MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MASWings

aiyo...guys....capital 'W' or lower case 'w' will not make a difference to MAS. they are going to be 'jaguh kampung' (or village champions).... instead of taking on SQ, we have sadly decided let them break free - 'dipersilakan encik SQ'.

I am really cynical now.

that snack box thing has just tipped me over the edge! hahaha

Anybody knows what is the call sign for MASwings? ;)

"Malaysian 3xxx"

Will MASWings revives the MH's abandoned KCH-PNK route? It would be great for us Malaysians in Pontianak to fly to Kuching on a Malaysian carrier. I think all of us had enough of Batavia Air. The last time MH's aircraft (Malaysian aircraft as the matter of fact) touched down in PNK was back on 31 March 2006. I still remember the day. Any (internal) talks about it?

Also, there is a BIG RED AirAsia office opening up opposite Masjid Mujahidin (the state mosque for the province of West Kalimantan) in downtown Pontianak. Is AK (or QZ) planning to serve PNK in the nearest future? Any AK's insider news regarding this?

Don't know about PNK, but MASwings will fly the Tarakan-Tawau route again by the end of the year. As of now MASwings also fly the BKI-TWU-SDK and BKI-BTU-MYY-KCH route, so now people don't always have to go to BKI to go anywhere.

Tawau-Tarakan was a Twin Otter route, isn't it? Lucky for those in East Kalimantan to have the service revived. I hope MASWings will come to Pontianak.

"Malaysian 3xxx"

I thought they follow all the codes from parent company, MAS? So it will be IATA: MH, ICAO=MAS, Callsign=MALAYSIAN??? (Without the 3xxx) Am I right?

Also, there is a BIG RED AirAsia office opening up opposite Masjid Mujahidin (the state mosque for the province of West Kalimantan) in downtown Pontianak. Is AK (or QZ) planning to serve PNK in the nearest future? Any AK's insider news regarding this?

Read somewhere that QZ is planning to serve CGK-PNK soon

Tawau-Tarakan was a Twin Otter route, isn't it? Lucky for those in East Kalimantan to have the service revived. I hope MASWings will come to Pontianak.

Tawau to Tarakan had in the past been a Twin otter route. A while ago MAS was using Fokker F50 to serve the route, but proved non-profitable and since reverted back to Twin otters.

I trust that the Tawau-Tarakan will be MASwing's first international route.

Edited by S V Choong

I thought they follow all the codes from parent company, MAS? So it will be IATA: MH, ICAO=MAS, Callsign=MALAYSIAN??? (Without the 3xxx) Am I right?

MH 3xxx is the flight number for MASWings.

Here are the photos of the recent MASWings' photo I've got. The Twotter as well.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

I must say I prefer the MASWings' color more than FAX's color. It just nicer~

Sorry for the quality... Very high ISO....

Chan

Edited by Chan CS

Here are the photos of the recent MASWings' photo I've got. The Twotter as well.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

I must say I prefer the MASWings' color more than FAX's color. It just nicer~

Sorry for the quality... Very high ISO....

Chan

I agree with that...MASWings looks better