MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

AK 320 tail strike

Perhaps u could use less jargons and initials for things like ANU(what the heck is it?), not all of us are pro simmers hehe.. sorry for my lack of intellect in this sim/real pilot thingy .. tunjuk ajar sikit.. terima kasih (give guidance.. thank u)

something to do with angle of attack of a plane? :pardon:

Edited by LeeTZ

Uhh, where are all the experts when we need them.. "ANU?" anyone care to explain? dont sideline us please?? :pardon:

google gives me

ANU = Airplane Nose Up

Googling does help haha.. in the end who knew the answer came from Google first.. thanks Waiter ... oops water canon.. ooops Walter :rofl: jk jk jk

i believe for the incident, it never went up more than 7 degrees.

Is this the a/craft, Ramani...

Afx_6136.jpg

Sorry for bad photo... low light today & too far for may 200mm max (LeeCH... help! :p )

Do agree , but it all comes in the end to whether or not the pilot itself is really flying for the sake of his/her interest in flying rather than the salary factor. Those who love their job because they love flying tend to be better prepared for anything than those who just fly for the sake of earning an income.

Some may not agree with me, but thats how i see it. :pardon:

Well said. I belong to the former category whilst many many of my colleagues here are of the latter category. I really respect them how do they manage to get up and fly through the middle of the night and getting grilled by instructors during training when money is the only motivation for flying. I could not do it for sure.

Norman, you got DX crop factor 1.5 times. And easily can get a good shot with TK's 80-400mm. Hehehe. My canon cannot hand holding. Above MTOW.

Well said. I belong to the former category whilst many many of my colleagues here are of the latter category. I really respect them how do they manage to get up and fly through the middle of the night and getting grilled by instructors during training when money is the only motivation for flying. I could not do it for sure.

Norman, you got DX crop factor 1.5 times. And easily can get a good shot with TK's 80-400mm. Hehehe. My canon cannot hand holding. Above MTOW.

OT....

Hang on..... LeeCH...?... brightside?

I hope LeeCh is reffering to his bazooka(canon) rather than reffering it to a brightside... I wont jumpship after getting so many missiles and bombs for a certain airplane make hehe :lol:

I manage to get the tail strike pictures. Unfortunately i can't post it here due to safety reasons.

I manage to get the tail strike pictures. Unfortunately i can't post it here due to safety reasons.

PM me the picture Meor.. plz? :good:

I didn't have the intention for the names to be made in public, nor did I want to know their identities or would that be any use or knowledge to me, but it was just that Gavin's post sounded as if they are known to him (which is convincing) and perhaps he could share with the rest of the forumers. That's not necessary should that be impolite.

Thanks for the pic! The tail looks fine from the outside, though. First time I heard of a tail strike on landing.

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Meor , scared what ?

You could be A.net top of today and week .. haha .. I'm surprised you made no posting of the pic .. Working for them now are you ?

I can't mention much about this .. Hmmm ... But , as far as I know , no official reports yet ... But they should / will be done soon I believe .

Once again back to Meor , I still wondering why you're not posting this pix . SECURITY reasons you say ? hahaha .. So funny ..

Common Meor,.. .post lah.. its not like your pics shows the face of the f/o or captain in command? we want to see the striking moment .. u caught a great moment and its worth sharing... unless TF is next to u pointing his gun at ur forehead making sure that u dont do any upload of the pictures and have them deleted!!?? :pardon:

I believe that Meor sir has his own personal reasons for not posting the pictures. Same as Gavin for not revealing extra potential "juicy" information about the said incident.

If you want the pic you can just ask from him, easy as that!

Edited by Walter Sim

I believe that Meor sir has his own personal reasons for not posting the pictures. Same as Gavin for not revealing extra potential "juicy" information about the said incident.

If you want the pic you can just ask from him, easy as that!

I hope i get pm's soon.. meor pm me the pics can? just for personal viewing :D

nothing that bad happened to the aircraft ,

X-Ray will be patched up with some skin damage and returned to service I believe .

Just some carelessness by the flight crew ..

nothing that bad happened to the aircraft ,

X-Ray will be patched up with some skin damage and returned to service I believe .

Just some carelessness by the flight crew ..

Ouch! somebody has to pay a hefty price here...

What normally happen to 'that person' under this circumstances? Suspended license for a period of time? or cuci jamban [scrub the toilets] for 3 months aka detention class? :D

Ouch! somebody has to pay a hefty price here...

What normally happen to 'that person' under this circumstances? Suspended license for a period of time? or cuci jamban [scrub the toilets] for 3 months aka detention class? :D

CVR, FDR at least will be analysed. Investigation should go back to cove at lest one duty roster to look into fatigue as a contributary factor. Company operating Policy will also be referred to. So will aircraft maintenance records. A number of other pertinant information will also be collated. After all that is looked into a technical inquiry report should be compiled. The usual MAN, MACHINE & Environment factors will be deliberated.

Recommendations will be made to avoid recurrence.

Should there be any negligence on the part of the Flight Crew a disciplinary inquiry will follow. Punishment will be meted out if necessary. Pilots will be dealt with harshly depending on degree of culpabilty. Corrective training will then be made. All these costs money.

However that's how it works where i work. Don't know how AK does theirs.

Don't simply blame the Pilots especially if you're not one as you cannot even begin to understand what it feels like to be in the driving seat. It my seem like an easy, glamorous and interesting well paying job but the price of erroreonous action is very high. And the stigma stays for a long time.

Not sure if an AA 320 can have a tail strike when landing? - as generally occurred during take-offs but in A320 do believe that the plane is limited by its flight management that it cant be allowed to have a tail-strike.

Here is what i got from www.smartcockpit.com .... :) and its for the airbus

Most Common Causes

At landing

Unstable approach

– Large thrust and pitch attitude variations

– Too high sink rate close to the ground

– Too low airspeed and high pitch attitude

Flare/landing technique

– Improper flare initiation height

• Too high, leading to significant speed drop

• Too low, leading to high pitch rate

• improper anticipation of aircraft inertia

– Improper thrust reduction coordination

– Uncontrolled high pitch rate at touch down

• high touch down vertical speed leading to bounce

– Prolonged hold off during flare

– Nose gear kept high after touchdown

Turbulence, wind shear/downburst

Bouncing at landing

– Pitch rate not stopped after touchdown

– Aft stick order not released

– Pitch up effect at spoiler extension not controlled

– Pitch increase, attempting to smooth the second touchdown

Most of the time, more than one cause is involved!

alot more is explained at this site http://www.smartcockpit.com/data/pdfs/flig...s_by_Airbus.pdf :)

Sign in to follow this