MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Woei Shen

First Hong Kong Low Fare Airline

Oasis HK Airlines

Wow, low fare long haul airline. HK to Gatwick could go as low as HKD1000, which would be very cheap compared to CX's fare.

Waiting for Sneeze's comment :p

Oh, they purchased 2 B744 from SQ. Not bad eh

Edited by Woei Shen

Im not sure, thats what they claim. If you're lucky enough you might get it I guess.

Edited by Woei Shen

according to them, they still have business class onboard tho.. i m waiting for the tic to be released n if i m lucky enuf to grab lgw-hkg in december for £75 one way, i will be over cloud 9.. hahah..

LGW-HKG for 75 pounds one way?? That's dirt cheap!

How many hours flight? 12?

In addition to the comfortable seat, seat-back TV entertainment and hot meal service which are included in the price of your ticket, you can also choose to personalise your experience even further. Our Gourmet Meal Service allows you to pre-select a deluxe meal and enjoy an even greater selection of drinks. Or perhaps you would like to pamper yourself with a luxurious cosmetic kit to ensure you feel refreshed and hydrated the entire flight?

PTV, Hotmeal included, doesn't sound bad at all eh?

and...............mind you, they'll also fly to Berlin, Cologne-Bonn and Milan lateron :yahoo:

especially CGN is an interesting airport for the Dutch market (and Berlin to a lesser extend, unless you fly AMS-TXL on LCC Air-Berlin)...

good news :good:

note:

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines is a cost efficient long-haul airline company rooted in the people and culture of Hong Kong, governed by biblical values and the pursuit of excellence, with a deep respect for people of all faiths, races, and backgrounds, and committed to providing business and leisure travelers with a refreshing flying experience, caring service, uncomprising safety and dependable

wonder what that means :blink:

Oasis HK Airlines

Wow, low fare long haul airline. HK to Gatwick could go as low as HKD1000, which would be very cheap compared to CX's fare.

Waiting for Sneeze's comment :p

Oh, they purchased 2 B744 from SQ. Not bad eh

Woei Shen, my first comment, $1000 (excluding surcharge and tax) for signle ride with a 17 hours flight to Gatwick, what do you think?

However, this LH LCC will going to PROVIDE meal. :yahoo:

The two SO CALLED SQ B744 will be in Oasis fleet as B-LFA (ex-9V-SMC) and B-LFB (ex-9V-SME).

Why they are SO CALLED SQ B744, cause I found that they have in service with other carrier in between SQ and Oasis. :D

LGW-HKG for 75 pounds one way?? That's dirt cheap!

How many hours flight? 12?

As just mentioned, the flight hour will be 17.

note:

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines is a cost efficient long-haul airline company rooted in the people and culture of Hong Kong, governed by biblical values and the pursuit of excellence, with a deep respect for people of all faiths, races, and backgrounds, and committed to providing business and leisure travelers with a refreshing flying experience, caring service, uncomprising safety and dependable

wonder what that means :blink:

No matter what such means, to me, I still keeping my interest on this carrier to see how they will go success and write their beautiful story.

Supplementary Information:

Oasis' code: O8

Schedule (subject to change):

Flight  Day         STD  STA    Period

O8 700 _23__67 HKG LGW 0130 0600   29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

O8 706 1__45_7 HKG LGW 1300 1730   29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

O8 706 __3____ HKG LGW 1430 1930   29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

O8 701 _23__67 LGW HKG 1355 0955+1  29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

O8 701 1______ LGW HKG 1940 1540+1  29Oct2006 - 31Dec2006

O8 701 1______ LGW HKG 1840 1440+1  01Jan2007 - 24Mar2007

O8 707 ___45_7 LGW HKG 1940 1540+1  29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

O8 707 __3____ LGW HKG 2200 1800+1  29Oct2006 - 24Mar2007

If it's 17 hours, no doubt, they will make a stop en-route, as non-stop should not be more than 12-13 hours (my AMS-HKG was 11 last time) ;)

9V SMC has been transfered to China Airlines, then Iberia while 9V SME has been transfered to Iberia before reaching Oasis HK.

