MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH's 'Rimba' Regional Golden Lounges at MTB

New Rimba Lounge at BKI is not yet ready. At the moment, passengers still use the current Lounge near gate A3. One of BKI Golden Lounge's staff says The New Rimba Lounge will only be opened somewhere in June.

updated @ BKI Golden Lounge, 17.5.2010, 1750HRS, while waiting for my ride to KUL on MH081.....

New Rimba Lounge at BKI is not yet ready. At the moment, passengers still use the current Lounge near gate A3. One of BKI Golden Lounge's staff says The New Rimba Lounge will only be opened somewhere in June.

updated @ BKI Golden Lounge, 17.5.2010, 1750HRS, while waiting for my ride to KUL on MH081.....

You must have seen the A330 parked next to your flight huh? I think its a delayed MH2616 due to yesterday's thunderstorm.

Yes I did. My staffs were on that flight. They supposed to travel on an earlier flight, but it was cancelled. You were piloting the plane, didn't you?

I purposely chose 081, just loooove to listen to JAPANESE FA doing the announcement.

Yes I did. My staffs were on that flight. They supposed to travel on an earlier flight, but it was cancelled. You were piloting the plane, didn't you?

I purposely chose 081, just loooove to listen to JAPANESE FA doing the announcement.

haha, how I wish...nope, I am not a pilot. i saw it from inside the car while traveling from KK to Putatan along the highway...Regarding the new 'Rimba' lounges, the lounges got views of tarmac and the sea?

A good friend of mine traveled through the Domestic Golden Lounge in KUL and informed me about some renovation works that are currently undergoing at the lounge.

P1040326.jpg

P1040327.jpg

The buffet station and noodle bar have been closed down and the meals are now being served on some tables near the window.

P1040325.jpg

The renovation works also include the urinal cubicles LOL.

Will the Domestic Golden Lounge in KUL getting the 'Rimba' makeover?

Thanks Azizul for your regular snippets and updates on the inner going-ons at MH - more like our very own Berita MAS.

Good to see the renovation at the Domestic lounge, but it wasnt really that bad - the Satellite Lounge is in more dire need of a refurb, as the wear & tear is a lot more obvious.

Btw, anybody have photos of the latest BKI lounge? There was a small mention of it with 2 photos in the Aug-10 Going Places mag.

mid-July during my last trip to BKI, the new lounge was not yet in service, maybe it will be opened somewhere in August (this was what the lounge personnel told me).

Thanks Azizul for your regular snippets and updates on the inner going-ons at MH - more like our very own Berita MAS.

LOL thanks Mushrif. I can't do it without the help of my friends, spies, insiders and of course, the infamous MH Rumour Department. *wink*

Some updates from the renovation works of the Domestic Golden Lounge at KUL, courteousy of another close friend of mine who happened to travel through the Main Terminal Building recently.

P1040339.jpg

P1040340.jpg

P1040337.jpg

Construction partitions are all stacked up around the entire buffet area. The renovation however does not include the seating/TV area in the middle of the lounge (the one near the entrance to the washrooms and praying rooms) and the Steadler's Creative Kids Corner.

P1040335.jpg

P1040336.jpg

The urinal cubicles are all fixed up but now some of the shower rooms can't be used.

Speaking of shower rooms in MH Golden Lounges, there is one very famous shower room inside this lounge with a graffiti that has been the talk of the town since the past few months. Literally everyone knows about it!

P1040334.jpg

P1040277.jpg

The graffiti says "MP Kinabatangan Bung Moktar gila, Zie Zie gatal, malu kita orang Sabah" (translation: MP Kinabatangan Bung Moktar is crazy, Zie Zie is a slut, shame on us Sabahan). I am not quite sure why it is still there but sources within MH confirmed that they tried to rub it away but failed. They need to change the entire wall tiles inside the shower room to get rid of the graffiti.

I hope MH can fix this disturbing thingy fast. It is very shameful for all Malaysian (not only Sabahan) that a shower room inside a 5 star rated airline's lounge in its home airport is being vandalised like some backstreet public toilets somewhere in Chow Kit. As long as the graffiti stays there, people will think that MH does not do anything about it. Can Bung or Zizie sue MH because of this matter?

BUNG%2BDAN%2BZETTIE.jpg

*For those who are not in the know, Datuk Bung Moktar is a politician from Sabah who married a popular actress Zizie Ezzette whom is half his age without the consent of his first wife. Their marriage grabbed the nationwide headlines for being a classic Beauty and the Beast/Cinderella/Gold Digger kinda love story after playing hide and seek and in denial for quite sometimes with the press. The Syariah court however recently ruled out that Bung's second marriage with Zizie is legit.

Oh no :o ...I am very surprised by this incident, I mean really surprised...how can this be happen at an airline lounge. If this incident had occurred in some typical Malaysian public toilets, maybe that's a typical case, but in an airline lounge? Oh dear, it seems that some of us still have that third world mentality although we practically enjoy first world facilities.

