MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robin

AirAsia Hopes To Start KL-Singapore Flights In Dec At RM150 One-way

SINGAPORE, Nov 1 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd hopes to start operating the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore air route next month with a one-way ticket at RM150 including taxes.

"Everyone was asking when we are going to start. People are excited that they can travel at a price they can afford. I'm hoping to start in December," AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandes said.

Last week, Malaysia government announced it would allow AirAsia a limited access of two off-peak flights a day on the lucrative route now dominated by Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines.

"Two flights a day, that's what we've been given. But we hope to fly from other points in Malaysia to Singapore as well ... from Penang, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching," he told reporters at the 4th Annual Asia Pacific and Middle East Aviation Outlook Summit here Thursday.

He hoped that Singapore would also open up the route as it would benefit both countries.

"We hope this would be the start for more liberalisation. But whatever happens, no one can stop the ball rolling now. The ball is on top of the hill and it's going down, just like when we started with one domestic route," he said.

Fernandes also said that AirAsia planned to exercise 25 out of its 50 options to buy Airbus A320 aircraft.

"I believe KL-Singapore route can do 20 flights a day. It's a huge market," he said, adding that it would not matter if AirAsia was given off-peak flights.

"We have never been a peak airline," he said.

The budget carrier already has 150 firm orders for the A320.

-- BERNAMA

With only 2 flights each day the number of seat with that price would probably be extremely limited. Does anyone know about the airport tax?

Hopefully it can make it in december! just intime to celebrate christmas in singapore. I will book it once they launch! Hopefully the fare wont be higher than rm200 1 way. If not rather take JL flight for only Rm580

yeah..i am thinking about the matter about changing a/c of ak given they are allowed only 2 flight per day :p..as mentioned by Edwin and Georg....couldn't be more agree bout that matter :rofl:...nice one from u guys

but i dun think it is possible ...or maybe mr TF had this on his mind when he request for kl-singapore sector :p who knows :unknown: :pardon:

my 2 cent :cheers: :drinks:

Edited by Louis L.

Sign in to follow this