MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

4th July, KLIA

Remy is a Boeing 747 fan but he had never gone spotting before. We hit upon the topic last night and he was instanteneously interested in a spotting trip. So, off we went to KLIA this morning! As avid as he is, Remy climbed up the hill beyond the end of Rwy 14L!!!

Here are some shots from Remy... I'm sure he will register an account in this forum soon. While waiting for him to register, here are some shots from him, which he allows me to post. Mine - will come later...

Remy's favorite...

IPB Image

Now this one is taken from the hill mentioned!

IPB Image

Capt. Radzi's baby Boeing...

IPB Image

TK's 772...

IPB Image

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/aviato/MH772.jpg

And... MH A330.

IPB Image

Some foreigners...

IPB Image

The blue Uzbek!!

IPB Image

Saudi landing 14L. This one came as we were drivingon the expressway home. We stopped specially for a shot of it! Question: This is a 744, right?

We also had the company of our Capt. Radzi at the Obs. Hill... Andrew Yong later on was there as well. Overall, there were 7 human beings on the Hill this morning!

By the way, this donkey just noticed he had made a mistake in the Topic name. Should be 4th of July...

Edited by Norman

All the credits go all the way to Remy and to Teoh for kindly posted them :good:

Good shot Remy!, Belly shots rock.........and all rock too :D

In the first pix, I noticed that black smoke came out from the MH744 engine ;)

Looks like lots of MAS traffic in the morning which is what I witnessed few weeks ago too :drinks:

I'm pretty sure that's SV744 :lol: Either way, good job to both, keep more coming.......but where CO? :(

Teoh, perhaps you should resize the T7 photo MRJ, it is a bit too big.

Uzbek, wonder if this is a regular flight ?

Wanted to ask Capt Radzi long time but keep forgetting after seeing his photo in Anet or JPnet. ;)

Andew Yong was there too. Good for you to find the spotting place. :D

Yes, it's 4th of July, as I said the donkey (me) made a mistake after confusing "7th" and "July"...

And, yes, I should resize the T7 photo there. Too big. My mistake... :blink:

Here's the picture needed editing:

IPB Image

but where CO? :(

Seth, sadly, no US carrier serving Malaysia. We used to have Norwestern but service has ceased years ago. :( Have been hoping to have some US carriers on Malaysian soil lately... :(

Uzbek, wonder if this is a regular flight ?

Wanted to ask Capt Radzi long time but keep forgetting after seeing his photo in Anet or JPnet. ;)

It seems Uzbek is a new regular here... Not sure.

PS: Norman, please change 7th to 4th Thanks! ;-)

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

We used to have Norwestern but service has ceased years ago. :(

Teoh,

Hope you meant to say 'Northwest' as 'Western' was absorbed by 'Delta' long time ago :p :p :p

Yes we do have American in KUL. UPS and FedEx.

Oh, I meant pax carrier... :-) That's why I was excited to see UAL and CO at CLK the other day! :clapping:

Oh, I meant pax carrier... :-) That's why I was excited to see UAL and CO at CLK the other day! :clapping:

Rumours from ages ago said, CO once planned to fly to KUL thru Continental Micronesia. Too bad, the management just don't see why pax need to go futher down to Guam/Hawaii and waste more time to get to SEA/US, after all, there are already plenty of way to fly from KUL/SEA to US. But in this case, Bali worked out well for them I guess since no Indonesia-US direct flight. It's just they short of widebodies to cover Asia since US airlines competition is there in Europe. When 10 years from now, they get their 787 and added up some LR-type fleets, KUL will pleaseantly in most US airlines most wanted list :drinks:

If the rumour true, the flight to KUL will be like this

COXXX IAH/LAX-GUM 1509 763 1 3 5

COXXX GUM-KUL 0441 738 2 4 6 7 :rofl:

Edited by Seth K

Uzbekistan is a regular. Two flights per week, one is a 752, the other is 763.

Thanks for the info, Liam. :drinks:

Teoh,

Hope you meant to say 'Northwest' as 'Western' was absorbed by 'Delta' long time ago :p :p :p

Yeap, supposed to mean Northwest. :D My impression of NWA has always been Northwestern as it was the case some 12 years ago, I guess..

Rumours from ages ago said, CO once planned to fly to KUL thru Continental Micronesia. Too bad, the management just don't see why pax need to go futher down to Guam/Hawaii and waste more time to get to SEA/US, after all, there are already plenty of way to fly from KUL/SEA to US. But in this case, Bali worked out well for them I guess since no Indonesia-US direct flight. It's just they short of widebodies to cover Asia since US airlines competition is there in Europe. When 10 years from now, they get their 787 and added up some LR-type fleets, KUL will pleaseantly in most US airlines most wanted list :drinks:

If the rumour true, the flight to KUL will be like this

COXXX IAH/LAX-GUM 1509 763 1 3 5

COXXX GUM-KUL 0441 738 2 4 6 7 :rofl:

Certainly hope that will substantialize...

Waaah~!!! Thank For Sharing.. Mana Lagi~??? :lol:

I absolutely love this phrase. It reminds me that I have blinded myself for a long time for not realizing that while KUL is not represented by American PAX carrier, it has been well represented by American Cargo carrier for a long time.

IPB Image

Awesome shot of the take off and traffic jam! I try to identify this A330, what is it? QR/ Sri Lanka? :)

keep more coming Remy and Teoh!!!!! Single runway operation more pixs :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

It is a SriLankan A330. Specifically, 4R-ALB.

Sign in to follow this