Even using some sort of corrosive acid is also not work?

Great photos of the new LHR lounge. Can't wait to use it at the end of the year!

A close friend of mine passed by the Domestic Golden Lounge at MTB recently and apparently the renovation has been completed.

P1050798.jpg

P1050800.jpg

P1050803.jpg

P1050807.jpg

P1050865.jpg

It seems that there's nothing changes with the lounge! Probably the renovation done before involved wiring and plumbing related works that can't be seen through naked eyes?

Remember the 'Bung Gila/Zizie Gatal/Malu Sabahan' graffiti?

P1050806.jpg

After our sensational expose here in MalaysianWings, MH has sealed the embarrassing graffiti under some thick layer of tapes LOL. Changing the tiles would probably be too costly for our glorious 5 star airline.

Talking about Golden Lounges, do you know that the new BKI lounge has yet to be opened for pax use despite earlier announcements! Apparently, this lounge, located at/ near the original location, is at the far end of part of the terminal that has yet to be used for flights. According to MH - MAB said no.

Let's face it, this whole BKI redevelopment has turned farcical

What makes it more difficult to swallow are all those blatant empty promises of deadline after deadline, without anyone being held accountable for anything it seem

I feel sorry for all those inbound tour agents who were promised this, that and everything

Oh no :o ...I am very surprised by this incident, I mean really surprised...how can this be happen at an airline lounge. If this incident had occurred in some typical Malaysian public toilets, maybe that's a typical case, but in an airline lounge? Oh dear, it seems that some of us still have that third world mentality although we practically enjoy first world facilities.

Even using some sort of corrosive acid is also not work?

Sorry, just came across this thread...Guess what, I have seen words about Sarawak CM in the toilet in Star Parade in Alor Setar...don't ask me how and trust me...it ain't pretty those words...

I'm intrigued why MH isn't going for a unifying theme between their (new)planes and lounges ?

Certainly the cabin of those 738 don't not have that tropical feel.

Friends,

I managed to explore the newly opened Golden Lounge at BKI. Here are the photos as promised

21901449.jpg

The signage.....it is situated at the end of the terminal.

Edited by affendi osman

21901450.jpg

The entrance! No exclusive doors ala KUL lounge!

21901451.jpg

Reception area.

21901452.jpg

Lounge view! There are a few sections actually. But this photo covered at least half of the lounge.

21901453.jpg

Who played solitaire haaaa? It wasn't me! The internet zone........

21901454.jpg

Buffet spread.......

21901455.jpg

Drinks. Juice, coffee, tea, and soft drinks

21901456.jpg

Male washroom signage.

21901457.jpg

Inside the washroom

21901458.jpg

Shower cubicle!

21901459.jpg

The rimba concept shower!

21901460.jpg

Male prayer room signage

21901461.jpg

Ablution area

21901462.jpg

Praying area

21901463.jpg

The most expensive view area. A place with two views

21901464.jpg

On the left hand side is the tarmac. And Pulau Sulug can be seen from far

21901465.jpg

On the right hand side is a mountain. Is it mount Kinabalu?

21901466.jpg

Yes, it is mount Kinabalu. One can enjoy reading books with coffee on the table!

Overall, it is a nice lounge. However, domestic passengers can only enjoy domestic lounge as the international lounge is located on the different level of the terminal.

Thanks Affendi for the photos. The 'Rimba' theme is very apparent. A lot of elements from the Regional Golden Lounge at MTB and also the Golden Lounge at Heathrow T4 can be seen in the new BKI Golden Lounge. The broken marble buffet spread table reminds me of SQ's SilverKris Lounge at SIN T3. Shower rooms look identical to the one in Regional Golden Lounge MTB.

KUL domestic lounge needs major refurbishment! And the satellite lounge too!

They did some renovations for domestic recently, but only by adding hood above the buffet counter. That's all

Golden Lounge is 'out of the way'

Kota Kinabalu: Many passengers going through the Kota Kinabalu International Airport have complained about inconvenience they face ever since the Golden Lounge for First Class and Business Class travellers was relocated.

Kota Kinabalu MP, Dr Hiew King Cheu said the lounge which was originally situated at the middle of the KKIA terminal has been moved to the very end of the terminal.

Golden Lounge is 'out of the way'

Apparently, Kota Kinabalu MP claims passengers complained the distance between the new rimba lounge with the departure gates is too far (I think so too judging by the distance of it), and now he wants to discuss with the deputy transport minister to relocate the lounge to the present domestic golden lounge. What do you people say about this?. Perhaps, mr. Affendi can shed some light on his experience traveling to the new lounge and then gone to the aircraft gate in terms of distance?

So, now it is the choice between windows and distance...

Edited by Alif A. F.

The new BKI golden lounge is located at the "end of the world", which you can reach after a marathon. The irony of the location is that it is closer to the gates which will be used by AK in the future or aircraft that will not have any premium class pax, such as the Twin Otter.