MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Colin Parker

White and blue 743 in KUL?

On thursday evening arriving into KUL I noticed in the lefthand side of the MH hangar a 747-300 with P&W engines. It has dark blue engines, a dark blue tail with some sort of an elongated white logo and titles in an alternate light and dark font. When I passed through on saturday morning, the hangar was empty and I could not see the plane anywhere.

Does anyone know what I saw? It did not resemble anything I recognised. A Hadj charter perhaps?

Thanks!

No I didn't see the said aircraft, but it can't be a hajj charter as this year all hajj flights were on SV and MH equipment, and also hajj season was finished almost 2 weeks ago.

yep..saw the mentioned aircraft in the new MAS hangar around the wee hrs on Wednesday morning...its not Air Atlanta/Air Bridge Cargo..the tail design reminds me of Qantas..but with small kangaroo n dark blue in colour...i do have a picture...but its way to small...perhaps u guys can see it in the photo below?

DSC08614.jpg

Yes thats the one!!!

Definately not Airbridge and definately not Air Atlanta, although I do not believe they have any 743s painted with blue engines anyway. Any contacts in MH Engineering? I would be very interested to know about this one!

I realized it wasn't a 743, but I'm more referring to the color scheme. Reading the 5th post again, I am probably wrong :D

Edited by jani

Was onboard SQ116 27Jan, approaching @ RW32L

What I recalled is......

Saw an aircraft that resembled a B747 airframe, inside the hangar, with blank white tail & blue fuselage (KLM like)....

But the most intriguing thing is even the wings and the flaps are completely painted in blue :o

Hope someone shed some light & some pix appreciated.

Many Thanks

Definately not Focus Air.

Maybe the KLM-like 747-300 is actually the 742SUD which has been stored in Jakarta for a few years? Has that become what I saw?

GMG airlines is supposed to be getting 743s soon, but it was not their scheme. Any ideas?

Sign in to follow this