MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nik H.

Wanna Fly a Plane?

Capt Nik.

Thanks for the arrangements. :clapping: :good:

Is Mar 1st a confirmed flying date? Would there be another briefing for the Mar 1st batch?

Hi Capt Nik,

how about the 1 March session? or would there only be 1session which is on 23march? :sorry: :(

I believe some of our members will be in Singapore on 23march for the singapore international air show as its the only time open to public(not all come as trader visitors)

regards,

-Yohan-

Sorry sorry for the very late reply!!! 23rd is ok but the briefing, erm i think i have to skip coz i'm travelling from PEN.. So, see u guys on 23rd!! Thanks a lot Capt Nik!!

Victor

Nik, is it too late if i tell u that one of my fren is interested to join as a flyer? He's not an MW member, but he's very keen to join...

Nik, is it too late if i tell u that one of my fren is interested to join as a flyer? He's not an MW member, but he's very keen to join...

Jerry, your GF ka??

"OT

Seen Jerry's Frienster Bulletins?

KAAKKAKAKAKAK joking Jerry

cilaka!

LOL....! :rofl: :rofl:

Did not expect u to even read it! hahaha....

I was so bored to receive such fwd bulletins which flood my bulletin board EVERYDAY! All sent by girls who are so bored - nothing to do!

So i decided to improvise by modifying them - at least it kills my boredness!

But I did say that i was joking, didn't i?? :p :P :p

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

OT"

KS Ong wrote

Capt Nik.

Thanks for the arrangements.

Is Mar 1st a confirmed flying date? Would there be another briefing for the Mar 1st batch?

mohd nassir wrote

Hi Capt Nik,

how about the 1 March session? or would there only be 1session which is on 23march?

I believe some of our members will be in Singapore on 23march for the singapore international air show as its the only time open to public(not all come as trader visitors)

regards,

-Yohan-

Sorry but 1st march I have a do for an orphanage. We'll see how 23rd event goes and will plan for another flying session for Mwingers.

Jerry ang wrote

Please post details for consideration as this is a Mwing unofficial event.

The Latest Update

The Flying Date is confirmed on Saturday, 23rd of February 2008.

1. Wilson 23rd

2. David C 23rd

3. KK Lee 23rd

4. Mohammed Nasir 1st mar

5. Viktor A. 23rd

6. Walter Sim 23rd

7. Diadrian 23rd

8. Azuan Zaidi 23rd

9. Kelvin L 23rd

10. Irni 23rd

11. Jerry Ang 23rd

12. Chen Tzy Wen 23rd

13. Teo Z. Yao 23rd

14. Razlizam 23rd

15. PC Yuen 23rd

16. Meor 23rd

17. Hafizul 23rd

18. Victor Goh 23rd

19. Alan B 1st

20. KS Ong 1st

21 Nicholas 1st

22. Mohd Yohan 1st

23. Kevin Teh 1st

24. TW Teo 1st

25. M. Yohan 1st

26. Saadiah TBC

27. Andy TBC

28. TK TBC

29. LeeCH n/a

Event Photographers

1. Norman 23rd

2. Gavin 23rd

3. Chong H.V. 23rd

Contributing Photographers

1. Attan 23rd

2. Jonathan Kong N/A

Briefing Contributor

Capt Norhisham Kassim. (MH B777 Captain) 23rd

We will be joined by Major ( RTD ) Zainal Abidin Aidid, a Malaysian DCA Flt Ops Director, who is an old friend of mine going back 37 years. He will do some flying duties on that day. He was formerly based in Kuantan flying the CL41G Tebuan before going on to the F5, based in Kuantan. After that he worked with SME Aviation as the Test Pilot flying and developing the MD3 Aerotiga before joining DCA in his present position.

At this moment the tally looks as follows;

18 Flyers, 3 Photographers and 2 Contributor2 ( Total 22 ) are available on the 23rd.

7 Flyers ( Total 6 ) are available on the 1st.

3 Flyers and 1 Contributor ( Total 4 ) are yet to confirm the dates.

Another comprehensive post will follow by Tuesday to finalise details for the briefing and for the event.

Cheers.

Edited by Nik H.

"OT

cilaka!

LOL....! :rofl: :rofl:

Did not expect u to even read it! hahaha....

I was so bored to receive such fwd bulletins which flood my bulletin board EVERYDAY! All sent by girls who are so bored - nothing to do!

So i decided to improvise by modifying them - at least it kills my boredness!

But I did say that i was joking, didn't i?? :p :P :p

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

OT"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I had nothing to do too that time! nah knew you were joking!!

Capt Nik,

Do you still need my help for the notes stuff, do give me a notice a day ahead :D

Thanks!

