MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Bravo folks for your nice photos during the MW's anniversary.

I arrived from HKT to SIN 1 day late (Sun,27 June)and truly missed this joyful event.

Here are a few photos taken at Changi Beach late afternoon after going to the wrong location (CBP) :angry: It was on Thursday 29 Jun, therefore I don't contact KianHong or Waiping for joint spotting. See you guys next time then.

#1- The first A380SQ landing within a 2-hour photo session

a380sq_7565s.jpg

#2- B777-200ER British Airways

772ba_SIN4.jpg

#3- F27 Asialink

f27_SIN_7635.jpg

#4 Photo from the smoking area of T1

F50ME2 RSAF rolling back to base parking after a very short flight

rsaf_SIN_7780.jpg

Great to see that everyone had such a lovely and fruitful spotting session for MWing's 5th anniversary with such great weather! :good:

Nice shot of the Dutch Lady, uncle Vu Loc !!! :good:

Waited fruitlessly last weekend for one: apparently they rest on weekends...

The morning of Wednesday (30 Jun 2010) was especially humid and early arrivals were greeted with a fair amount of condensation.

The B777-300ER produced more condensation than others ...

mw-A6-ECI-2010-06-30-04Cr-APP.jpg

Qantas' A380-841 VH-OQD had some but could not match the output of the Boeing twin.

mw-VH-OQD-2010-06-30-03Cr-APP.jpg

Martinair's B744-412BCF came in when the light popped.

mw-PH-MPR-2010-06-30-03Cr-APP.jpg

And just when I was wondering why the air was so still ... the runway used was switched from 20 to 02. This baffled me along with two other spotters from South Africa and Finland. Disappointed, I had

little choice but to photograph departing traffic instead. SIA's B744 9V-SMU - the 1000th Boeing 747 - departed just as dark clouds begin gathering.

mw-9V-SMU-2010-06-30-02Cr-TOS.jpg

An SIA B777-300ER departed and was rather high by the time it crossed the fence.

mw-9V-SWE-2010-06-30-01Cr-TOS.jpg

Thankfully, Qantas' A380 was heavy and still low when it came by ...

mw-VH-OQD-2010-06-30-04Cr-TOS-Close.jpg

mw-VH-OQD-2010-06-30-08Cr-TOS-Nose.jpg

mw-VH-OQD-2010-06-30-11Cr-TOS.jpg

Here an A330-300 is seen climbing out over the measuring instruments - these must be the culprits that made the ATC fellas switch runway direction.

mw-ChangiAirport-2010-06-30-01Vr-In.jpg

Today (02 Jul 2010) was dismal ... weather wise. But I just had to go out because I needed to photograph Jett8 Airlines Cargo's B747-281F without its titles. These titles disappeared after it returned from

storage in Victorville.

mw-9V-JEA-2010-07-02-06Cr-NoTitles-.jpg

The Kuwaiti government's Gulfstream G5 is a rather regular visitor and this is its second visit in two weeks.

mw-9K-AJF-2010-07-02-02Cr-APP.jpg

The jellyfish finally sent its winglet-ed B737-800 ... alas no light.

mw-9M-MLD-2010-07-02-01Cr-APP.jpg

Another special that came in this afternoon was 9M-AFB, AirAsia's Junior Jet Club. Thanks Sri Ramani for the heads-up ... but the rain came and the aircraft landed on 20C. KLM, not to be outdone sent PH-BVD in Skyteam livery ... same bad weather. The chase for both continues for me.

KC Sim

KLM, not to be outdone sent PH-BVD in Skyteam livery ... same bad weather. The chase for both continues for me.

KC Sim

I'll SMS you when it's scheduled for another SIN-trip: deal ? :pardon:

BTW, of another nature is this (maybe nice) change for you, guys, at SIN:

As per GDS timetable display on 01JUL10, Vietnam Airlines’ latest international changes in effect from July 2010 as follows:

Hanoi – Singapore 777 service planned on 06JUL10

Ho Chi Minh City – Osaka 777 service planned on 10JUL10

Ho Chi Minh City – Seoul Incheon Airbus A330-300 operation from 15JUL10, replacing 777/332

Ho Chi Minh City – Taipei 777 service planned on 05JUL10 and 06JUL10

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of the SQ A380 and SQ 77W in the same frame? Preferably side by side?