Both of the planes 1st enter service on 1989, not new planes afterall.

9V SMC has been transfered to China Airlines, then Iberia while 9V SME has been transfered to Iberia before reaching Oasis HK.

Both of the planes 1st enter service on 1989, not new planes afterall.

So that's why I said they are "SO CALLED" ex-SQ

You can now book flights, for UKL75 o/w indeed :good:

See:

http://www.oasishongkong.com/intro.aspx?p=101

Still found these fares available for flights in December (considered hi-season due Christmas) :o

UKL150 for a return will make around UKL300 in the end with all taxes/surcharges included; still a good deal !!!

Sneeze, any plans of coming over to AMS for some spotting ? :huh:

i couldnt log on to the url given, error 404

Have you installed Flash player Version 6 ? Works fine with me here :good:

Sneeze, any plans of coming over to AMS for some spotting ? :huh:

I would like to, but better finish my KUL or TPE trip first. :D

Nice decor on plane!!! Congratulation Sneeze U can travel to LGW more cheaper already!!! :drinks:

Yes, however, just heard that the 1xxxHKD tickets will just be a small amount. :huh:

OMG! There are so many HKD2000 return tickets!

And kudos to their website, my fav so far! SQ may be more sophisicated, but Oasis is differnt market and i totally love their navigation, etc. Awesome!

Oasis Hong Kong unveils low-cost, long-haul product

Thursday September 7, 2006

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, which will launch 747-400 service to London Gatwick on Oct. 25, unveiled its fare structure, inflight product and other details this week in Hong Kong.

Oasis has acquired two 747-400s from Singapore Airlines configured for 278 in economy class and 81 in business class. Service will operate four-times-weekly through Nov. 24, when it will become daily.

The carrier will offer four types of fares, with economy low season one-way fares to LGW ranging from HK$1,000 ($129) to HK$3,000, or to HK$4,200 in high season. One-way business class fares will range from HK$6,600 to HK$20,000. Fuel surcharge is HK$481. Seat pitch in economy is 32 in. Business class seats offer 60-in. pitch. Both classes feature individual IFE units with up to 16 video and 12 audio channels.

"Our vision is to make long-haul travel more accessible and to create a new choice not just for people coming to Hong Kong but also for the people of Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta to connect to the world," Chairman Raymond Lee said. Oasis is targeting five aircraft by the end of next year and intends to serve Oakland, Chicago, Cologne/Bonn, Berlin and Milan, among other North American and European cities.

It has contracted HAECO for engineering and maintenance, Cargolux as its cargo GSA and HACTL as its handler, LSG Sky Chefs for catering, Jardine Aviation Services for ground handling, PAM (Oasis) for customer service, Radixx as its GDS and Galileo for Internet distribution. Its aircraft will be painted in red and white with a "streaks of light" motif on the tail. Oasis is owned by Hong Kong investors.

by Brian Straus

Nice IFE for a LCC :good:

Vision is quite similar to Air Asia's ;)

Wow! What an airline! Such Oasis operation will also boost up CLK and HK's already existing vibrancy...

Surely will try it out on Europe bound flights!

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

If it's 17 hours, no doubt, they will make a stop en-route, as non-stop should not be more than 12-13 hours (my AMS-HKG was 11 last time) ;)

Sorry how did you conclude the flight time to be 17 hours?

HKG is in the same timezone as KL and the flight duration looks similar to KUL-LHR

Infact upon checking the booking page its lists the flight duration as follows:

LGW-HKG 11:20

HKG-LGW 12:50

On another note I can see many of the super cheap fares available which translate to about RM1.7k inc tax, fuel etc

Thisis very good value - I just hope its a sucess becuase too many long haul airlines offering these deals fail.

Sorry how did you conclude the flight time to be 17 hours?

:sorry: Robert, was just quoting Sneeze's remark, and questioned the 17 hours myself there :o