MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Beautiful shots guys !! :clapping:

kianhong, did Kiwi 137 refuel at the terminal or at Bay 50? :good: :good:

I believe Kiwi 137 was either parked at gate 54 or 55. It departed after 2 hours at 1346LT.

I believe Kiwi 137 was either parked at gate 54 or 55. It departed after 2 hours at 1346LT.

Cheers for the info :drinks:

VH-EBG on a rare domestic flight Perth to Sydney. 30/09/2008

VH-EBG.jpg

VH-OJQ A not so common site these days in Perth doing a domestic flight Perth to Sydney. 6/10/2008

VH-OJQ.jpg

Cheers Mark.

A few blasts from the past!

Silver Centenary VH-U Serpentine Airfield (2006)

IMG_0346.jpg

African International DC-8 ZS-OSI Perth Airport (2006)

IMG_00472.jpg

Australian Airlines (now defunct) 767-338 VH-OGL Perth (2006)

IMG_0137.jpg

GW

1024bDSC_2798.jpg

Interesting 727 in the background :blink: no detailed shot of this one ? :sorry:

Uncle Pieters fav

The livery, that is :pardon: just love her dress !!!

pictures not worthy to share.

It's all about sharing here, bro, no matter what !!! So, please show us here; PER is doing pretty good when it comes to doing this, with already >28 pages sofar :good:

QF B717.

VH-NXN_YPPH_051008.jpg

Any idea which routes they ply in AU ? Would love to fly one of these next year... :yahoo:

Australian Airlines (now defunct) 767-338 VH-OGL Perth (2006)

IMG_0137.jpg

Sweet memories: saw a few of those at BKI between 2001-2003...

Just a reminder 14/09

Qantas A380

LAND 0800

TOFF 1200

anyone coming? i'll be there before TOFF @1200

Interesting 727 in the background :blink: no detailed shot of this one ? :sorry:

Any idea which routes they ply in AU ? Would love to fly one of these next year... :yahoo:

Australian Air Express B727F VH-VLI (operate by National Jet) is a nocturnal bird, only fly in the middle of the nite. By day, it's park at a remote corner of the airport. so no good shots of it.

QF B717 usually ply the domestic routes within WA and some interstate routes as well.

anyone coming? i'll be there before TOFF @1200

Hopefully will be able to go. Waiting for the morning arrival of course, would be difficult to get good departure shoots due mid day sun and heat haze IMO.

Hi all Perth people & all,

I would think that the airport will be packed with spectators and media for the arrival of the A380.

It will be parking in ITB bay 50, and the sun will not be in a favourite position for photos.

My bet would be to find a spot in suburbia and shoot off a pre landing sequence!

No parking fees or hassels, no crowds to fight thru or pesky kids pushing the wire fence, and no morons asking stupid questions!

BTW: The revised departure time is 13.00hrs and is subject to change as always.

GW

Hi all Perth people & all,

I would think that the airport will be packed with spectators and media for the arrival of the A380.

It will be parking in ITB bay 50, and the sun will not be in a favourite position for photos.

My bet would be to find a spot in suburbia and shoot off a pre landing sequence!

No parking fees or hassels, no crowds to fight thru or pesky kids pushing the wire fence, and no morons asking stupid questions!

BTW: The revised departure time is 13.00hrs and is subject to change as always.

GW

Since R21 or R03 will be in use for arrival, shouldnt be a problem to spot from either end of the runway... Go get emm guys... how i wish i am still around hmmmpphh.... darn MIR,MIN,Kian Hong,Greg, and all of the Perth based spotters.. arm ur weapons... :yahoo:

Went recce for the best spot for tomorrow's arrival of big red kangaroo. :pardon:

Had an hour of spotting and caught all the Delta.

A6-ERD and the moon!

A6-ERD_YPPH_131008.jpg

VH-OGD - 'Maitland'

VH-OGD_YPPH_131008.jpg

VH-VXD - 'Sharing the Spirit'

VH-VXD_YPPH_131008.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

OGD blinking some more !!! :good:

I really like the new colours: fond looks so much nicer :pardon:

Here's one from me - Nancy-Bird Walton (VH-OQA) first visit to Perth, showing off her expansive wings and massive RR Trent-900 engines. :yahoo:

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008.jpg

More later. Cheers. :)

Here's one from me - Nancy-Bird Walton (VH-OQA) first visit to Perth, showing off her expansive wings and massive RR Trent-900 engines. :yahoo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/kia...YPPH_141008.jpg[/img]

More later. Cheers. :)

Fuuuyooh.. nice stuff there Kian Hong, sneaking out from YPJT eh kekeke... So you shot thru the fences?? MIR told me there's a hole there big enough for the lens to poke thru.. but i cant find it hahaha.. more shots please...

Iggy - Yeah ... have to sneak out early in the morning. But alas, bumped into one of the flying instructor who is on off day. Gotta 'bribe' him with some my A380 shots. :pardon:

Thanks Simon.

You can not ask for a better day than today! :yahoo:

Perfect weather to photography the first visit of Nancy-Bird Walton (VH-OQA) to Perth.

Landing sequence.

Over-flying PER at 2500ft, then Perth City > Cottesloe > Fremantle and finally back to PER.

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008-2.jpg

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008-3.jpg

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008-4.jpg

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008-5.jpg

VH-OQA_YPPH_141008-6.jpg

Thanks for viewing. More later. :)

Guys, thanks for the lovely fat mama in red dress. :clapping:

She looks really nice and good weather too with her arrival. :drinks:

OMG, nice headshot Mir,!! i still am clueless of the hole u told me about MIr, have to find it in Nov hehehe.. and I thought obs deck is closed to public?? :blink:

OMG, nice headshot Mir,!! i still am clueless of the hole u told me about MIr, have to find it in Nov hehehe.. and I thought obs deck is closed to public?? :blink:

Cheers mate. Qantas canceled their party at the observation deck and it was opened to the public. :yahoo:

IMG_8502.jpg

Some scenes at the BBQ area..

IMG_8469.jpg

Police everywhere..

IMG_8476.jpg

IMG_8477.jpg

Edited by Norman
Edited as requested by author

So is our free parking area still free this morning? hehehe.. , saw in thewest.com.au, gate 6 alot of ppl there waiting for the 380 kekeke

Guys i'll post my shots tomorow morning. my internet too slow at the moment. anyway, my shot not as good as MIR and kianhong lol. only 10megapixel maa

Edited by Min

So is our free parking area still free this morning? hehehe.. , saw in thewest.com.au, gate 6 alot of ppl there waiting for the 380 kekeke

Yerp.. parking was free. There was a temporary parking area for visitors next to the Customs building.

The Captain makes a walk-around inspection of the aircraft

IMG_8562.jpg

Ground crews feeding the Big Kangaroo..

IMG_8574-1.jpg

Qantas and MAS A330 (9M-MKD). Guess whats wrong with that MAS..?

IMG_8505.jpg

Awesome shots guys!!!!!

I feel QF has the best livery out of the 3 airlines operating the A3Ugly

Is the cargo door open?

Edited by Walter Sim