MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Queue at London Heathrow

:blink:

Must be just after the foiled liquid plot last year. Don't recall a line at LHR that's ever this bad, although I've been slaughtered by queues at FCC before, even with Fast Track.

No doubt about it, the terrorists have won the battle !

Did they have special arrangements for the elderly and infirm - any idea ?

My last trip ( about a month after the security scare ) I was in the queue for 1 hour :blink: ........aduh! Heathrow is horrible if you have a connecting flight at another terminal and I hate having to wait in the duty free lounge waiting to find out the gate number. Queue to get into terminal, queue at check-in, queue at security :angry: and queue for take-off......... but queue to take-off not bad cos can get to look at planes :rolleyes:

Did they have special arrangements for the elderly and infirm - any idea ?

Not sure - but there is Fast Track for BA's First, Club World and oneworld sapphire/emerald pax. And also other airlines who've paid BAA for use of the Fast Track lane for their premium pax. In T1 there's Zone R where BA's First, Club World and oneworld sapphire/emerald pax have exclusive use of their own security queue. :good:

There is also Fast Track for the FCC queues - but it is unreliable. Next time I intend to go landside for terminal changes.

Edited by Keith T

hehe did the end of the line people know what they queue for and or know how long is the queue...

I have been through Heathrow three times in the last 5 weeks (Once each T1, T2 and T3) and the queue for security screening has taken about 5 to 15 minutes. Heathrow claim they have recruited extra staff and passengers should not normally have to wait for more than 10 minutes.

In the first few weeks after the security scare queuing of 1 hour was quite common. I caught an SQ flight with only 15 minutes to spare having arrived at the door of the terminal 3 hours before departure one week after the security scare.

The joys of air travel!

Geoff

Edited by Geoff R.

I have been through Heathrow three times in the last 5 weeks (Once each T1, T2 and T3) and the queue for security screening has taken about 5 to 15 minutes. Heathrow claim they have recruited extra staff and passengers should not normally have to wait for more than 10 minutes.

Now if only they'd do the same for the FCC - or have a Fast Track queue that's actually open! :angry:

Sign in to follow this