MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

KUL-DXB-BAH on MH

Malaysian Airlines has started flying to Bahrain twice a week, according to Gulf Daily News. The service links through Dubai every Wednesday and Friday, and will continue at least through the busy summer period. MEA VP Halimy Mahmood said the Malaysian government had stepped up efforts to promote Malaysia in Bahrain and the other GCC states.

Just received this from my DCA contact in Dubai...looks like its a seasonal service.

Just received this from my DCA contact in Dubai...looks like its a seasonal service.

No code-share with this one ?

- 15SEP ..3.5.. 1515 KUL 1745 BAH GF 283 343 FAJ 0

The flight is operated by MAS. The flight number is MH 7320.

Operated by the A330-300 jet. How upsetting.. :( I wonder what the arabs will say about the interior of those aircrafts :o

Edited by Imran K.

The flight is operated by MAS. The flight number is MH 7320.

Operated by the A330-300 jet. How upsetting.. :( I wonder what the arabs will say about the interior of those aircrafts :o

Lets put head to head(KUL-BAH-KUL)

Malaysia airlines

Emirates

MH A330

VS
EK332/773

USD1064

USD758

Which one you chose?

Lets put head to head(KUL-BAH-KUL)

Malaysia airlines

Emirates

MH A330

VS
EK332/773

USD1064

USD758

Which one you chose?

And I assume EK has a higher frequency to KUL via DXB?

Wow Seth..great stuff! :good:

The price difference is quite significant...about 300 USD.. :blink:

Id choose EK anyday over MH's A330-300. Even if EK use their A310.

Wow Seth..great stuff! :good:

The price difference is quite significant...about 300 USD.. :blink:

Id choose EK anyday over MH's A330-300. Even if EK use their A310.

While you pay less, you can watch from PTV and better plane, than pay outrageous amount of money for old with no PTV aircraft. I'll be happily fly the EK, which I'm looking forward to next summer :good: I don't get it, why MH wants to put high fare? Do they think they are the only option to choose for KUL-BAH-KUL route?

Edited by Seth K

Do they think they are the only option to choose for KUL-BAH-KUL route?

How about GF, and how's their price-level/service ?

I recalled flying KUL-JED early this year for work. It was shortly after hajj season was over, so that was the least busy period for hajj, umrah and overall traffic at JED. MH used A333 for that flight rather than the regular 744 and even then it was only around 20% full. One Arab lady sitting near me was constantly complaining to the F/As why doesn't MAS use the big aircraft with TVs she flew on from Jeddah a week earlier. I would've much preferred that MAS does the same (9 hours without PTV is a bit too much to ask from me) but at least I understood the basic economics of flight operations ;)

EK777 versus MH333... not a fair match!

Edited by Keno Omar

All in all..i think its pretty obvious that EK is the best choice for flights between KUL and BAH.

Starting October'ish, EK will be deploying the 77W for most of the flights between KUL and DXB thus passengers can definitely expect to experience the I.C.E IFE system, newer seats, and a newer aircraft.

Between DXB and BAH, the A332's and 777's are used. Although the IFE will only show comedy flicks throughout this short sector (thus somewhat rendering the I.C.E system useless) , I feel the trip will be much more enjoyable than on the MH A333.

GF's service is quite good...however based on a price comparison...I think EK is the best choice. The only problem is...getting a seat.. :nea:

Edit: Keno.. be that as it may...its MH's own fault for shoving such an aircraft on a route which is also operated by EK's 777 (talking about the KUL-DXB-KUL route). Consumers wont care if it isnt a fair comparison....its the ONLY comparison.

Edited by Imran K.

Imran, we all know what you'd choose. You know, Keith is right, with EK having higher frequency its no wonder they offer a cheaper fare, let alone the flight is next to local for them.

I'd choose seat pitch over anything on the KUL-DXB sector, and EK just does not cut it. Not to mention, MAS is 5 star...EK is not. You have to pay for the premium service!

Edited by Liam Gibb

I'd choose seat pitch over anything on the KUL-DXB sector, and EK just does not cut it. Not to mention, MAS is 5 star...EK is not. You have to pay for the premium service!

5 star on A333 :rolleyes: ....................idk bout that :)

5 star on A333 :rolleyes: ....................idk bout that :)

Indeed..ive flown J on their A330-300's...what 5 star is that? :huh:

5 star seat pitch!

Imran, you know, in someways I think most people now don't take to heart exactly what you say about EK, as we all know it is typed with heavy bias whether you admit to it or not. It almost seems that you go out of your way to prove EK against other airlines!

We all bias, we don't live in a fair world! If we live in fair world, we can accept everything :D

Imran always with EK, Pieter with the KLM, me with my CO, most MW with the MH, Sneeze with CX, LeeCH with the SQ etc.

Think, add another USD300 just for another inch(EK~33, MH~34), that money can be save, and EK has better service too. But heck, each person has different view,

How many people think about service and how many care to have the cheapest and best out there?

Just my 2 cent

Edited by Seth K

5 star seat pitch!

Imran, you know, in someways I think most people now don't take to heart exactly what you say about EK, as we all know it is typed with heavy bias whether you admit to it or not. It almost seems that you go out of your way to prove EK against other airlines!

What you feel is your perogative. I dont really care.

But believe or not...very few people in this world will pay 300 USD extra for an extra inch of seat pitch as proven by their abismal load factors to Dubai compared with Emirates'.

On other news...from what ive heard...it seems MH is marketing this seasonal service quite well in Dubai with huge billboards being erected next to main roads and radio ads and the such.

Seth, I know we all have a biased attitude in some way or another. I know Imran in someways doesn't realise he is doing it, I mean its great he has such a strong passion and is a great ambassador for EK, but there is just always some down putting of MAS (especially where an A330 is operating the route) in his comparisons. I guess i'm just sick of seldom seeing other carriers who can connect the two cities included in his comparisons. Its like he has something to prove in a way, but of course we all know he doesn't, as EK has already grown a fantastic reputation for itself.

When I fly, I generally fly on price as i'm paying, but given the option, it would be a totally different story.

Oh man, I know I shouldn't make that comparison ;) ...............lets make peace here :good: I accept all sides of stories, no one wrong :yahoo: Let's not make this like in a.net, I'm tired of those ;) arilah kita memajukan bangsa, agama dan negara :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

arilah kita memajukan bangsa, agama dan negara :yahoo:

Are you SURE you're not Malaysian? :huh:

Are you SURE you're not Malaysian? :huh:

I pick up some malay sentence, is that wrong :rolleyes:

I have lots more, I'll share it later!!!!!! :good:

Edited by Seth K

We all bias,

Pieter with the KLM,

You wanna know the service-level score of my latest flights (1-10) ??? :

DUS-CPH-DUS AB 7.5

AMS-HKG CX 7.5