MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

Countdown to AK's first A320

Radzi.. took pix of her? Any idea which route will she be deployed to? :blink:

We were way too far to take any meaningful picture, although I think Azahan did try something with his 500 mm Bigma.

AFAIK with 2 aircraft they deploy their A320s to PEN, KCH and BKI only. Another aircraft will probably not make any difference.

By next week, if you wait at the approach foom 9 till noon, I'm sure you will get all 3 airbuses.

haha,

yet to see the 3rd AAsia bus. still waiting since almost a week now :( they keep on sending AFA....

I was on AK5210 inbound from KUL yesterday (Feb 8), and I got 9M-AFC! :D

Edited by K P Tnay

I took the night flight from KLIA for my trip back to Kch, no luck either.. I was on AFA... Tried waiting for her today during her two day flights.. didn't see any black tails either.. I wonder where it went... :blink:

Sam,

currently,

3x BKI (AK5102/5103, 5104/5105, 5108/5109, 5114/5115)

4x KCH (AK5202/5203, 5208/5209, 5210/5211, 5214/5215)

1x PEN (AK6312/6313)

1x LGK (AK6304/6305)

daily.

Sam,

currently,

3x BKI (AK5102/5103, 5104/5105, 5108/5109, 5114/5115)

4x KCH (AK5202/5203, 5208/5209, 5210/5211, 5214/5215)

1x PEN (AK6312/6313)

1x LGK (AK6304/6305)

daily.

How come I didnt get to see AFC if its 4x in kch?? hmmmm.. :blink:

How come I didnt get to see AFC if its 4x in kch?? hmmmm.. :blink:

I think he ment AK A320 overall

Sorry Ignatius, wasn't 100% sure of what Sam meant, as all of AK's A320's are brand spanking new, the oldest is what pressing 2 months now!

Adrian, spot on.

Edited by Liam Gibb

i got the AFC just the other day!! Into Kuching! Sorry for quoting Dante Dris in my last reply, cause I thought he meant he was waiting for AFC in KCH.

i got the AFC just the other day!! Into Kuching! Sorry for quoting Dante Dris in my last reply, cause I thought he meant he was waiting for AFC in KCH.

No worries.. I know when AFC will be flying in into Kch, and that would be Jonathan's flight hehe.. Da Red Devil...

Y on hold? what happened to your camera?

I think he had to surrender them to his Sister who needs it more than he does for now =), there's the kicker.. that means he's getting a DsLR very soon.. temptation is high on him ehhe :p

I guess he is getting a DSLR soon. The only question is...........

Will he join The Force, or be lured to the Dark Side?

when is Kota Bahru being added as a 320 service?

anyone seen 9M-AFC latley, if so what route, i'm desperate to fly on it!!

I just returned from a flight to BKI and back. Both sectors were on an A320, to my surprise !!!!!

It was awesome !!!!!

I left KUL to BKI on 24/2 on AFD and returned today on AFC (Manchester United).

What a pleasant surprise.

Plane is ordinary like any other but looked more high tech than AK's other aircrafts.

:p

I just returned from a flight to BKI and back. Both sectors were on an A320, to my surprise !!!!!

It was awesome !!!!!

Plane is ordinary like any other but looked more high tech than AK's other aircrafts.

Kandiah, Guess I almost snap you and Red Devil just now LOL. I just 2 minutes too late. :p Almost catch RBA A319 also but too late too. It rolling off right after you.

It was awesome !!!!!

Kandiah,

Nice to hear you enjoyed the European product in AK's service ;)

Kandiah, Guess I almost snap you and Red Devil just now LOL. I just 2 minutes too late. :p Almost catch RBA A319 also but too late too. It rolling off right after you.

Adrian,

It was amazing coz AK 5109 was delayed to 1800hours and my flight (AK5113) was scheduled at 1810hours; ten minutes apart. However, AK 5109 (B737) had some technical glitch and left after us, but unsure how long after. I saw the BI A319 land from Terminal 2 and it was nice to see something different from the AK and MH flights usually seen there. I was also impressed with the traffic in BKI; amazing!!!!!!

Kandiah,

Nice to hear you enjoyed the European product in AK's service ;)

Yes Pieter !!!!

I like the A320 and A319 although the ones I have been on are pretty cramped. But the BA A320 that I travelled on after meeting you in AMS was superb. It was very comfy and elegant!!!!!

The AK A320 is also good as mentioned but too cramped.

:D

Adrian,

It was amazing coz AK 5109 was delayed to 1800hours and my flight (AK5113) was scheduled at 1810hours; ten minutes apart. However, AK 5109 (B737) had some technical glitch and left after us, but unsure how long after. I saw the BI A319 land from Terminal 2 and it was nice to see something different from the AK and MH flights usually seen there. I was also impressed with the traffic in BKI; amazing!!!!!!

The AK733 left around 1820-1840. And I got it on video LOL. It was quite a rush-rush take-off. Taxi....Turn...Before exact center line up...whine full throttle! Kandiah, you should come to BKI and go spotting :p The wooden fence is wide gapped and enough to stick your DSLR through. :p My point and shoot is slim enough to just put it through. :lol:

PEN is now double daily, effective 20th Feb with AFD entrance into service the same day as AK5102 to BKI.

The 2nd service is:

AK6316/AK6317. I was on the first, which was opb AFC