MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Khushwant

SIA Cadet Pilot's

Hi all, did anyone apply for the SIA cadet pilot thingy online at the SIA website recently? N e one got called or received an email getting called for interviews or does n e one have an idea when will they do so? coz i know there is an interview for cabin crew's in KL somewhere in Dec and Jan. so am just wondering...thanks

Hi there,

I also applied for the Cadet Pilot(Kuala Lumpur)........actually my details were already there since I applied online sometime in July this year..meaning this is the 2nd time I've applied for SIA....i'm not sure on what interview it will be..maybe acceptance to start with the psyc.... since from what my I know the whole process would be something like this :

Psychomotor -> Psychometric test -> interview -> medical checkup

http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/MAIN/ca...l/workbench.cfm

now im waiting patiently for my phone to ring :rolleyes: wish me luck :drinks: and good luck to those who applied too :drinks:

Hi guys,

I've applied for it too.. Well, same like both of you, still patiently waiting for a fond reply while facing hell in AK. Hahaha.. Have you guys tried for any other airline besides SQ? I heard MH has got quite a good deal, but yet i'm not sure if they are open for intake this year. Anyway, no harm trying..

BTW, i've applied for the PEN cadet pilot interview, not KUL. For SQ, i think so their first stage is interview rather than Psychomotor. Not too sure.

Regards,

Victor

p/s: Good luck ya!!

Edited by Victor Goh

aah...in AK...thats great and why ur having hell? coz closer up there? lol...yea I dont know about MAS intakes and stuff like that...think will just send in an application though. yes ur right about the first stage of test at SIA. oh well, lets patiently wait for a reply i guess...its a killing game though...keep us updated in case u have n e idea of what is happening bro...

thanks and good luck to u too on that

i have a question to those who applied,

its stated that one needs at least a degree or STPM,

what is your level then? STPM? Degree? (If degree, in what field?)

i think its either STPM OR Engineering... but i think preference wil lbe given to candidates with higher level of qualifications and work experiences ( related or not)...thats what i think...but the waiting game is killing...

Hey guys,

Just add some infor here for anyone who is attending the interviews.

The first round interview in KL/Penang will be conducted by a management captain and a senior staff member from HR (Flt Ops). Last time they used the Concorde hotel in Jalan SI. The conference rooms were set up to have a table where the two interviewers sit and a chair in the middle of the room by itself where you sit, (after being invited to sit down of course).

Before you are called in, there is a registration event. Be EARLY - then you can knock out your interview early too.. sitting around and waiting can make you more nervous in my opinion, so try be early.

For the registration, bring ALL your supporting documents originals and 3-4 copies IN CASE they require - i.e. be PREPARED! Also bring many passport sized photographs of yourself. Be prepared to be weighed and height measurement taken. Fill in the various forms correctly, if unsure, do ask politely for assistance. They start eyeing you the minute you walk in the door.

Whilst waiting, if you have interview preparation notes, do read them, BUT My advice to you is to not single yourself out, do mingle with the other candidates and talk about football and flying! :) This really reflects well.

The first interview itself will be a number of questions such as the typical "why you want to be a pilot?" "what type of plane is this?","what are your ambitions if you become a pilot?" "what is a pilot and what are his responsibilities?" "Why not MAS or AirAsia - Why SIA?" questions perhaps about your family.. are you an "introvert" or "extrovert". Be confident, answer them to the best of your ability - make sure you make good eye contact Don't fidget with your hands. sit up straight and have good posture.

When the interview is over, they may ask "As a Malaysian, you would possibly be second in line for promotions to Singaporeans, can you accept that" - ANSWER YES! IT'S NOT A TRICK QUESTION. "You would be bonded for 5-7 years and have to pay back the bonded sum over that time, are you acceptable to that?" "YES I AM!" These two questions are basically major hints that you've made it to Singapore for the next round!

In Singapore, bring all the documents again and you will go through the psychomotor testing (2-3 hours first) before the last interview before a panel of 4-5 Captains, HR staff, Psychologist etc etc. Then the Tea Party - TALK HERE! ASK ANY QUESTION ABOUT FLYING YOU MAY HAVE, engage in conversation with the panel. Don't drink the beer, there's usually enough for the Captains - take the Coca Cola :) hehehe Then sit tight and wait for the medical attendee's list the following day. If you make the medical congrats - drink lots of water the night before :)

After that, go home, and prepare to wait one of the most agonising waits of all time. But when you recieve that call, jump up and down for 2 days and look to the skies cos that's where you'll soon be and don't stop looking :)

If anyone else wants some advice, feel free to contact me. I can only share my experience with you, but hopefully that could help some way.

Best of luck to all possible candidates! Enjoy the ride. Be prepared to wait up to 6-7 months sometimes - there are lots of applications :) They'll see yours soon enough! :) make sure your applications are very nice and professional too :) Good luck! Hope to see all MWingers candidates in the future :)

there will be an interciew for cabin crew on this coming saturday(17/11/07), and im invited!hehee...

but nt really sure abt the cadet pilot interview...

godd luck!

I hope after I get an aussie ATPL i will be a possible candidate for a co pilot position or one day a direct entry applicant... although many forums say that SQ prefers their own cadets and teaching them from scracth..... Are there any people who applied for the co pilot position for SQ in MW?

Yeap, Sandeep pretty much summarized everything which is going to happen. :) Be prepared.

I hope after I get an aussie ATPL i will be a possible candidate for a co pilot position or one day a direct entry applicant... although many forums say that SQ prefers their own cadets and teaching them from scracth..... Are there any people who applied for the co pilot position for SQ in MW?

Even if u have an Aussie ATPL, CAAS still want you to sit for AirLaw, HPL, Perf A among others for conversion, I believed. CAAS has done away with the ATPL combined paper for conversion recently.

My course mate who was a flying instructor (single & twin engine props) in AUS still has to go thru everything like every other cadet. So conclusion is ... :pardon:, but you don't know if you never try. Good luck!

Edited by kianhong

Prashant, at the moment you would have a tough time getting into SIA with just an Aussie ATPL and no experience beyond that. Plus, CAAS does not officially recognise the Australian CPL, but they ARE looking at the possibility of doing so in the future - but no guarantees. I know of Aussie CPL holders that are repeating all their training again here at SFC under CAAS standards.

Hi, regarding to Sandeep's last thread, an Australian CPL holder still have to go through everything under CAAS standard?

which mean he has to re-do all 7 cpl subject again? and circuits, training area, nav stuff from scratch again?

or just the flying to all checklist procedure standard?

Do you need a Singapore ATPL to join airlines in Singapore?

I really wont mind if I had to do everything again with SFC as a SIA cadet. Sandeep,are the Aussie CPL holders that are doing everything again under CAAS, SIA cadets?

Eric and Prashant,

THe Aussie CPL holders are doing everything under the CAAS standards, however, they do at present get an exemption of hours capped at approximately 40 hours. With a NZ CPL however, you are able to have it recognised by CAAS, but I think if you attend Massey Uni in Palmerston...

At present, the CASA CPL holders do ALL ATPL subjects in Singapore, and then come down to Jandakot for Cessna/Baron programs with the exemption of hours. BUT in the pipeline as I've mentioned is a new agreement between CAAS/CASA to recognise and transfer CASA type licences into CAAS licences.

We wait and see.

thanks for the great explanation Sandeep.......now I know the exact procedure...I've always tought it would be similar to MH cadet pilot process..... :sorry: so Sandeep, in Singapore, all the psycho test>final interview > tea party > medical checkup all on the same day? hope I get this right this time

SIA

1st interview in KL > in Singapore : psycho test> final interview with 4-5 captains > tea party > medical checkup

MAS

thanks for the great explanation Sandeep.......now I know the exact procedure...I've always tought it would be similar to MH cadet pilot process..... :sorry: so Sandeep, in Singapore, all the psycho test>final interview > tea party > medical checkup all on the same day? hope I get this right this time

SIA

1st interview in KL > in Singapore : psycho test> final interview with 4-5 captains > tea party > medical checkup

MAS

It will be held in 2 to 3 days depending on your performance.

1st day

Flight either KUL-SIN or PEN-SIN. Arrive SIN, and you'll be in the hotel (Paramount Hotel, that was during my time). Afternoon, to SIA training centre. Leave your passport at the guard house and they will give you security pass. Then your activity will start till evening.

Night time...free and easy

2nd day

Back to STC, and several tests will be imposed on every candidates. After that, there will be an interview with panels (8-10 of them during my time including a psychologist (he hardly look at you, in fact he looked somewhere else). After interview, tea party.

Night time...free and easy also

3rd day

Judgement day....they will call your hotel room (normally they will ask the candidates to gather in one room...and they will call to tell the result). Those who are selected, stay for medical check-ups. Those who are not, check-out and return to Malaysia.

That's all I know based on my experience..

Makan: Sendiri tanggung....

Ticket: Just pay the tax only...

Transportation: Arranged by SIA (to and from the training centre)

Anything else?

Edited by affendi osman

need help guys...in my SIA Workbench I can see the following ->

I actually applied twince..one is the KL one..then the Penang one..the penang one turns to show only testing...but to my supprise today I saw it has additional info in my interview section...anyone plz advice..I've yet to receive any phone call.....

Job Title Submittal date Status

Testing 11/22/2007 3:23 PM

Cadet Pilots (Kuala Lumpur) 10/30/2007 6:08 PM Job Application

Interviews

Job Title - Interview Status

Testing - 5297 Confirmed

12/15/2007 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM

PEN

Testing - 5298 Confirmed

12/15/2007 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM

PEN

hope this is good news :yahoo:

Sandeep,

Your description of the interview process sounds so much better than the one I underwent for the 'Executive Officer' post.... That was really a long and drawn out process where you get interviewed after all the *crap*.... Makes me really wish I didnt have an eyesight problem and applied for the cadet pilot instead.

Cheers

-TT