing BME earlier this evening using rego as callsign for Darwin, perhaps a full repair will be done there. But as yet, has not been through PEN.

Anybody go for spotting there in Pg? waiting for pics here..haha

15731[/snapback]

Eh, you're from penang right ..? Maybe we outta go together if on weekends ...

Guys,

This is what I received:

"Ex-Ansett Bae146 VH-EWR left Broome for UK via Bali this evening, 18nov, for Darwin and was climbing to FL270...Call sign was simply the registration"

So, I guess, it will now visit PEN this weekend (IF they didn't change the routing because of the "turn-back" the other day wink.gif )

If you see her, please, share a picture !!!

VH-EWR ex-Ansett BAe-146? Is this one of those BAe-146s from Ansett New Zealand (aka Qantas NZ) or Ansett Australia?

AFAIK, many of the ex-Ansett NZ BAe-146 are still sitting at Melbourne's Avalon airport, isn't this correct??

Many are ex- AN/QF New Zealand, but all are at MEL, not AVV.

VH-EWR is the first of 11 due for FlyBe, then storage a Kemble all owned by Trident Leasing. The next should be -EWM

G'day all.

VH-EWM passed through PEN about 10 days ago, apologies as I had seen her leave MEL, but as I was away with no computer access, lack of post.

Thanks to BME spotter, BAe 146-200 VH-JJY arrived BME today, using rego as callsign. Will depart tomorrow at the latest.

With the departure of -JJY, this leaves 10 more visits for PEN.

Penang guys,

Go and get her: would love to see (some) pictures !!! wink.gif

Guys,

Another ex-Ansett 146 enroute to the UK, and AGAIN windshields were cracking :o :o

"A colleague in Seoul right now has spoken to the ferry pilots of c/n 3147 N9070L (ex ZK-NZJ) and advises the following:

we met a couple of ferry pilots this morning..they are moving the Ansett 146 aircraft from AUS back to Europe. These guys reported two windshields broke climbing out of ICN at the weekend...27000 feet and returned safely...now waiting for replacement to fit 14MAR and will leave 16MAR...VFR via Russia as no TCAS, ACARS, etc...due Bournemouth-Hurn airport this weekend...it is for storage and is presently leased to European Aviation"

TK, LeeCH, did you spot this aircraft ?

Pieter,

I was in PEK on Sunday and back in SIN on Tues morning. Alternate for PEK was ICN though. Didn't divert, so no chance to catch it there....

VFR via Russia? Serious?

Sign in to follow this