MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chong WT

AirAsia Delay Again!

My brother's friend who is stuying in Russia had to fly back to Bintulu due to a death in his family.My bro managed to get him on an Aeroflot flight to Bangkok from Moscow arriving at 10am 22/3, and instructed me to get his friend on a BKK-KUL-KCH-BTU flight. Called MAS as their earliest was at 2.15pm departing BKK.Found out it was RM14XX!!and i had to go to KCH ticketing counter to buy the ticket. We drove to KCH and enquire from AK ticket counter and got him as 3.15pm BKK-KUL flight which was due to arrive at LCCt at 6.20pm.then a connecting KUL-KCH at 10pm.total from BKK-KCH via KUL RM690.98...arriving at 11.45pm in KCH.At about 12pm 22/3 I got a mgs from airasia telling me their flight had been retimed to 4.35pm!!I was pissed!I know airasia is all no frills and no nothing flight but they could at least try to be on time...its painful to wait when you try to get home asap because of a death....at last he arrived at LCCT at 7.40 and was in time to catch his 10pm flight.good thing i didnt get him the earlier flight.or he might missed it.Tomorrow he is catching a KCH-BTU flight at 7.30am....my prayers goes out to him and his family... :(

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

My brother's friend who is stuying in Russia had to fly back to Bintulu due to a death in his family.My bro managed to get him on an Aeroflot flight to Bangkok from Moscow arriving at 10am 22/3, and instructed me to get his friend on a BKK-KUL-KCH-BTU flight. Called MAS as their earliest was at 2.15pm departing BKK.Found out it was RM14XX!!and i had to go to KCH ticketing counter to buy the ticket. We drove to KCH and enquire from AK ticket counter and got him as 3.15pm BKK-KUL flight which was due to arrive at LCCt at 6.20pm.then a connecting KUL-KCH at 10pm.total from BKK-KCH via KUL RM690.98...arriving at 11.45pm in KCH.At about 12pm 22/3 I got a mgs from airasia telling me their flight had been retimed to 4.35pm!!I was pissed!I know airasia is all no frills and no nothing flight but they could at least try to be on time...its painful to wait when you try to get home asap because of a death....at last he arrived at LCCT at 7.40 and was in time to catch his 10pm flight.good thing i didnt get him the earlier flight.or he might missed it.Tomorrow he is catching a KCH-BTU flight at 7.30am....my prayers goes out to him and his family... :(

I wonder what went wrong with AirAsia today, Sneeze was on a flight from BKI-Kch today also, and his flight was delayed 4hrs ... how's that.. thanks to that, I am still awake now <_ i heard alot of other ak flights today were delayed too.. anyone can shed some light here>

Anyways Kenneth, my prayers goes to your brothers friend and family as well..

Passenger load possibly, benchmark calculation for cost is probably a reason for it to be delayed...

just imagine for eg 1pm flight and 5pm flight to same destination... (both passengers incl 1pm and 5pm flight, pax less than 180, how to cut cost? delay 1 plane lahhhh..save a lot right?) what could be other reason as its the same thing everytime

my 2 cent calculation

I have realised that the last KCH-KUL flight AK5215 is consistently delayed in excess of an hr. Does anybody know why this is so? It may be due to aircraft rotation that delays during the course of the day accumulate and end up in the last flight being delayed but for this to happen every single day??

When flight are delayed, there many reason stemming from,

1) Aircraft rotation from previous flight and it is compounded on the following flight.

2) Technical problem, internally and external. When ever there is a problem the crew needs check MEL as to "Go or No-Go" or if it is possible to rectified the issue with the ground engineer.

3) Aircrafts is a machine...it is not a mystical being they do have down time unfortunately this always happen when you don't want it to!!!!

4) Would you fly in a machine that is not safe to be operated??? well the answer is NO i hope.....so are the crew!!!! My deepest sympathy to your friend, but i am sure he and his family doesn't want him to be part of the statistic????

Soo please...just because it is delayed....it doesn't mean it is done for their enjoyment

When flight are delayed, there many reason stemming from,

1) Aircraft rotation from previous flight and it is compounded on the following flight.

2) Technical problem, internally and external. When ever there is a problem the crew needs check MEL as to "Go or No-Go" or if it is possible to rectified the issue with the ground engineer.

3) Aircrafts is a machine...it is not a mystical being they do have down time unfortunately this always happen when you don't want it to!!!!

4) Would you fly in a machine that is not safe to be operated??? well the answer is NO i hope.....so are the crew!!!! My deepest sympathy to your friend, but i am sure he and his family doesn't want him to be part of the statistic????

