MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Any Airlines?

hi..maybe i will fly to Melbourne in Dec..and M'sia Airlines only have tickets to Melbourne..but no tickets for return flights! So anymore airlines flying this route? Thanks...and if can..kindly tell what is the aircraft using to fly this route (for the airlines u mention.) THANKS!! smile.gif

Only MH operates on the KUL-MEL-KUL route with 772 equipment...

Ofcourse, if you make some transits en-route, you can fly something else, like BI via BWN, or CX via HKG or SQ via SIN, for instance...

Ofcourse, if you make some transits en-route, you can fly something else, like BI via BWN, or CX via HKG or SQ via SIN, for instance...

8488[/snapback]

erm..sorr..what is BI? and BWN ? sad.gif

Thanks.. smile.gif

erm..sorr..what is BI? and BWN ?  sad.gif

Thanks.. smile.gif

8503[/snapback]

Royal Brunei. Bandar Seri Begawan. Most likely B767.

Royal Brunei. Bandar Seri Begawan. Most likely B767.

8506[/snapback]

wow! sounds great too! i think it is a bit cheaper than MH and SQ? Or same? Or more expensive? Thanks for replying me..THanks

So Lauda (Austrian now) is no longer serving this route?

I remembered my friend telling me that he flew Lauda to KUL.

Otherwise I suppose you could try Emirates, but you might have to go to SYD or BNE for that (Might require to stop at SIN or BKK, can't remember).

Edited by S V Choong

S V,

OS only operates out of SYD to KUL nowadays (daily except tuesday), no more from MEL...

they are many alternatives Daniel, SQ, TG, and more its just the fact if you're willing to pay more. I don't really recommend BI. Flew with them and had really bad experiences with them. If i have not mistaken i thought OS are operating to melbourne but through Singapore. Where as from kul, they only fly to sydney. You can try SQ or TG though. And ohmygod, tickets so fast sold out for MH?

8488[/snapback]

Aren't there double daily flights to MEL with one 772 and the other 744?

8488[/snapback]

8528[/snapback]

A quick search on MH's schedule shows double daily flights to MeL in Dec, both on 772. one departs at 0955 and the other one 2130.

I don't think BI flies to MEL.

You could take EK to MEL but you'll have to transit in Singapore.

8542[/snapback]

Ya, BI doesn't fly to MEL. Can take EK to MEL via SIN but you have to pay for the KUL-SIN flight separately.

So Lauda (Austrian now) is no longer serving this route?

Ya, SV, OS no longer fly from KUL to MEL now. You still can fly with them to MEL from SIN with 3 flights a week (B767-300ER)

they are many alternatives Daniel, SQ, TG, and more its just the fact if you're willing to pay more.

SQ flights should be cheaper than MH (normally). Try to get the price from the SQ office smile.gif

SQ flights should be cheaper than MH (normally). Try to get the price from the SQ office  smile.gif

8544[/snapback]

I think that seems to be the case in Malaysia, where SQ always priced lower than MH. My last flight on SQ was to AMS a couple of years back, where the price difference was up to about RM700 per return ticket compared to MH.

You'd be suprised nowadays though. SQ has a much higher fuel surcharge than MH and nowadays its cheaper to book on MH. The same goes for those booking from Australia. MH is now somewhat cheaper than SQ on certain sectors, PER being one of them I know for sure.

In the absence of availability on MH, I would strongly advise travelling on SQ ahead of all others. Flying on SQ would eradicate the need to fly convoluted itineraries, or paying for seperate flights down to SIN. Unless you're a status chasing travel addict like me that is; and in that instance you could fly TG via BKK or even CX via HKG. biggrin.gif

As for a/c, SQ flies 773s and 744s to MEL from SIN; the KUL-SIN shuttle is operated by 772s. If in J or F, do try to get the 744s (SQ 227/228) to ensure a Spacebed/Skysuite experience. Otherwise the 773s are superior in WHY class.

I am not sure what a/c TG and CX utilise from KUL, but I can confirm that TG operates M11s (very nasty for J/F pax due to ancient seats) and 743s, and CX operates 333s.

From next year however, expertflyer indicates that TG will be replacing the M11s with 346s (yes with the new TG products!), and the 743s with 744s. But knowing TG they might just change equipment at the last minute!

Edited by Keith T

In the absence of availability on MH, I would strongly advise travelling on SQ ahead of all others. Flying on SQ would eradicate the need to fly convoluted itineraries, or paying for seperate flights down to SIN. Unless you're a status chasing travel addict like me that is; and in that instance you could fly TG via BKK or even CX via HKG. biggrin.gif

As for a/c, SQ flies 773s and 744s to MEL from SIN; the KUL-SIN shuttle is operated by 772s. If in J or F, do try to get the 744s (SQ 227/228) to ensure a Spacebed/Skysuite experience. Otherwise the 773s are superior in WHY class.

I am not sure what a/c TG and CX utilise from KUL, but I can confirm that TG operates M11s (very nasty for J/F pax due to ancient seats) and 743s, and CX operates 333s.

From next year however, expertflyer indicates that TG will be replacing the M11s with 346s (yes with the new TG products!), and the 743s with 744s. But knowing TG they might just change equipment at the last minute!

8582[/snapback]

For some reason I could not edit my post but I just want to clarify that the TG/CX equipment indicated are for flights from their respective hubs to MEL.

wow! now only i realize that MalysianWings is so warm! Thanks for the replies..I think i will get as more shots as possibles during the trip so i can share with you all.thanks! smile.gif

hahaha, i can feel it even if i'm like not even a week old in here. When is your trip? hope to see more shots hehhehhheh. What camera do you own?

hahaha, i can feel it even if i'm like not even a week old in here. When is your trip? hope to see more shots hehhehhheh. What camera do you own?

8592[/snapback]

I think should be around 7/8 December..

TK, any schedule for 9M-MRD to fly to Melbourne????

Will MRD fly on 8 December 2005 to Melbourne?

Thanks smile.gif

Sign in to follow this