MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Lim

SIA Suffers Another Engine Problem

Singapore Airlines reports engine trouble, lands safely in Japan

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:01 AM

TOKYO (AP) - A Singapore Airlines jet shut down one of its two engines after suffering mechanical trouble Monday but landed safely in Japan, transportation officials said. There were no injuries reported.

The Boeing 777-200 plane, flying from Singapore to Nagoya, reported the engine trouble about 30 minutes before arriving, said Yasuki Shigeno, a Transport Ministry official at the Central Japan International Airport.

The plane landed with only one engine operating, but none of the 210 passengers and crew members was injured, and there was no damage to the plane, Shigeno said.

Airline officials were investigating the cause of the trouble and were to report to the Transport Ministry, he said.

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=7626246

Guess SQ may has to consider to suspend all 777 flights for a few days .....

Probably bring the airline to its knees instead !!

However, LeeCH may appreciate the few days rest ? :)

Guess SQ may has to consider to suspend all 777 flights for a few days to break the statistical spike.

:drinks:

So wouldn't you say this is attributed to the fault of their Malaysian engineers in SQ as well since you claimed that the success of SIA relies heavily on Malaysian within SQ? :drinks:

Remember there should be a fair share of credit and blame too. :D

Edited by S V Choong

So wouldn't you say this is attributed to the fault of their Malaysian engineers in SQ as well since you claimed that the success of SIA relies heavily on Malaysian within SQ? :drinks:

Remember there should be a fair share of credit and blame too. :D

If Malaysian engineer can be accountable for these multiple T7 engine shut down; by SQ culture, his nationality will be made known and all blame will be on him. :sorry:

:drinks:

A friend of mine services the a-c of SQ T7s... If many of the SQ engineers are people like him, it's no surprise to me faults occur frequently to their airplanes... :p

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Guest Michael

Let me think now, with MAS getting new planes the technology will be better than SIA can offer.

Let me think now, with MAS getting new planes the technology will be better than SIA can offer.

If MH is going for A380 - SQ has them, if MH is going for 777-300ER - SQ has them too.

How do you think MH offers better technology than SIA?? :rolleyes:

How could MAS ever be better than SIA with respect to number of new and latest technologically advanced airplanes in the fleet at any given period. It never has been so in the history post MSA.

Edited by Rozhan

The reality is SQ is streets ahead of the competition when it comes to almost everything. MH is a distant....make that light years behind. Commercial performance, product delivery, network and routes, management independence, airplane age etc, SQ is better in all these areas. Even when it comes to media management, they have the whole country behind them.

Their Comms people are damn sharp. They managed to headline a Nationality rather than an Airline in a mishap.

Notice I did not mention safety. And I did not miss this out. And safety is not just about pilot or engineer quality. I also missed out on the Cabin Crew.

Sometimes its good to be the underdog.

As to this topic, these failures cannot be blamed on the engineers. If its technical in nature, then it may be Engineering. Engineers are only a component of Engineering. There can be many reasons, including management policies, so gotta be careful before just simply 'tembak'.

Edited by Nik H.

Guest Michael

Yeh true I guess, I am coming up business class for my holiday in April, will they have noise cancelling headsets for my trip does anybody know?

Probably bring the airline to its knees instead !!

However, LeeCH may appreciate the few days rest ? :)

Haha. I just finished my one week resting in Hokkaido. Funny I never hear a single bit of thing about the NGO landing in Japan media. Maybe I am too far and remote away.

Bring airline to it's knees? I dun think so. Losing ETOPS certification. Almost there already.

Sign in to follow this