MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Network construction area and further into the bush ... got some mounds there. Quite close to the extended centre line of runway 21.

Really? didnt recall seeing some mount there? is it temporary?

Really? didnt recall seeing some mount there? is it temporary?

Not at the construction area, but further into the bush area ... need to walk around the fence. Just went over to check it out with a friend.

Some of today's shots..

Singapore Airlines 9M-SRE. My 1st star alliance:yahoo:

sre.jpg

X-ray X-ray Alpha departed late !! Will be arriving KUL around 1240LT. GO get her, KL spotters !!

xaa.jpg

Edited by MIR

Bandage delayed again :blink::blink: What happened?

Not sure..i think the check-in was quite slow. The aircraft supposed to depart at 0720LT but when i arrived at the airport around 0645, there was still a long line the counter.

Edited by MIR

Not sure..i think the check-in was quite slow. The aircraft supposed to depart at 0720LT but when i arrived at the airport around 0645, there was still a long line the counter.

Check in staffs probably calculating excess baggage....or may be they retimed the flight?

Awesome shots guyz, keep it coming! :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

Caught this UK registered Dasault Falcon 900EX just now when sending my mate home to Singapore. No ideas who's the owner and purpose of visit.

G-SIRO_YPPH_081108.jpg

Sorry bout the backlit n heat haze. Wrong time n wrong place. <_>

Caught this UK registered Dasault Falcon 900EX just now when sending my mate home to Singapore. No ideas who's the owner and purpose of visit.

That Falcon belongs to Sir Robert Ogden. His $95million super yacht La Masquerade arrived at Freo last month..docked in front of the Kailis Fish&Chips restaurant. He spends three weeks of every month on La Masquerade...

That Falcon belongs to Sir Robert Ogden. His $95million super yacht La Masquerade arrived at Freo last month..docked in front of the Kailis Fish&Chips restaurant. He spends three weeks of every month on La Masquerade...

That explained everything. Thanks. :)

I was spotting with MIR and a special guest from MY on this fine Sunday. :rolleyes: Took him all over the place, hope he had enough of kangaroo, virgin, etc. Here's some of the catches. Enjoy!

Springbok 280. Long pencil from South Africa!

ZS-SNF_YPPH_091108.jpg

Special charter from Darwin - Strategic Air.

CS-TMT_YPPH_091108.jpg

First time getting a decent pic of AirAsiaX and she was on time though still with lotsa bandages on. :p

9M-XXA_YPPH_091108.jpg

A couple of Brazilian Virgins... :pardon:

VH-ZPC_YPPH_091108.jpg

Quite an interesting antenna at the bottom of aft fuselage.

VH-ZPB_YPPH_091108.jpg

Classic Jumbo still going strong operating the mid afternoon shuttle from SYD.

VH-EBW_YPPH_091108.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

I was spotting with MIR and a special guest from MY on this fine Sunday. :rolleyes: Took him all over the place, hope he had enough of kangaroo, virgin, etc. Here's some of the catches. Enjoy!

Nice spotting shots on a sunny day. :clapping:

Thanks to Kianhong & MIR for the Perth spotting hospitality, I did catch some virgin & skippy too. :drinks:

It will be awhile before I touch up those shots. :pardon:

Awaiting for some closer shots in the future. ;) :lol:

Nice spotting shots on a sunny day. :clapping:

Thanks to Kianhong & MIR for the Perth spotting hospitality, I did catch some virgin & skippy too. :drinks:

It will be awhile before I touch up those shots. :pardon:

Awaiting for some closer shots in the future. ;) :lol:

No problem ... :drinks: Wish it was nice blue sky that Perth is so famous for.

Deposit down ... just waiting. :rolleyes:

Chaity, were you in Perth?

Yes, I was there last week & did spotting with Kianhong & MIR on a sunny Sunday. B)

Thanks for those SMS informing me about what to expect in KUL, too bad unable to response. :(

Edited by Chaity

Here's my turn to post after some fast editing :pardon:

Thanks to KianHong for picking me up from the hotel, he brought me to this spot for plane spotting. :blink: :p

We waited only for 1 arrival and left that spot. Probably a bit "crowded" in this place. :p

spot1w-1.jpg

We then moved on to meet MIR next to the airport. Yes, the sky is that blue :o

Traffic is quite slow and you can enjoy yourself playing slide, provided you are below 12. :p

spot2w.jpg

A lot of skippy hopping around. A common sight for both KianHong & MIR but I just keep on shooting away :p :lol:

VHNXGw.jpg

This is the kind of shots I long to catch from PER. :good:

It was hot and a lot of heat haze even in early morning. <_>

QFw.jpg

I will post more when I touch up other photos.

Nice one, Chaity! :good:

Thanks to KianHong for picking me up from the hotel, he brought me to this spot for plane spotting. :blink: :p

We waited only for 1 arrival and left that spot. Probably a bit "crowded" in this place. :p

This is the kind of shots I long to catch from PER. :good:

hehehe... the place is indeed a bit too 'crowded'. I seldom go there, but then since I had company why don't go and try it out. LOL ... Bad ideas! <_>

Nice rotation with Perth skyline in the background. Only work during early morning or winter when there's less heat haze.