MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

SQ Cargo - new livery

Denny,

Thay aren't actually the new Livery..

Previously, SFE and another SQ Cargo 747 were leased to Great Wall Airlines..Something Happen to them , So they send the Planes Back to SQC..

SQC left the livery on it and just added the SQ Logo to the Tail..

Not sure if they are planning to leave the Aircraft in that livery..Maybe LeeCH or Colin may know..

The other registration is SFH. Very much sought after livery by local spotters back in her hometown. Pity the haze messed things up. Hopefully this temporary livery will last longer than the haze.

Denny,

Previously, SFE and another SQ Cargo 747 were leased to Great Wall Airlines..Something Happen to them , So they send the Planes Back to SQC..

Not sure if they are planning to leave the Aircraft in that livery..Maybe LeeCH or Colin may know..

Denny,

Yeah thats what I thought, the blue does not tie in well with the SQ livery. From memory SFE was indeed leased to Great Wall Airlines.

Info from Wikipedia:

Great Wall Airlines Company Limited is a cargo airline based in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. Launched on 22 June 2006 [1], it was co-owned by China Great Wall Industry Corporation (51%), Singapore Airlines Cargo (25%), and Dahlia Investments (24%), a subsidiary of Temasek Holdings based in Singapore [2].

The airline launched its first flight from Shanghai to Amsterdam on 1 June 2006 with an initial frequency of six flights per week, becoming the first local-foreign partnership airline to take flight in China [3]. Flights to Singapore, Chennai and Mumbai are planned to be launched next [4].

Has suspended operations on Friday (18 Aug 2006). The United States filed sanctions among the airlines due to a suspicious activity for supplying Iran with nuclear supplies. This halted all cargo flights operated by Singapore Airlines Cargo to China

The airline operated two Boeing 747-400 freighters, on lease from Singapore Airlines Cargo. The aircraft have since been returned to Singapore Airlines Cargo and are currently in a SIA Cargo/Great Wall hybrid livery

The airline operated two Boeing 747-400 freighters, on lease from Singapore Airlines Cargo. The aircraft have since been returned to Singapore Airlines Cargo and are currently in a SIA Cargo/Great Wall hybrid livery

Quite regulars at AMS: see my highlight topic in Flight Logbook where daily SQ aircraft are listed, including SFE/SFH (we even had SPP in Star Alliance colours yesterday :yahoo: )

I agree :good: . The livery is a hybrid one: Singapore/Great Wall Airlines Cargo (obviously)

These were captured by local spotters at RCTP/TPE last week. B747-412F/SCD

©kouzi23

IPB Image

Isnt this 747-200...??? :help:

Because of the shorter upper deck....

Correct me if i'm wrong....

Edited by Lawrence L

this is the 747-400F, -400F does have the shortened upper deck like the -200F config. You can clearly tell this is the -400F because of the winglet and wings. only the -400 series has winglet and smoother wings joint. the -400BCF has the same upper deck length as the regular 747-300 and -400.

in my opinion, the blue stripe should have the same color tone as the tail blue.

Edited by Azuddin

Check out these examples of the 747:

747-400:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5817558

747-200:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5835250

The point is that the older -200 series has a little weaker engines, no wingletsa and has 8 windows on the upper deck and the new -400 series has winglets (as described by Azuddin), stronger engines, and only 3 windows in the upper deck.

Sign in to follow this