Edited by Walter Sim

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I had nothing to do too that time! nah knew you were joking!!

Capt Nik,

Do you still need my help for the notes stuff, do give me a notice a day ahead :D

Thanks!

Walter, Tuesday is a good day. Call me at my office +60378403331 at about 0930 hrs.

TQ

Can't wait to fly.. Hehehe.. Bought myself a box of Koko Crunch, came with a free gift of Simulator, quite fun. haha!!

Just wondering guys, anyone can drop me at my friend's house at Petaling Jaya after the events (23rd)? Just asking, just in case some1 stays nearby.. Hehe..

See ya all!!

Cheers!

Victor

Just curious, Nik. During this flight, I believe even licence-less 'flight participant' gets to handle the controls of the plane. Is this legal? For a car, say, a non-licence holder is not supposed to handle the steering wheel (even L holder needs a licensed instructor next to him/her). 7.gif

Its a dual control aircraft flown under private category. And the Captain or the licensed pilot of the aircraft is still in control of the aircraft and has not relinquished command to the unlicensed participant.

Flying is not just about physical control of the aircraft. Its about overall control. Hence it is not illegal.

Just curious, Nik. During this flight, I believe even licence-less 'flight participant' gets to handle the controls of the plane. Is this legal? For a car, say, a non-licence holder is not supposed to handle the steering wheel (even L holder needs a licensed instructor next to him/her). 7.gif

The mention of "flight participant" is already self explanatory. There are flying clubs offering such flights which they called "introduction flights" for the public to experience first time real flying on light aircrafts and usually it can be costly too. There shall be no full intervention of flight controls by the 'flight participant' inflight and the Commander will be in full control all the time. That is why the preflight briefing is very important.

... That is why the preflight briefing is very important.

So are you implying this 'preflight briefing' to be as good as a car's L licence already, i.e. allowing a licenceless fellow to handle controls?

When I took my driving licence in Aust many2 yrs ago, it was a dual-control car. The instructor next to me had the brake and clutch pedals too. I remember when I tried to dash across a T-junction once, the car did not respond - the instructor grinned at me and said, you would not make it, so I took over. :-)

Anyway in a plane is it as 'easy' for the captain to take over if something does not look right?

Anyway in a plane is it as 'easy' for the captain to take over if something does not look right?

"Taking over / Handing over" is one of the first lesson in flying training.

sorry for late reply capt i cant make it on the 23..coz i am on training at that date..well i will be free for the march slot.

So are you implying this 'preflight briefing' to be as good as a car's L licence already, i.e. allowing a licenceless fellow to handle controls?

This particular preflight briefing is not for the purpose of making us as good as a car's L license. Not even near to be a student pilot already. There are do's and don'ts to be explained to the participants as well, besides other relevant informations. Please scroll back to Nik's earlier posts and we can see what it is all about. Hope this helps.

This particular preflight briefing is not for the purpose of making us as good as a car's L license. Not even near to be a student pilot already. There are do's and don'ts to be explained to the participants as well, besides other relevant informations. Please scroll back to Nik's earlier posts and we can see what it is all about. Hope this helps.

I understand this well, the only thing ironic I find: to handle a car or a bike, one needs legal papers, but to handle a plane, one does not it as long as there is a commander.

Btw this story comes to mind: http://edition.cnn.com/US/9604/11/pilot.wrap/index.html

I understand this well, the only thing ironic I find: to handle a car or a bike, one needs legal papers, but to handle a plane, one does not it as long as there is a commander.

Btw this story comes to mind: http://edition.cnn.com/US/9604/11/pilot.wrap/index.html

It seems clear that from the report, weather was the main factor, not experience. In such circumstances, a take off should not even be attempted in the first place.

Naim, you should join in and see for yourself just how much safer it is in a dual controlled aircraft as compared to a car having 'L' licensed driver at the controls.

In some cases, being licensed to drive is akin to being given a license to kill given the standard of road etiquette here.

BTW, the FAA concern that arose following the Jessica accident came to nothing.

Naim, you should join in and see for yourself just how much safer it is in a dual controlled aircraft as compared to a car having 'L' licensed driver at the controls.

In some cases, being licensed to drive is akin to being given a license to kill given the standard of road etiquette here.

BTW, the FAA concern that arose following the Jessica accident came to nothing.

Hehehe ... thanks for invite, Nik, but I'll give it a pass this time. In the good old days, over the huge red desert of central Australia, I once found myself in the flight deck of a cruising 747-200, and we touched the yoke to demo the autopilot. A bit only lah.

Btw my concern is more on innocent ppl and properties on the ground. :D

Edited by Naim