MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH's Routes Changes in January 2008

Got this pic from another thread. Copyright Rozhan.

MATF02.jpg

I wonder how they draw up this map... are these plans for real?! :unknw: Looks like MH is seeking to operate hub and spoke strategy via new hubs in LAX, EWR, GRU, EZE, JNB, MRU, NBO, THR, TAS, SVO/DME, NRT, The Gulf, China, India. To achieve a global network on this magnitude without being in an alliance will not be easy to say the least!

Edited by Keno Omar

MAS and their hub and spoke strategy. They proudly proclaim this slogan to all Malaysians as though we are stupid. Hub and spoke strategies are nothing new. Look at QF, BA and EK. Doing it on a much smaller scale will not help MAS to bring the passengers in.

Lets hope they don't sell anymore LHR slots. I suppose they can sell off the 14 slots, get some hard cash and then operate to LGW instead. Are they testing the waters now with their seasonal flights??? I wonder.... hmmm

I can't but help be impressed with the (purported) intensity of Malaysian Hospitality on offer over at the US of A !! :p More impressive than the very extensive trans-pacific and trans-atlantic services - really beyond expectation/imagination ! :rolleyes:

..... I suppose they can sell off the 14 slots, get some hard cash and then operate to LGW instead. Are they testing the waters now with their seasonal flights??? I wonder.... hmmm
That should go some way in ensuring BTP2 financial KPI success, at least for a couple of years ? :) Scary when one thinks about it - and it can happen too, before one is aware ! :( Edited by BC Tam

Guys, don't be deceived by the picture. That route map is inclusive of codeshare, INTERLINE/SPA and freight destinations. You can get one from Going Places February 2008 issue.

Yes, I agree it's quite misleading. I never see any route map from any carrier in the world that includes its INTERLINE/SPA destinations. Aren't any legacy airline like MH has interline agreement with almost all carriers in the world? Of course lah the route map will look impressive like that.

I wonder how they draw up this map... are these plans for real?! :unknw: Looks like MH is seeking to operate hub and spoke strategy via new hubs in LAX, EWR, GRU, EZE, JNB, MRU, NBO, THR, TAS, SVO/DME, NRT, The Gulf, China, India. To achieve a global network on this magnitude without being in an alliance will not be easy to say the least!

MAS and their hub and spoke strategy. They proudly proclaim this slogan to all Malaysians as though we are stupid. Hub and spoke strategies are nothing new. Look at QF, BA and EK. Doing it on a much smaller scale will not help MAS to bring the passengers in.

This is spin and misleading! :angry:

I can't but help be impressed with the (purported) intensity of Malaysian Hospitality on offer over at the US of A !! :p More impressive than the very extensive trans-pacific and trans-atlantic services - really beyond expectation/imagination ! :rolleyes:

When one is an empty vessel.... MH likes to pretend what it's not.

Guys, don't be deceived by the picture. That route map is inclusive of codeshare, INTERLINE/SPA and freight destinations. You can get one from Going Places February 2008 issue.

Yes, I agree it's quite misleading. I never see any route map from any carrier in the world that includes its INTERLINE/SPA destinations. Aren't any legacy airline like MH has interline agreement with almost all carriers in the world? Of course lah the route map will look impressive like that.

The 'accused' (of being misleading) route map.

MHRouteMap3.jpgMHRouteMap1_0001.jpgMHRouteMap1.jpg

Quite a number of mistakes on MH's current route too.

I reckon Idris Jala knows MAS better than what we do now.

Nope. There is at least one member here who has worked his way up the ranks in MAS over the last few decades, both as flying member and at management level. He would know the ins and outs of MAS better I reckon !

Nope. There is at least one member here who has worked his way up the ranks in MAS over the last few decades, both as flying member and at management level. He would know the ins and outs of MAS better I reckon !

Concur with you.

But we must admit IJ&co do know better how to achieve their KPI.

:drinks:

This is spin and misleading! :angry:

I've never come across airlines that show routes of interlining partners. Alliance partners are different. This is pure spin! :angry:

Berjaya Air has interlining agreement with VS (according to their website). Imagine their tiny route network superimposed on VS global network, see how ridiculous that sounds?

hahaha... it is pure spin and nothing more. we should just combine more carriers route network to show how MAS flies to every destination in the world. how embarassing.

Well Azizul. I've seen it in NWA inflight Magazine. They show all Skyteam carrier destinations and I think they includes its interline destinations cause it shows MH routes too.

Edited by Jessnor Arif

MH also interlines with SQ & EK, so MH could (kalau tak malu) also include SQ's and EK's routes to make the route map even more super-duper impressive to the uninitiated. Opps...it had already done that with EK...how tak malu.

And of all interline partners, MH chooses the likes of Biman!

Actually, NWA and United also have maps of similar nature in their magazine. Actually is you observe properly, the network of MAS, Garuda and Korean Air is all meshed into the already crowded network of lines criss crossing each other on NWA's magazine. Airlines like AA, America West, US Air etc prefer to show ALL their destinations represented by a dot on the map without joining them up with lines, once again, including the destinations of their partners.

The 'accused' (of being misleading) route map.

MHRouteMap3.jpgMHRouteMap1_0001.jpgMHRouteMap1.jpg

Quite a number of mistakes on MH's current route too.

What are the mistakes? I am curious...

the virtual alliance sounds nice. lets hope the passengers don't get too clever and realise they are being cheated! :)

What are the mistakes? I am curious...

I see 'Domectic'.....!

Izanee, those logos remind me to book tickets at MATTA Fair in March soon :) I'm sure SQ and TG will delight me with their inflight products and services. My last trip to Bangkok on TG's B777, I was served food on fine china.