(Miles Accrual : Yes)

- CI > RM1210 + RM79 (tax) + RM172 (fuel surcharge) = RM 1461.00

- BR > RM1103 + RM79 (tax) + RM172 (fuel surcharge) = RM 1354.00

- CX > RM1189 + RM79 (tax) + RM224 (fuel surcharge) = RM 1492.00

Why MH is always so expensive ? Even CX is cheaper ... :angry: :(

What fare bucket does that CX fare book into?

CX is one of the stingiest airlines when it comes to mileage accrual and from memory, apart from Y B or H (expensive economy fares), little else accrue at 100%.

I'm planning on flying KUL-HKG during next semester break. Found that CI and SQ has the best fare.

CI - RM1218

SQ - RM 1918

But i think i will choose SQ because i want to stop at SIN, and I never been on a B777.

Will do this route this incoming new year...................but MH has to be the choice, love to do flight 94/95 over and over again. Thanks for the prices Isaac, that is really good comparison of price. The beeter the service , the less you pay eventually :help:

Edited by Seth K

Fares found (return ticket in Y) :

- MH > RM?? + RM?? + RM?? = RM 1778.00

Home airline is almost always more expensive than foreign airlines. Because local are normally willing to pay a premium to travel on home airline.

Personally, I recommend BR; CC may not be as friendly as MH but food served onboard is better than MH and is value for money.

:drinks:

What fare bucket does that CX fare book into?

CX is one of the stingiest airlines when it comes to mileage accrual and from memory, apart from Y B or H (expensive economy fares), little else accrue at 100%.

It's V class, if my memory serves me correctly. Miles accruable is 4000+, quoted by their reservation system.

The beeter the service , the less you pay eventually :help:

But i think BR should be very good. The flight between KUL/TPE is operated by their brand new 332, with more legroom in Y and AVOD :p

For me I'll look into the price first, after that I'll look in the schedule of the cheapest flights. If the schedule is no good, then I'll look into the second cheapest and the same process will repeat until I'm satisfied with both fares and schedule.

In terms of mileage I'm won't be bother as there's usually 3 years expiry on your mileage, it's very difficult to accured enough mileage within 3 years to redem for free flights unless you are business traveller who always fly (Like Kelvin) or if you are leisure flyer who takes long haul flights.

In terms of mileage I'm won't be bother as there's usually 3 years expiry on your mileage, it's very difficult to accured enough mileage within 3 years to redem for free flights unless you are business traveller who always fly (Like Kelvin) or if you are leisure flyer who takes long haul flights.

Some FFPs have non-expiring mileage as long as you have some form of accrual activity every 3 years.

It's V class, if my memory serves me correctly. Miles accruable is 4000+, quoted by their reservation system.

Make sure you put that on AsiaMiles then, to get the 100% accrual. 50% if you have a QF FF account. It earns 0 miles on most other oneworld FFPs. :(

Edited by Keith T

I'm planning on flying KUL-HKG during next semester break. Found that CI and SQ has the best fare.

CI - RM1218

SQ - RM 1918

But i think i will choose SQ because i want to stop at SIN, and I never been on a B777.

The cheapest i found on SQ in Nov is RM1418.00 only (taxes & surcharges included).

Home airline is almost always more expensive than foreign airlines. Because local are normally willing to pay a premium to travel on home airline.

Hehe ... not me. I've travelled with MH since i was a baby. I will grab every chance to fly on foreign carriers. Like to BKK, i will choose TG, to CGK, i will choose KL :p :p

BR is probably the best here, overall ...

Below is the seat map of the BR 332 operating the KUL/TPE sector :

IPB Image

Have heard great stories of BR, and given the said fare, I would 'try' them... ;)

Fares found (return ticket in Y) :

- MH > RM?? + RM?? + RM?? = RM 1778.00

By the way, SQ is offering RM 1551.00 (taxes & surcharges included). More expensive than BR, CI and CX, but still way cheaper than MH :)

Same story here in NZ, Air NZ is always the most expensive airlines when they are not in discount mode.

I guess foreign competition wants a slice of local market? Most people would naturally think of their national carrier anyway when they want to fly overseas. I guess

Most people would naturally think of their national carrier anyway when they want to fly overseas. I guess

And also the fact that the home carrier offers, in most cases, the most direct option.

Sign in to follow this