Another gloomy day yesterday (8 July) but I just could not resist going to the airport when an Ilyushin IL-76 was headed our way. Operated by Volga-Dnepr Airlines and arriving from Chennai as VDA6442, it arrived early, smoke-less and rather quietly too ... wearing the airline's 20th Anniversary markings on its tail.

mw-RA-76952-2010-07-08-01Cr-VDA20Yr.jpg

Later in the day, Fedex operated its B777-200LRF from Osaka-Kansai ... seems like a regular movement from now on.

mw-N850FD-2010-07-08-01Cr-APS.jpg

This little B737-200F wears hybrid Neptune Air/Tri-MG markings.

mw-PK-YGP-2010-07-08-01Cr-HybridCS-.jpg

Since about a week ago, Vietnam Airlines has been operated wide-bodied equipment on its VN745 from Hanoi. On this day, the B777-200ER performs the task using VN-A141. Please send the A330-200 in Skyteam livery!

mw-VN-A141-2010-07-08-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Another gloomy day yesterday (8 July) but I just could not resist going to the airport when an Ilyushin IL-76 was headed our way. Operated by Volga-Dnepr Airlines and arriving from Chennai as VDA6442, it arrived early, smoke-less and rather quietly too ... wearing the airline's 20th Anniversary markings on its tail.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/aviasian/mw-RA-76952-2010-07-08-01Cr-VDA20Yr.jpg

KC Sim

Wow, they really fly around with this modified IL-76: it was seen at Curacao on 02jul2010 !!! :pardon:

Mandala Airlines A320 PK-RMC. Mandala Airlines started regular flights between Singapore, Jakarta and Balikpapan from late June using their fleet of A320 series aircraft.

PK-RMC_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Some B777 shots in today's gorgeous afternoon sun from the land of endless B777s :lol:

9V-SVB in Royal Brunei colours returning from her test flight with the RAT deployed. She will be delivered to BI shortly.

9V-SVB_BI_MW.jpg

Vietnam Airlines seem to prefer sending their B772ER over here to SIN instead of the A332 over the past 2 weeks. The strong early afternoon sun does no favours in highlighting the many flaws on VN-A141's paintwork.

VN-A141_MW.jpg

Delighted to see FedEx sending in other types to S'pore apart from the usual M11F, and for once I don't mind photographing another B772!

N852FD_MW.jpg

Nice stuff Hoe Jyh! The BI colours just look fabulous on the B772! At least SIN spotters can wake up every morning knowing that they're going to have different types of a/c everyday. :drinks:

KLM 777-300ER Skyteam livery will be heading to SIN today ( saturday).

KC , Hopefully you will be there with wonderful sunshine to grab a shot of her.

Southern Air B742SF N820SA in new livery returning from Air Test.

N820SA_MW.jpg

Hawker 800XP VT-RAN operated by India based Religare Voyages.

VT-RAN_MW.jpg

Does that Southern air operates for MAskargo? Nice stuff there bro :good:

Vietnam Airlines finally sent their Skyteam A332 VN-A371 with some decent sunlight :) Its a pity that the shoddy paintwork does not do justice to such a lovely livery.

VN-A371_MW.jpg

TNT also sent in their B744ERF OO-THA in the company's new revised livery. This includes the addition of their slogen "Sure We Can" on both the front and on the tail.

OO-THA_MW.jpg

Spotted signboard information of airlines at Changi Airport T1, T2, T3, BT and Skytrain on 24 July 2010.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

B777F for SIN-KIX-MEM

MD11F for CAN-SIN-CAN

The FedEx schedules in the past few weeks had been quite interesting as FX sometimes do send in the B777F on the CAN-SIN-CAN run too! In addition the early afternoon flight from CAN is often at A313 as well.

Where was the Fedex taken.. nice angle compared to the more than normal approach shots :good:

Nice catches there. :)

BTW, DRK510 is not a pax flight. It's a reposition flight from Seletar to Changi before heading home.

Dear KC Sim amd Ninevictor Spotting Group

Hello,KC-san It has been a long time :D

I will visit Singapore by flight JL6311/24AUG(CARGO FLIGHT) and I will arrive at Changi Airport very early in the morning on 25AUG.

After arriving,I will go spotting at Changi airport.So,Shall we go spotting on that day?

How about your schedule,KC-san??

If it is OK to join me,please let me know :help:

Best regards.

From MASAHIKO SAKAI in JAPAN

9V-SVC in Royal Brunei color back from air test with RAT deployed. To be registered as V8-BLE.

9V-SVC_WSSS_170810.jpg

Blink-blink from this now-regular FedEx B77F (N851FD)

N851FD_WSSS_120810.jpg

p/s: Masahiko san, will catch you for spotting if I'm free that day.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)