MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

route that airasia serve

hello everyone, i was surfing the net just now and found that airasia is serving the route kota kinabalu to miri, yeah this is right since they are taking the non-trunk route

but what about the route which MAS used to serve from KK to bintulu and sibu? i cannot find any information showing that AA will fly to these destination, is that mean we cannot get to these town using air anymore or MAS will still serve these route(i don't think so...)?

anyone here can clarify this to me? :help:

actually the i cannot really get the report that they had given earlier...

thanks for viewing my question

Route transfering is taking place, gradually. Should be done by 01AUG.

If AK not serving the routes, FAX might fly them.

Any "internal" information? :search:

Route transfering is taking place, gradually. Should be done by 01AUG.

If AK not serving the routes, FAX might fly them.

Any "internal" information? :search:

well... can u i know what airline is FAX?? sorry... :mellow:

Fly Asian Express.

New division of AirAsia i think. Fokker and Twinotters are transferred there and AK will take over the non trunk routes.

New division of AirAsia i think.

So far no signs of AK claiming ownership of FAX. AK's press release says that AK will subcontract turboprop operations to FAX. :unknw:

oh. My bad then. Thanks for correcting Tony.

I always tought they were affliated altogether with the Airline name Fly Asian Express

oh~ thanks everyone for answering me... :)

well another question is will FAX be a low cost airline like AA?

If they want to be another LCC in the region, they have to obtain enough economies of scale to stay up to par. Consider the aircraft type they're using and the maximum ASKs they can offer per annum, they will definitely want to keep their cost down (as it'll be already relatively high). But as to whether they will be adopting "the low cost model", no idea.

I saw in local newspaper that AK fly to Brunie for 89.99 :clapping:

yerp..consider very cheap in brunei dollar..now they dont have to travel to Miri to get a flight to KUL..

somehow i do think that this will effect the volume of AK pax from MYY..

Look at it from another angle - if all these non-trunk routes are really as unprofitable as MH has made it out to be, and the Malaysian govt has been subsidizing operations all this while - it can't get anymore low cost than now can it ?

As far as the RAS is concerned, it's LCC to the core - whoever operates the routes ! You see any pretty FA's welcoming you ? You expecting a hot meal/snack ? Does your seat recline ? No PTV's for sure ! More critically, where is the loo when you need it !! :rofl:

You see any pretty FA's welcoming you ? You expecting a hot meal/snack ? Does your seat recline ? No PTV's for sure ! More critically, where is the loo when you need it !! :rofl:

Definitely no such luxury. Ticketing-wise, I don't know if they'll be selling non-refundable fares like AK - that's also something we have to consider before labelling any airline being LCC. Also have to consider its network and connections onto other AK/MH (for example) flights.

Wonder if FAX can operate some of the trunk routes - probably with restrictions... :nea:

Look at it from another angle - if all these non-trunk routes are really as unprofitable as MH has made it out to be, and the Malaysian govt has been subsidizing operations all this while - it can't get anymore low cost than now can it ?

well, cost may not be the only reason why MAS cannot earn profit for these route, there might be others reasons behind...

there might be others reasons behind...

possibly a fixed frequency per week (set by govt)... :huh:

but what about the route which MAS used to serve from KK to bintulu and sibu? i cannot find any information showing that AA will fly to these destination, is that mean we cannot get to these town using air anymore or MAS will still serve these route(i don't think so...)?

well another question is will FAX be a low cost airline like AA?

AA = American Airlines. No? :huh:

AA = American Airlines. No? :huh:

NO, Believe he meant AirAsia (= AK) :pardon:

well... sorry... it was my fault, what i meant is Air Asia, AK...

AA wouldn't not appear to serve domestic in malaysia anyway...

AA wouldn't not appear to serve domestic in malaysia anyway...

AA here i meant American Airlines, hehe...

i know this might be a bit offtopic,..but if there's any of you who owns extra MAS F50 and DHT safety cards..I'm willing to buy from you guys...price..negotiable :) perhaps RM50 each?..i'm willing to pay for that price..

will FAX have their own safety cards by the 1st day of operation..now im torn between flying MAS F50 this July or have to wait till August to fly with FAX F50...decision decision.. :help: