MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Oasis HK (O8) First ever flight to Gatwick CANCELLED

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines’ inaugural flight delay announcement

Hong Kong, October 25, 2006

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines’ inaugural flight today from Hong Kong to London is delayed due to a last minute hold-up in approval to over-fly Russian airspace. We have learnt that despite all paperwork being in order and having received all necessary approvals, the Russian authorities, for unexplained reasons, have chosen to now hold up the over-flight rights.

We sincerely regret this delay and inconvenience caused to passengers. We are in direct communication with the Russian authorities and are doing our utmost to resolve the issue.

Flight has been cancelled at around 6:00pm, 5 hours after the scheduled departure time, as mentioned on radio news.

As shown in HKIA website, the flight will be delay to 26/10.

13:00 O8 700 London/Gatwick Oasis Hong Kong DLY TO 26/10

甘 泉 首 航 班 機 所 有 乘 客 下 機   航 班 改 明 日 起 飛

2006-10-25 HKT 19:12

甘 泉 航 空 的 管 理 層 表 示 , 首 航 前 往 倫 敦 的 航 班 , 將 改 於 明 日 下 午 一 時 起 飛 , 如 不 能 飛 越 俄 羅 斯 領 空 , 將 會 考 慮 取 道 印 度 。

甘 泉 航 空 的 領 導 層 表 示 , 現 時 所 有 乘 客 已 下 機 , 他 們 仍 然 與 俄 羅 斯 方 面 瞭 解 情 況 , 重 申 已 齊 備 文 件 , 航 空 公 司 對 於 乘 客 的 不 便 , 表 示 遺 憾 和 致 歉 。

RTHK ON INTERNET

English Version:

Oasis' inaugural flight delayed until tomorrow

2006-10-25 HKT 19:05

The inaugural flight of budget carrier, Oasis Airlines, has suffered a major setback. Its first flight from Hong Kong to London's Gatwick Airport has been delayed until tomorrow. It remained on the tarmac at Chek Lap Kok all afternoon, with a full complement of more than 300 passengers, including the airline's top executives. Commercial director, Ken Chad, said the setback came after the Russian authorities suddenly revoke the permission to fly over Russian airspace.

RTHK ON INTERNET

Something not mentioned in the English version:

As said by the Commercial Direct of the airlines, if they still can't fly over Russia, they may divert and fly over India. Flight is now delayed to tomorrow 1:00pm.

Typical issue. Jetstar Asia had the same problem when they were doing their proving flight from SIN to TPE.

So if they overfly India instead of Russia, how does that change the flight time?

Sorry for Chinese News again, busy this moment, hope can have someone kind enough to translate fro our fellows.

特 區 政 府 聯 絡 俄 領 事   冀 助 甘 泉 取 得 准 許 證

2006-10-25 HKT 21:20

經 濟 發 展 及 勞 工 局 長 葉 澍  表 示 , 現 時 所 知 , 甘 泉 航 空 是 由 於 未 能 獲 得 飛 越 俄 羅 斯 領 空 的 准 許 證 , 所 以 未 能 在 今 天 如 期 首 航 。

他 表 示 , 政 府 已 聯 絡 俄 羅 斯 駐 港 領 事 , 希 望 盡 快 協 助 航 空 公 司 取 得 准 許 證 。

葉 澍  表 示 , 今 次 不 存 在 政 府 監 管 不 力 , 一 直 以 來 , 航 空 公 司 需 自 行 申 請 飛 越 其 他 國 家 准 許 證 , 這 是 他 們 應 有 的 責 任 。

甘 泉 航 空 主 席 對 首 航 取 消 感 失 望

2006-10-25 HKT 20:38

甘 泉 香 港 航 空 主 席 李 卓 民 表 示 , 仍 在 探 討 飛 機 未 能 飛 越 俄 羅 斯 領 空 的 原 因 , 他 重 申 是 在 乘 客 登 機 時 , 才 收 到 有 關 消 息 , 對 今 次 事 件 感 失 望 。

他 又 指 出 , 正 探 索 有 否 其 他 的 航 道 , 前 往 倫 敦 , 目 前 相 當 有 信 心 班 機 可 以 起 飛 , 但 為 免 大 家 再 空 等 , 會 盡 快 通 知 乘 客 。

甘 泉 航 空 送 受 影 響 乘 客 每 人 一 張 機 票

2006-10-25 HKT 20:42

甘 泉 香 港 航 空 主 席 李 卓 民 表 示 , 顧 及 到 顧 客 的 立 場 , 已 用 各 種 方 法 紓 援 為 乘 客 帶 來 的 影 響 , 包 括 酒 店 住 宿 、 免 費 機 票 以 及 五 百 元 現 金 補 償 等 。

李 卓 民 表 示 , 仍 在 探 討 未 能 飛 越 俄 羅 斯 領 空 的 原 因 , 重 申 是 在 乘 客 登 機 時 , 才 收 到 不 能 飛 越 領 空 的 消 息 。

他 又 指 出 , 正 探 索 有 否 其 他 的 航 道 , 前 往 倫 敦 , 他 們 目 前 相 當 有 信 心 可 以 起 飛 , 但 為 免 大 家 再 空 等 , 會 盡 快 通 知 乘 客 。

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines is off to a not good start. Pity on Oasis :mellow:

What's with the Chinese letters? I can't read it.

Edited by Andrew Ong

B-LFA, still on the ramp

IPB Image

The boss and his family, walking out from the aircraft

IPB Image

Andrew, 葉 澍 堃 you mean? or all?

Edited by Sneeze Lam

The boss and his family, walking out from the aircraft

IPB Image

They look very embarrassing, especially the wife and the son just kept his head down, poor thing.

Here's the translation in english:

According to HK Economic Development & Labour Dept, they have contacted HK embassy in Russia to speed up the approval for Oasis. He also added it is always the airline own responsibilities to get the flying rights.

Oasis President Mr. Lee is very disappointed on what’s happened on today and reaffirmed that they only received the information about the rejection on the flying rights over Russia during boarding.

The are looking into other alternative flying routes and very confident the plane will fly eventually.

For all the affected passengers, they will get hotel accommodations, free air tickets and HKD500 compensations etc. They will contact the passengers asap on the confirmed departure date & time.

Here's the translation in english:

Thanks Seng Lim.

Heard from my friend that, the approval was suddenly terminated this afternoon 12:09.

NO CONFIRMATION HERE with this "NEWS"

You're welcome Lam.

Honestly speaking it's very inauspicious for Oasis to cancel their first flight and suffered from so much losses on the compensations and negative publicity on the 1st day of their operations.

I hope they will survive......

You're welcome Lam.

Honestly speaking it's very inauspicious for Oasis to cancel their first flight and suffered from so much losses on the compensations and negative publicity on the 1st day of their operations.

I hope they will survive......

It is confirmed that the "News" that related to what I previously mentioned, the approval was suddenly terminated at 12:09pm today.

It is confirmed that the "News" that related to what I previously mentioned, the approval was suddenly terminated at 12:09pm today.

And now Oasis is putting its disruption management into practise... :p Wonder how long will it take to recover. :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Starting an airline - HKD$millions

Advertising for your airline - HKD$maybe a couple of million

Not having all the airspace approvals for your inaugral flight & having to cancel travel plans for a full load of passengers for a 747.......

Priceless :D

This is just a glitch, and some unfortunate timing :) But I'm sure they'll work through it ;)

From Oasis website:

Oasis receives approval for overflying rights through Russian airspace

Hong Kong, October 26, 2006

Despite all approvals being in place and paperwork in order on 25th October, our inaugural flight from Hong Kong to London Gatwick was delayed due to a last minute change by the Russian authorities. Subsequently, at 00:45h this morning we received a further approval for overflying rights through Russian airspace. Hence we intend to depart to London Gatwick at 13:00h Hong Kong time, today.

Our foremost concern is the well-being of our passengers, and irrespective of the reasons behind the delay to our inaugural flight, we are very conscious of the disruption and disappointment it has caused.

The Chairman of Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, the Rev. Dr. Raymond Lee is delighted to give all passengers on today’s flight a free round trip on Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, in addition to the compensation they have already received.

Passengers are advised to contact our ground operations representatives on (852) 2216 1088 for the most up to date departure information.

Some interesting pictures to share (took from mingpaonews):

IPB Image

Yeh, we are flying!

IPB Image

Chubby uncle : "What's your explaination! Do you know you've ruined 300 passangers trips!"

Chairman Lee : "Not my fault lar, it's Russian fault, me and my wife and my son also taking this flight you know"

Mrs. Lee (from her heart) : "Shut up and stop harrassing my handsome hubby"

IPB Image

Get out, quickly get out, Now everyone cannot fly. Go and claim your free return tickets + HKD500 or accomodations for foreigner.

IPB Image

Brief history and development of Oasis in chinese.

Edited by Seng Lim

IPB Image

Get out, quickly get out, Now everyone cannot fly. Go and claim your free return tickets + HKD500 or accomodations for foreigner.

Priceless quotations!!! Now everyone can't fly :rofl:

"Not my fault lar, it's Russian fault, me and my wife and my son also taking this flight you know"

Pretty sure he's not Malaysian or Singaporean and they don't speak Singlish or Manglish.

Looks like the church must be doing well...

Pretty sure he's not Malaysian or Singaporean and they don't speak Singlish or Manglish.

Yes, you are right, they are not Malaysian or Singaporean and everyone know that they are Hong Kong people and most probably they speak in cantonese but I can't write cantonese (i can only write chinese), if I write cantonese or chinese only certain members can understand, what for?