Soo please...just because it is delayed....it doesn't mean it is done for their enjoyment

But AirAsia delay flight always because of the pax load .How you explain ?? I notice that KUL-KCH always got delay flight!!!Some how my friend want to bring this matter to parliment !!! :angry:

"But AirAsia delay flight always because of the pax load .How you explain ?? I notice that KUL-KCH always got delay flight!!!Some how my friend want to bring this matter to parliment !!! "

What do mean Pax Load????? please explain???

my advice, if you're in an emergency, don't take AK as you would regret it. better take MH as they have better on-time departure/arrival (to a certain extend that is). I've had experienced too many delay when flying with AK especially KCH-KUL, SBW-KUL and BKI-KUL route.

what's puzzle me is that, KUL-KCH, KUL-SBW, KUL-BKI etc. seems to be on-time (most of the time). :blink:

one actual scenario, happen last year in July. my flight BKI-KUL was supposed to depart at 1.05pm and another BKI-KUL flight was to depart at 4pm. my flight was delay until 4pm. then at 3.35pm TWO (2) AK A320 (9M-AFX & 9M-AFK) from KUL landed in BKI. my flight depart at the same time as the 4pm flight and arrived 10min ahead of the other flight.

Edited by Victor A.

my advice, if you're in an emergency, don't take AK as you would regret it.

i'd say don't take AK if you're traveling domestically la..but again i would also say don't take AK if you cannot stand the delays. from the looks of it, it is almost inevitable already. but only that much one can hope. but even that got exception. it's just so much to say and talk about what causes the delay. last week, one flight got delayed almost an hour when they were lack of crew, and had to wait for flight ops to find a replacement crew. 2 weeks before that, there wasn't a captain for a flight which i was doing a morning departure. delayed almost 30 minutes until 'a' captain came, i don't know if it was the scheduled one or a replacement one. but i've seen most of the flights that were delayed were due to passengers. sometimes they have to offload baggages, passengers checked in but haven't boarded the flight, boarding pass collected more than the number of seats sold. all these tiny miny 5-10 minutes delay add up throughout the whole day and most of the time, the last flight out or in are the ones affected.

from AK website it stated that on-time departure for Jan & Feb '08 are 92% & 90% respectively, are they sure about it? <_ looking forward to look at their on-time departure for march>

from AK website it stated that on-time departure for Jan & Feb '08 are 92% & 90% respectively, are they sure about it? <_ looking forward to look at their on-time departure for march>

I think so. My family use AK 2-3 times a month, domestically and internationally. In most cases our planes were on time or early. We have no problem. :)

Need to look into the exact definitions. "Retimed" (a euphemism for delays) flights may have been considered as departing on-time if it departed within 15mins of the retimed departure.

But AirAsia delay flight always because of the pax load .How you explain ?? I notice that KUL-KCH always got delay flight!!!Some how my friend want to bring this matter to parliment !!! :angry:

Why bring the case to the parliament?

Last week, one flight got delayed almost an hour when they were lack of crew, and had to wait for flight ops to find a replacement crew. 2 weeks before that, there wasn't a captain for a flight which i was doing a morning departure. delayed almost 30 minutes until 'a' captain came, i don't know if it was the scheduled one or a replacement one.

Is AK short of tech crew? And I heard the revised pay is quite generous.....

As for delays, if the transit time can be scheduled a litle bit longer, then delays can be absorbed during transit. But I'm sure management will never listen. That applies to all Malaysian airlines, I'd say. :angry:

Why bring the case to the parliament?

I was about to ask the same... why?? AirAsia not under Govt what <_>

I was about to ask the same... why?? AirAsia not under Govt what <_>

Maybe some one inside is 1 of the share holder :lol:

Is AK short of tech crew? And I heard the revised pay is quite generous.....

RM195 p/hr is more than generous i guess? but nevermind that, i don't know if they're short of tech crew, maybe capt azmir can shed some light? i think that incident was more to a no-show rather than shortage of crew.

RM195 p/hr is more than generous i guess? but nevermind that, i don't know if they're short of tech crew, maybe capt azmir can shed some light? i think that incident was more to a no-show rather than shortage of crew.

Maybe the captain huha huha too much until he forgotten his on duty the next day.. hence the no show?? kekeke..

Maybe the captain huha huha too much until he forgotten his on duty the next day.. hence the no show?? kekeke..

Qu@©k... :spiteful: :rofl:

haha,thats a goodone.Unfortunately,cant answer that for the moment,the said incident happened when I was doing my Base cx recently.From what Ive heard from flt ops,indeed flt ops dept is having a slight problem with tech crew manning,a lot of the A320 capts are busting their annual (1000) hours limits,and at the same time even the A330 crews are having a tight crew scheduling but this will soon be partly remedied with the online training of new crews soon,and also new crews will be coming online in the next few weeks or so on the A320 fleet,new crews coming from MAS,TH and RMAF.

I seriously hope thoe RMAF crews don't pull tight turns when they get their hands on the busses sticks!!! :lol:

Sign in to follow this