MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ibrahim

Malaysia Airlines Cadets in Sydney, Australia

The first group of Malaysia Airlines Cadets have arrived in Sydney, Australia and have commenced training towards their Private Pilot Licence. All the members of the group seem to have settled in well and are moving ahead with their first phase of training, the Basic Aeronautical Knowledge (BAK) course. Once the BAK course is completed the Cadets will commence the Flight Rules & Procedures theory course and begin flying training.

The cadets have also managed to take in some restaurants and sights of Sydney. Their first meal out in Sydney was in a selected Malaysian restaurant where they met Barry Diamond, Sydney Flight Training Centre (SFTC) CEO and Principal for the first time. They also met a couple of the SFTC staff and instructors and were joined by Vince their bus driver and, of course, Melissa Diamond who spent the first week with the Cadets but has now returned to Malaysia to begin working on the next group of Cadets.

The Cadet's first day off studies was spent going to prayers and sightseeing around Sydney. They saw icons such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and spent time shopping and walking around areas of such as The Rocks and Circular Quay and ended the day breaking their fast at another specially chosen Malaysian restaurant in Lane Cove, just north of the City.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

http://www.sydneyflighttraining.com.au

Are they just going to send their cadets to SYD ?

CX and EK send theirs to ADL.

12763[/snapback]

REALLY?

Why would they do that when they have a brand-spanking new training facility in Dubai? blink.gif

SIA and CZ have their own facilities here at Jandakot, just south of Perth...near Sandeep's Mrs' place  tongue.gif

12836[/snapback]

Sandeep's Mrs' place ??

REALLY?

Why would they do that when they have a brand-spanking new training facility in Dubai?

Imagine flying in the desert with all the thermals man. And Australian summer sux, all kind of flies and bugs.

Why MAS send cadets to Sydney? MFA and LATC(HM Aerospace) cant afford the amount of cadets? Why?

12920[/snapback]

Well, as im a ex-student of MFA. MFA is totally full. currently there is 7 MAS batch. 3 Air Asia Batch and 4 Private student batch. Even, at the flight ops. priority are given to them. 4 A/c booked for them. they have to finish on time. but no doubt...they're smart looking and at the same standard.

As For LATC.....im not sure..but i heard...something about internal problem. nott soo sure guys.

Okay why MFa cant afford? not enough a/c. class? Even...the class that we use to do for our briefing of flight preparation, we had to give up that class for the MAS batch.

Okay why MFa cant afford? not enough a/c. class? Even...the class that we use to do for our briefing of flight preparation, we had to give up that class for the MAS batch.

16426[/snapback]

You r no MAS batch? You r private one or Air Asia's? blink.gif

waooo blink.gif are you a Girl Moana.. now working as what ??

16536[/snapback]

yeah am a girl. just gradutaed from MFA. Now waiting for a job. MH? AK? Transmile... still on pending. right now...just wasting my time away...while studying on my own on a320's system... and 73's. from my seniors who's already working.

Good on those who were sent to Syd. get to experience something different. Btw,do they need to do any conversions when they return to Malaysia?

16499[/snapback]

Do they need? Those CAL batch (China Airlines cadets) didnt do need to do so if not mistaken..i read their diary in internet..never heard that b4..or license from AUS recognised by Taiwan? blink.gif

MinChun,

i think it depends on DCA people. it's them who says yes or no. I was told by MFA staffs that i'll need to do conversions(all papers re-sit) if i hold foreign licences because DCA doesnt recognize any foreign licence without doing conversions except for UKCAA licences(juz need to do HP or Met papers). but that was 3yrs ago. things might change now. smile.gif

So usually 1 batch how many chinese?

16819[/snapback]

ooh..i think there's not a certain number of chinese cadet in one batch..depend on number of chinese apply for cadet and depends on MAS who control it too..Cheers! cool.gif

S Chang, re-sit all paper? Then wasted ur time and energy sitting paper in foreign country.. mad.gif ..so Malaysia better. laugh.gif

Sign in to follow this