MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

MH Special livery

2 more to go, MD wants it. now its not special anymore. one enough la, if paint 2 more, there goes my pay rise.

2 more to go, MD wants it. now its not special anymore. one enough la, if paint 2 more, there goes my pay rise.

344[/snapback]

TK,

:wacko: With those "specials" and BMW's... that's it

<_ sure no pay rise for you guys....>

and still being pickup by those Toyotas...

--

Guest Fendy
if they paint more then its not that special of a livery anymore . demand will drop . but they couldnt care less about the spotter's i guess

350[/snapback]

what demand??

Couldn't they paint the other 744 in blue special livery

Then two 777s - One in hibiscuit red and one in blue?

So that they do promote the two classes, although the 777s may not have F class.... but hey, the most important thing is MAS have it somewhere :)

Rumour has it that three 744 will be painted in Hibiscuit scheme - 9M-MPD Seremban(already), 9M-MPB Shah Alam (currently) and 9M-MPC Kuantan (due soon).

9M-MPJ is already installed with new F-class and C-class but painted in normal livery.

Guest Fendy

i have flown MPD but alas, that was before the retrofit.

oh well, at least this increases the chances of snapping her, since i dont have the livery in my library yet.

Couldn't they paint the other 744 in blue special livery

Then two 777s - One in hibiscuit red and one in blue?

So that they do promote the two classes, although the 777s may not have F class....  but hey, the most important thing is MAS have it somewhere :)

Rumour has it that three 744 will be painted in Hibiscuit scheme - 9M-MPD Seremban(already), 9M-MPB Shah Alam (currently) and 9M-MPC Kuantan (due soon).

9M-MPJ is already installed with new F-class and C-class but painted in normal livery.

447[/snapback]

The "blue" design is to emphasis on the space in business class - it has a different tagline from the red. Hence, that's why it was for the 772.

Btw, where did you hear this rumour?

time to buddy buddy with my friends at hangar again.......

538[/snapback]

Haha Azahan, please bring your camera when you drop by the hangar then!!! for the benefit of this online community

So anyone know the general back in service dates of the aircraft being repainted?

Azahan - I'm keen to know how MH treats the revised extended pitch for C in the 744, as what they have done to the 772s (where one row was removed from the front cabin.)

Regarding special liveries and retrofitting.

How many 777s are already retrofitted ?

As far as I know its just MRA, MRB, MRC, MRP and MRQ. Are there any others ?

I was onboard MRC last Thursday from ADL to KUL and the IFE System had to be restarted several times. Thanks to AVOD we could fast forward the movie to where we were left it. Cabin staffs were very efficient and friendly onboard that flight.

TK did you happen to be flying that sector ?

Just to clarify a bit with Sing Yew's post above. Sorry Sing Yew...

9M-MRP and MRQ was delivered with new C-class seats and AVOD systems. They were not retrofitted aircraft. B)

Most of us here probably knew this already....

No worries about that SV.

My mistake. How could it slipped my mind, RP and RQ were delivered to MH last year and our very own TK flew one of them back to Malaysian terra firma.

Im sure we all do.. but another MPD is not a good idea... they should come up with a similar scheme, base it on an orchid, or something, but make it different, even if its the subtle change in the patterns of the Hibiscus, it would be better than a direct twin

It is indeed amazing that they want to paint more aircrafts because I understand form other threads that it was more expensive to maintain the painted aircraft (weight issues and etc) ? :huh:

Well I think they should paint their B777 instead as they may be keeping the B777 longer than their B744.

I still think the blue fellow looks stunning and seems to be the best for me !!!!!! :clapping:

Sign in to follow this