MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sing Yew

Any possibility of regular scheduled flights ?

From MH's website:

Media Release

14 Oct, 2005

MALAYSIA AILRLINES’ 100TH CHARTER FLIGHT TO GUILIN

KLIA, 14 October 2005: Malaysia Airlines clocked yet another milestone in its Guilin charter series services when the 100th Guilin Charter flight, MH8848, departed KLIA to Guilin today.

Speaking at the departure ceremony, Mr. Phang Pow Ing, General Manager Sales said,” We are delighted that the Guilin charter achieves its 100th flight today. This is the first time in Malaysia Airlines’ history that charter flights into a single destination have reached such a remarkable figure. It is a clear demonstration of the potential of charter business and the levels of trust and confidence we share with our business partners Guilin China Travel Service, a subsidiary of China Travel Service Group and Meriah Teguh Travel of Malaysia.”

Mr Wu Chun, General Manager, China Travel Services, Miss Linda Lee, Managing Director of Meriah Teguh Travel Malaysia and Captain Nik Huzlan, Assist General Manager Charter Services Malaysia Airlines were also present at the departure lounge to witness the departure of the flight.

In a simple yet joyous ceremony, passengers on MH8848 were delighted when the Malaysia Airlines’ crew went round distributing mementos before they board the flight.

Charter markets in Malaysia have increased substantially following the formation of a dedicated Charter Department within Malaysia Airlines. Apart from regular charters to Guilin, Malaysia Airlines has operated charter flights on request basis to places such as Haiaou, Nanning, WuHan, HangZhou, Urumqi, Shenzhen and ShenYang etc in China as well as other countries.

Footnote:

Guilin is located in Southern China, midway between Guangzhou and Kunming. It is famous for its mountains and lakes. The charter agreement between Malaysia Airlines and Guilin China Travel Service came into effect in May 2003 with a weekly service from 06 September 2003 using a B737-400 aircraft. On 10 April 2004, Malaysia Airlines signed an agreement to operate a second series of charter flights with Guilin Municipal Tourism Bureau committing a total of 62 twice weekly B737-400 flights for the year 2004.

In recognition for the airline’s effort in promoting tourism in Guangxi, the Guangxi Province Tourism Bureau presented Malaysia Airlines with the “Guangxi Tourism Special Contribution Award” on 23 August 2005.

Issued by:

Media Relations/Corporate Communications Department

Malaysia Airlines, Kuala Lumpur

MH will be starting their scheduled flight into Guilin this November or December (if i'm not mistaken).

Apparently that planned new scheduled service to Guilin & Shenzhen for this Nov/Dec have been put on hold indefinitely, along with the proposed new Indian cities sad.gif.

but whats the reason...

10739[/snapback]

new CEO (with different opinion) ???

Apparently that planned new scheduled service to Guilin & Shenzhen for this Nov/Dec have been put on hold indefinitely, along with the proposed new Indian cities sad.gif.

10644[/snapback]

Ahh....... mad.gif I have been waiting for the Shenzhen service, so that I don't have to go to Hong Kong if I want to fly MH (Guangzhou is a bit far and inconvenient from where I live). Looks like I will have to continue flying Shenzhen Airlines for all my home trips.

new CEO (with different opinion) ???

10784[/snapback]

This sadly reflects how things are normally done in our country (not confined to MH alone) - anyone new coming into a position of authority and things MUST change for change's sake, irrespective of the cost of undoing what has already been planned.

Not that I'm advocating MH remain status quo, but then what do I know .............

Sign in to follow this